Chapter 4

Looking for Love

Man he is cute. I never texted a guy first from these dating apps but there is a first for anything.

Nervous, I texted "Hey what's up?" to Adam.

He actually responded! "Nothing much just chilling what about you?"

We were hitting it off!

But I Was confused because he seemed a bit flirty which was confusing me. "Why are you being so flirty?"

He apologized and told me he would stop.

"Hey, can we talk on the phone?"

"Sure!" and proceeded to give him my number.

He sounded great on the phone. I liked his voice and the way he spoke.

"How old are you?" he asks me.

"I am 18. What about you?"

"I am 22. Wow 4 whole years between us huh"

"Yeah it is a lot but I am turning 19 soon" I felt so big saying that.

Before I knew it, we were facetiming one another everyday.

"I wish I could put you in a bag and bring you back to Michigan with me", he joked.

"Haha," I laughed.

"Can you come with a bus to Michigan please? I will pick you up."

"I wish but I can't. My parents would not let me."

I honestly just enjoyed talking to him. I did not really have plans to meet up with him in person. We were both Bengali though so I did fantasize about possibly marrying him. But he was in Michigan and I am in New York so how would that work.

I was getting attached to Adam and could not stop thinking about him. I found him so cute. But suddenly, one month in, the texts stopped. I felt sad and missed him.

Later on, I found out that he did not like how quiet things were between us and he felt like I thought I Was a mute, hardly talking, and the long distance was too much. It has been 3 years and he is in a long term relationship now happily so that is great for him.