The Target

Assassin Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Shiko flinched as she got out of the daze she was in while lounging on a branch of one of the trees in Cha Ran Academy’s school gardens. “Tch! I was dreaming about annoying stuff again” she mumbled to herself as she re-adjusted her position on the tree branch.

She looked out at the view of the school buildings and the students “Look at them ... Living like they don’t have a care in the world ...” she trailed off “How lucky”.

“Are you sure she went this way?” said a voice down below. Shiko saw their class representative. He had shown Sherina and Shin Ah where he last saw her. “Yes ... I saw Ms. Yuki go this way back when lunch hour just started. I-I don’t know where she went after here though” he apologized. “It’s ok, class rep” Sherina bowed to him “Thank you for your help”.

The two girls looked around the area, hoping to spot the classmate that they were looking for. “Just what the heck are those two trying to pull?!” Shiko thought as her eyes followed the two girls.

“Hey Sherina ... M-maybe Ms. Yuki really doesn’t WANT to make any friends” Shin Ah said softly. “Come on, Shin Ah!” Sherina replied to her statement “We HAVE to help that girl ... I can sense that she’s really lonely and sad ... and that she’s using anger and indifference to deal with it all”. Shiko was taken aback by the words that were being thrown.

“I know” Shin ah sighed “I know ... I felt it too ...”. “No one deserves to be left alone” Sherina looked around some more “I want to be friends with her ... I want to help her”. Soon enough, the two girls ran off somewhere in the gardens, unable to spot Shiko who had been above them the entire time.

“What are those girls?” Shiko thought “What do they want from me?” her mind drifted off again as she gazed at the lazy clouds in the sky.

 

Friends, huh? ...

 

That afternoon, when classes finally came to a close for the day, Sherina and Shin Ah, once again, tried their luck on having a decent conversation with the class newbie.

“U-uhm ... Ms. Shiko?” Shin Ah started. Shiko just looked up at them as she quickly shoved her things into her bag. “Sherina and I were just wondering if ... if you would like to join us for lunch tomorrow?” she continued.

Shiko sighed then stood up, slinging her bag to her back “No.” she said firmly and walked out the door.

SHIKO’S POV

I don’t like this.

I don’t like those girls.

I don’t like ANYONE here.

 

I clenched my fists in frustration. This day was definitely NOT a good day. I feel like punching something. AISH!

I wanna get out of here. I increased the speed of my footsteps.

Why are those two so persistent? Why can’t they just get that I want to be alone!?

“I can sense that she’s really lonely and sad ... and that she’s using anger and indifference to deal with it all”. That girl, Sherina’s,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter