Akuma is Watching

Assassin Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Shiko remained frozen in her spot with a shocked expression while Key waited for her to accept his handshake. “A-are you okay?” he asked.

With that, Shiko snapped out of it and slowly stepped away from the guy. “Y-ya” Key called, looking a little worried “If you’re not feeling well, I can take you to the infirmary”. Shiko kept backing up, slowly moving her head from side to side implying denial “It can’t be. It can’t be” she chanted in her mind.

Key stepped forward, now he was really worried about the girl. Upon seeing this, Shiko turned around and ran away. “Ya! Wait!” was all she heard before she disappeared down the hall.

“No!!  Why?! WHY!?”

Key stood there, dumbfounded. “What a weird girl” he commented. He looked down at the book he was holding, it was an old-looking book with a crimson red hard cover with golden floralia designs as borders. The words ‘At the beginning’ were printed on the cover. “Hmmm? I’ve never seen or heard about this book before” Key said to himself “There’s no author either” he added as he flipped the book to see. He looked back at the direction where the girl he was with just a minute ago disappeared to.

For some reason, Shiko was now in his mind. He remembered those eyes that stared into his. He saw fear and sadness in them. He didn’t like it. “Just who is that girl?”

SHIKO’S POV

I ran as fast as I could down the corridors. I didn’t care where my feet took me, I just HAD to get away from there immediately. As the wind swept through my face, I felt slight chills in my cheeks and eyes. Was I crying?!

 

I stopped and touched my left cheek. It was wet … I was crying.

I fell to my knees. I don’t want to do this anymore. I haven’t even started what I was supposed to do and the people I’ve met so far have already started messing with my mind.

I let the tears fall. Why was I crying? I honestly didn’t know. But I felt a pang in my chest, it was really painful. What does all this mean?

I looked around. Where the heck am I?

I realized

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter