Chapter 25

Looking for Love

"I can not wait until Sunday I can not wait to see you sweetie" Zayaan texted me.

It had been 11 days since I had seen him. He was super impatient to see me already.

"I can not wait to see you too" I text back. Honestly, I was excited to see him too but I could wait. Honestly looking back, I can not believe how calm and collected I was about the whole situation considering how obsessed that I have become looking back now. 

Zayaan kept wanting to talk to me he's so clingy and annoying sometimes omg but now that we are together i feel that its real and he adores his parents relationship its so cute lol

It honestly felt like Zayaan was kind of a pest he keeps asking me every freaking single day to come and visit him like its getting annoying and im like so ready to give in but I would rather just focus on my grades and school for now!

Wow why does he want to see me so badly? It has not even been a week yet and he's going crazy to see me again.

My mom's cousins came over to see our new house. We were snapping a lot and I feel like I looked nice. I put oil in my hair the other day to prepare for our date the next day. I had bought two new bras from victorias secret the other day to prepare for our date. I wanted to have new bras to wear. I was going too extra for a guy I just met. Looking back, I really wish I had not tried so hard to impress him honestly.

My mom's cousin and I took lots of pictures together and I sent all of them to my boyfriend Zayaan. Wow I can not believe he is my boyfriend...

He would remind me making it feel more real, "You have a boyfriend now."

Once we had a conversation and he told me, "You are the cutest and most attractive girl I have been with. The other girls aren't like you. Just something about you... I don't know" Looking back I feel like it was all lies. Honestly, my self esteem was at its lowest point then. I was eating everything up and blushing so hard. I was like awe no way. He would tell me "Just accept it when I compliment you". I feel like you know me. Before we even met, he knew me through Facetime. He could see through me. He understood me.

I remember how smitten I was that the month before in Mcdonalds, I was talking all about him to my friend Frida. "Hey Frida... I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

"You are the first person I am telling but I am talking to a guy that I met on a dating app."

"Oh my god".

"He is so sweet! and when I saw his Youtube videos I could not believe that he was talking to me"

I decided to waste my data to show her his Youtube videos. Or maybe I used the Mcdonald's wifi. I can not remember. 

She had a big smile on her face as she watched his Youtube videos. "Okay, I approve. He is cute!" 

I was really happy my friend approved. It made me feel better about it.

"He is so sweet. He texts me everyday and tells me how cute and sweet I am and how much he wants to meet me!"

"Are you nervous about meeting him? It has been like 3 months right. Do you want support? I can go with you."

"Sure. you should come with me!"

I tell her about how we have been calling each other and facetiming each other for months. 

"Awe thats so cute!" she says.

Once my mom's cousins left, Zayaan finally opened my snaps and said you look cute.

Then he calls, "Hey baby what time are you getting to New Jersey by tomorrow?" he asks.

"I dont know."

He says, "Try to be here by 10 or 10:30 but 10 would be better".

"Okay!"

We talk for a while. 

"I can not wait to see you. Good night. Sweet Dreams baby" he says.

The next day I scramble to wake up early around 6 am.

I drink tea and eat some biscuits with it.

Zayaan is texting me so many texts asking "Baby are you up yet?"

He sends me a cute snap of his face. I sent a snap face with an ugly filter of myself that makes my face look chubby.

Then I run for the shower. Once I get out, I pull on a gray top and low high skirt that I bought a while ago. It is black and gray and it kind of matches my long sleeved top. I put on my black purse put my shoes on and run for the bus. I wish I had realized sooner that we had a train next to me. It was so annoying commuting like this! 

Once I get off the bus I grab the train and then I get to Penn station and deal with the annoying ticket system again. 

I was on my period and made sure I had lots of pads on me. I went inside of the bathroom and changed one of the pads.

I was not wearing the hijab once again. I am so glad I Was able to talk to my friend  Rukhsana about it and relate. She told me that she also does not wear the hijab and just takes it off when she goes on dates with her manz.

I was honestly feeling self conscious because my period just started and I felt like I looked chubby.  I was expecting Zayaan to show up on a motorcycle but he showed up normally. He was so happy to see me and hugged me. He took my hand and we walked to his car together  and lord behold it was his friend Karim again! 

"He is here again?" I ask, surprised.

"Yeah," he awkwardly says. 

I get in the car and Hips don't Lie is playing again. Karim greets me, "Shakira Shakira! Hey girl."

I feel so self conscious the whole ride I do not even feel like talking. Karim ends up driving for us and Zayaan gets in the back seat with me. 

It was the cutest thing ever. I cover my face from feeling shy and he says "Stop covering your face!" and tries to take a bunch of selfies with us but I look so chubby in all of them "I look so chubby..." I utter out.

"No you look cute!" 

Karim is just in the front driving.

Then Zayaan puts his head on my lap and takes another selfie and I look even more chubby from this position above him. 

"Where are we going?" I ask Zayaan.

"We are going to pick Arham up from school."

"I am thirsty" I complain to Zayaan. "I forgot my water bottle at home".

He calls Arham and tells him, "Hey can you bring a bottle of water for my girl. She's thirsty!" I feel so special that he was asking his friend to do all that for me.

I was getting impressed by the littlest things not gonna lie. Now I know better than just because a guy love bombs you and is very sweet in the beginning does not mean that he actually loves you. 

We pull up at school and Andrew pulls up with a bottle of water for me. He honestly seems kind of annoyed. 

He pulls up in the front seat and passes the water bottle back to Zayaan who gives it to me. I drink it without putting the top on my lips trying my best to not mess up.

"You feel better now?"

"Yes I ask."

"Where are we going now?" I ask.

"We are going to my house". 

"What?!"

I could not believe it. It was only the second date and we were going to his house?!

"My parents are not home. They are on vacation". Oh right. He dropped them off at the airport the other day.

Wow I could not believe that we were going to his house!