Chapter 12

Looking for Love

By the time I got home, from what I remembered, Zayan had hit me up at night. 

Once I finally got into bed, I finally have the chance to text him back properly.

When I get another call from him, I feel butterflies all over again. We have not called this much in a while since the first time we started talking.

"Hey, Ji Eun, so are we hanging out tomorrow?"

"Um... I do not know... I have class tomorrow..." I know it would be wrong to cut class for him. Spring Break would officially end tonight and I had to get back to college and go to my English class.

"Come on, just cut for me. I'd make your time worth it. We can hang out all day. It would be fun"

I could not resist when he was asking so much for me to come out to New Jersey to hang out with him.

"Alright!" I respond. I was so into him. I did not want to mess up my opportunity to see this guy. I really felt so many butterflies just hearing his voice or getting a text from him. I honestly had been falling for him these three past months we were texting. 

I could tell that he was different from other guys. 

I remember once he left me on seen and I felt kind of sad.

But then later in the day, once my classes ended, I noticed he started typing again randomly. When I checked the response, he actually had saved my last message and was responding to it! I guess he just did not have the proper time to respond back properly before and now he was getting around to it. He even asked me how I was doing after. It was so thoughtful of him! I was getting impressed by the littlest things honestly. I was so smitten by him.

"Okay so lets figure out how your getting here. Give me your address."

I gave him my address without my building number because I felt so awkward about giving my full address to him. I honestly did not want him to find out what kind of house we lived in and stuff. I know compared to him, my family was not so well off. 

He checked the directions between our houses and realized it was really long. "I live in Nolis Town which is about two hours away. Dam that's really long"

I checked the directions to where he lived in Nolis Town and realized it was pretty far away.

He asks me, "Can you get on a train and I can pick you up from Nolis town on my way to school". 

"I guess but its gonna take forever", I tell him, I suddenly felt discouraged.

"Wait what about Mewark?" I ask, realizing that its a lot closer and its cheaper too.

"Oh Mewark works!" to my surprise. I did not expect him to be so flexible and for the location to work.

"Okay, what time are we meeting?" he asks.

"Um I do not know..."

"Will 9 work?"

"Um I do not know... That is kind of early..."

"Okay 9:30, or ten the latest" he decides for us.

"Alright, I feel nervous..." I admit. 

"Why do you feel nervous?" he asks.

"I dunno I am just so shy and socially awkward..." I tell him about my insecurities.

"There is no need to be nervous. It is just me. I feel like we know each other by this point. You know me. We have been talking"

"Alright," I agree, still feeling like even though we text, it would be different in person. I would lose my confidence and get even more shy.

"Alright see you tomorrow then my girl. Good night, sweet dreams. " he says which fills me with butterflies.

I can not believe he just called me his girl!!! Was that real. Did that just happen just now. I was spazzing out. That night I could hardly sleep. I was just feeling so many butterflies inside of me. I was so excited to meet him finally after over three months of talking. Things were starting to feel real. I could hardly believe he would finally meet in person.

I had been daydreaming about meeting him and us talking in person. Us having a conversation in person. I know I Was really shy but I would try my best to talk. I was really nervous because I did not feel confident meeting given my super shy personality.

Wow, I really could not believe this was happening. I was really looking forward to it. He was really my dream guy honestly. I never felt so smitten by anyone else before or desperately wanted to meet them. He was so cute in the snaps and his personality was so sweet, calling me his girl already. He made me feel special and wanted and like he cared about relationships and love. He made me feel safe and protected and his communication was good.