The Ending: Moving On....With Or Without Her

Young Min's Girl Comes From a Sketchbook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks later....

 

"The paintings are all great, Youngmin-shi and I'm so proud of you." Mr Shin, the school principal, complimented him at his artworks being shown at the school's exhibit where all the students like him who were good at painting showed their works to everyone. But his paintings, not being arrogant or whatsoever, gained a lot more attention and praises than the other paintings.

"Thank you, Mr Shin." He bowed his head as he muttered his thanks.

"But who is that girl in your paintings? Is she your girlfriend? Must be your inspiration eh?" The principal chuckled and he only smiled. After that, he went out of the office and ventured back towards the exhibit. There he saw some students and visitors praised his works. He sighed as he stared at the his biggest painting—it was Choonhee's smiling face.

Yes. He painted her through his mind...through the memories they shared together.

On the biggest painting, Choonhee was smiling wide, her eyes was in a crescent shape that made her looked so beautiful. Her hair falls everywhere as the wind blew it. It was perfect. There was something in her eyes that looked like tears despite how she was beaming in the picture. Maybe that was the reason why people loved it so much.

The other painting, the smaller one, was showing Choonhee looking shy and blushing. She had her head down and was biting her lower lip. Her cheeks were even a little pinkish. The other one was showing her in an annoyed face. Her bangs almost covered half of her face but her hand was holding it above her ear as if she was about to tuck her bangs beneath it. Her expression was slightly annoyed but she was still pretty. The last painting he had for her was her shedding a tear. He painted it last.

There was still a sting of pain inside his chest whenever he would look at that. He still miss her, but he decided to move on and not to stay in the past.

He sighed again at the bitter sweet memories he had with her.

"Congratulations, bro!" It was Ren as he threw his arms around his shoulder. "Your paintings gain a lot of attention. Ah, Choonhee's really a luck." He said and before he could respond, a man in his late thirties came up to them.

"Excuse me, are you the owner of that paiting?" He pointed the biggest one.

Youngmin smiled as he bowed. "Yes, sir. I'm the owner of that painting."

"Ah." The old man smiled back. "You have a wonderful painting. It intrigued me so much. And I'd like to buy one of your paintings. I'd like to buy that big one."

"Oh," Youngmin smiled his apologetic smile. "I'm sorry sir but my paintings are not for sale."

"Oh, that sad. But I can offer you a great price."

"I'm really sorry sir, but I will not sell my paintings." He apologized again.

"Ah, I understand." The old man was still smiling, he doesn't seem offended that he rejected his offer. "She must be...special." He said as he looked at the painting.

"Yes, she is." He said with a smile on his face as he looked at the painting. "That's the only thing I have from her—our memories together."

"Where is she?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter