The wrong happy path

The wrong happy path

Hi sweeties! Finally a new chapie for this story :D so slowly but...Junsu seems to open up bit by bit...You'll meet that famous boss of Jaejoong again here...Hope you'll Enjoy the overall cuteness ^^

Jaejoong was sitting in front of the several papers he had to analyze. He rubbed his eyes and moved the little lamp he has closer. His body turned as the sheets of the bed beside him had moved uncomfortably,

“Junsu-ya? Are you sleeping?”

After a little pause a barely audible “no” came out. Jaejoong abandoned his work and sat on the chair next to the bed, facing the smaller boy,

“Can’t you sleep?”

Junsu nodded. The eldest brushed his hair affectionately, “why can’t you sleep? What are you thinking about?”

“…many things”

“Like?...me pecking you today?”

Junsu lowered his gaze, “No…not about this”

“about what?...can’t you tell me?”

Junsu looked at him again, “hyung…have you…um… ever had… slept… with someone?”

“uh?!” Jaejoong windrowed his hand slowly to put it on his lap, “why are you asking me this Junsu-ya?”

“…sorry”

“I didn’t ask you to have an apology”

“I shouldn’t have asked anyway hyung…”

“yes I did…to be honest with you”

Junsu looked at him in pure shock, but he managed to soften his expression a little bit. Jaejoong chuckled uncomfortably,

“I knew you would have such reaction…but I prefer to tell you the truth”

“is…isn’t it….a n-normal thing?”

Jaejoong stared thoughtfully at the smaller man, who didn’t dare to look back at him again and sighed,

“Actually…it is…but…we humans just make it wrong because of our selfish actions…it is meant to be normal…but we transformed it…”

“what d-do you m-mean?”

“I mean that it was meant to come as one of the last results of love…but…criminals use it as torture, parents use it as a dangerous red line…peers use it as a menace…it has lost all its meaning”

“did it…even had…one?”

“I think so”

“How…was it…?”

“Deprived of any pleasure…to be honest again”

Now, Jaejoong can see that Junsu dared to look at him again, with the same first shock,

“You didn’t have any pleasure?!”

“No”

“why?”

“because I…did it with a person that I don’t love…and I was rather obliged to do it”

“How?...obliged?”

“One time…one of the gang bosses kidnapped a young girl…I knew he was to hurt her…I wanted to help her but I had no means…I wasn’t that close to the big boss back then…but, I knew that the boss daughter always wanted to…sleep with me…she always drags me anywhere and tries her best…but we never did it…I called her and proposed to her a memorable night in condition to convince her father to let go of the girl without hurting her…and that was a deal”

“and…what happened…did he free her?”

“yes…likely…or all my acting that night was to be vain”

“ah…she is weird…that boss daughter…”

“yes…definitely…she is not normal, I swear”

“that was you’re only time?”

“yeah…I hated myself after…and didn’t try it again”

“You are too honest hyung”

“I am glade that my over honesty erased that shake in your voice”

“uh?!...”

“You don’t hate me now, do you?”

“no hyung…it was for a good cause”

“and if it wasn’t for a good cause…would you hate me?”

“…I don’t know…to be honest…hyung”

“I understand” Jaejoong smiled as he ruffled the younger’s hair.

“You do?!”

“yes…I do…why are you that surprised?”

“…nothing…thanks…for being honest”

“can you sleep now Junsu-ya?”

“You need to sleep too hyung”

“I have to finish my work first Su”

“Are these my medical analysis?”

“yes…”

“I….feel guilty…really”

“don’t! I want to do this. Nobody has obliged me”

“Even though…”

“don’t think about it…and go back to sleep”

As Jaejoong wanted to stand up, the younger man pulled his hand,

“Hyung…can I…ask you”

“yes?” Jaejoong came back to his seat

“You love me, don’t you?”

“of course I do”

“why…do you love me?”

“…never asked myself…I think that love doesn’t need questions…I never asked myself why I loved my family either you know…it is the same now”

“and…h-how…I mean…in…you…for example…you love Jinie nuna…as you’re sister…what about..m-me?”

Jaejoong smiled softly. He caressed the younger boy cheek, “How do you want me to love you Su-ah?”

Junsu seemed surprised by the sudden question. He just looked everywhere as if searching for an answer somewhere, but looking back at his hyung…his face was still hesitant,

“you…tell me hyung…how?”

“because my love for you Junsu-ya doesn’t have a form. It is too big that it doesn’t have a ‘how’. You can shape it as you want and consider me as you want. Do you understand me?”

The way Junsu stared at the man next to him tells it all; he didn’t expect such response, but he was relieved…relieved at an extent that tears started to form in the corner of his eyes. He leaned forward to hug Jaejoong,

“hyung…”

Jaejoong profited from the situation to kiss the other’s cheek again, knowing that he won’t protest this time. He smiled to the success he had in his first mission and hugged the smaller boy tightly…

                                 ***********************************

Next morning…

“Going to America?!” Jaejoong was surprised by his sister’s sudden announcement.

“Yes Jaejoongie…I managed to take Jini there. I took an appointment for her with a very good doctor”

“But Unnie…the fees are too high”

“Don’t worry about that Jaejoongie. Now, I am here to help you. My working conditions have improved a lot and I can take it”

“Really Unnie?! You are not lying to me, are you? You are not jeopardizing yourself for that, are you?”

“No Jaejoongie…why would I do that. I actually came here to take her with me”

Jaejoong smiled comfortably, “ah! Unnie…this is the best thing that I heard for quite a while”

Sunie hugged her brother, “You worked hard to help us Jaejoongie. Now it is my turn. Thank you for all the times”

Junsu was looking at them with pure happiness…his plans succeeded. Sunie walked toward him and hugged him tightly too, “Junsu-ya…Thank you” she whispered to him.

“Jaejoongie, please take good care of that little angel”

“Of course Unnie. You don’t even need to ask”

Junsu chuckled, “Go and return safely Nuna. I’ll pray for Jeni nuna to get better soon too”

“Ah…I love that boy” she hugged him again. Jaejoong laughed at his sister reaction,

“I think that Junsu-ya is irresistible even for you Unnie”

“Hyung…let’s take them to the airport please. I can go out can’t I?”

“You can…Just don’t make me these puppy eyes”

                                         *********************************

“I hate goodbyes…” Junsu pouted as they got out from the airport.

Jaejoong chuckled. He warped his arm around the smaller boy, “me either Junsu-ya…but they are going there for Jini”

“I know…ah my phone…” Junsu picked the call, “Daddy…hello!”

                                        ***** ***************************

“Your parents?” jaejoong asked in surprise as he sat on the car.

“Yes…they called me…they want me to go home to meet them, can I go?”

“can’t they just visit you in the hospital? Don’t they know you are at hospital? That you are sick?”

“They know…but they will never come…they got used to it…anyway (Junsu hid his sad look with a little smile and began driving) come with me hyung! I want to introduce you to them”

“would it be a good idea Junsu-ya?...You know…Mr. Jung was very upset about me that time…don’t know what he told them about me”

Junsu took his hyung hand, “Just come with me. I am sure they are going to love you after knowing you”

Jaejoong wasn’t convinced, but they went together…this family, Jaejoong thought, doesn’t even love Junsu that is so cute and pure hearted…he didn’t have even a tiny hope about being loved…

Junsu stopped the car and they got out. He opened the door and called,

“Amma, Appa! I am here”

A fat, somehow tall man appeared from the living room followed by a tidy woman. Junsu hurried to hug his parents, but as he got closer, the man stretched his arm, stopping him. Junsu took a step backward, taken aback by the reaction,

“why?...” he whispered.

“Don’t you know?! You brat!” the man yelled. That wasn’t a good start, thought Jaejoong.

“What did I do wrong father?!” then he looked at his mother; she had a neutral face, “Amma?!”

“Who is he?” the man ordered a quick answer. Jaejoong, though he was stunned by the cold parents, managed to bow respectively,

“I apologize for entering your home likewise, Sir. I am Jaejoong”

“He..is my doctor…and friend” Junsu followed

“Is he that that was with you when Jung caught you in an irrespective posture?”

“Irrespective posture father?!! It was nothing…we hugged each other that’s all”

“yeah good! After having a good , didn’t you?”

“No! We didn’t” Junsu screamed

“Don’t you raise your voice at me like that Kim Junsu!”

“You are going too far father! You know I can’t…you know I didn’t”

“Then what about the money?! Who is that boyfriend or girlfriend that took it?!”

“What money?!”

“You’re account lacks a huge amount of money Junsu! Where did it go?!”

“that…I paid the surgery…I will have it soon”

“did I give you my approval?!”

“Won’t you want me to heal father?!”

“I don’t! Go to hell!” Jaejoong was extremely shaken…as was Junsu

“You…don’t?!! wae?...what have I done so bad?!”

“Listen Kim Junsu! I want this money back to the account in three days…otherwise; you will have no money left on it…Try to lie at someone else! The money was taken by someone else with a check from you! Who is that person? Ah?! Your lover?!”

Junsu hesitated a lot…he didn’t want Jaejoong to know that he gave that check to his mother,

“Appa…that person, paid the fees because I was unable to move the previous days…my condition was really bad…I gave that person the money to pay the fees”

“Couldn’t you write a check with the hospital’s bank account instead? Ah?!”

“I also asked that person for some things to pay and to bring…that’s why I wrote the check …you can ask the hospital if you want! Besides, I got that money by myself! Can’t I use it freely?!”

The next sound that Jaejoong heard in the middle of his thoughts about which person Junsu was speaking about is a strong slap. His jaw dropped as he saw the father pulling his son from his hair after a furious hit. He brought their faces as to be inches apart and shouted,

“You can’t Kim Jusnu! And the next time you speak to me like this, I will torn you apart did you hear me?”

Jaejoong tried to calm down the situation, but it was vain. The old man returned fibrously to the living room ching the door behind him after ordering Jaejoong to disappear from his sign. The latter caressed Junsu’s shoulder,

“Are you all right?”

Junsu said nothing; he just buried his whole body in the other embrace, sobbing silently,

“I d-don’t know why he h-hates me…like th-this” Jaejoong massaged his back up and down, hushing him…he knew that it won’t be the warm family meeting, but…it was away far from the worst thing he thought about.

                                                 ******************************

Jaejoong slightly pressed the cold fabric on Junsu’s red cheek. That slap was too strong and left a huge mark on the smaller man white skin,

“Does it hurt Junsu-ya?”

Junsu nodded, he didn’t speak a word from that hard discussion. Jaejoong sat next his bed and warped one of his arms around the other’s shoulder, rubbing his arm,

“It is better to go Junsu-ya…let’s go”

“Why can’t I have parents like those I see in the hospital? Why it is like that?” Junsu murmured

Jaejoong didn’t have an answer…he wondered too…he just sighed,

“Who is that person Junsu?”

“someone I helped… needed money for a surgery”

“Do I know that person?”

“No hyung…I met that person in the hospital…when I was walking alone in the garden. You were working then”

“You did good…my little angel” Jaejoong kissed the smaller man’s forehead, “now let’s get out of here”

“where hyung?...to the hospital” Junsu asked with a pout.

“no…to have some fun Junsu-ya”

                                             *****************************

“the entertainment park…?” Junsu was surprised as the car stopped,

“nee…don’t you like to play a little?”

Junsu smiled widely, “of course hyung”

When they entered, Jaejoong pushed Junsu in front of a man wearing a cute bear costume that was greeting the upcoming people,

“Can you please give him a hug?” Jaejoong teased. Junsu looked at him with a big surprise,

“hyung!...I am not a baby…”

“Ah you are…besides, who hates to receive a big hug from a big teddy bear?”

The bear man did what he was told…a strong hug that made Junsu giggle as much as it was tight…they took a photo together and passed,

“Hyung you’re crazy!!”

“my craziness make you laugh a lot so it is okay”

“Are you a good shooter?”

“why…Junsu-ya?”

“Can you get me that big elephant there? If you can hit all the targets…it would be the prize…please”

“You like it?” the eldest stared at the plushy and smiled, “come on! I’ll get it for you”

First target, second, third…and all of them…each shoot hit the right spot…the man handed the plushy to Jaejoong,

“If all clients were like you…I am not going to gain anything” he laughed

Junsu hugged the elephant happily,

“Thank you! the best hyung on earth”

“You just said you’re not a baby…su-ah?” jaejoong teased

“I am not…I am Junsu” the other man answered with a big smile.

“Aish…how am I supposed to resist eating you Junsu-ya” Jaejoong encircled the smaller man shoulder as they walked again,

“I never told you to resist hyungie” Junsu kissed his cheek, “thank you for everything”

Jaejoong stopped in surprise and looked at Junsu with widen eyes. Junsu slmiled sweetly,

“it does not hurt…does not kill…and it is innocent”

Jaejoong couldn’t hide a wide happy smile…he sure didn’t expect such evolution,

“Thank you Junsu-ya…for trusting me” and he give him another peck

Junsu rested his head on his hyung’s shoulder and resumed walking,

“How can I not hyungie?”

After a little moment of walking, Junsu whispered,

“Everyone is looking strangely hyung (he chuckled) I guess we are walking in some weird pose”

Jaejoong looked around…it was true, he whispered back,

“Look at those two girls…you know what are they saying?”

“what?” junsu chuckled.

“they are saying, look at those handsome boys there…they are better than the ones with us”

Junsu laughed at Jaejoong imagination,

“and this girl with that boy over there…”

“What is she saying hyung?”

“she is saying…look at them walking holding each other like this…and this man with me is just a !…he even not holding my hand…I should just leave him and go”

The concerned girl and her boyfriend passed by the two men and they heard her talking to him,

“you can’t even hold my hand…look at them…how sweet they are, walking like this”

The two men couldn’t help but laugh loudly,

“How did you know hyung?” Junsu asked between his laughers.

“That means that the first ones said I am handsome, isn’t it?” and he brushed his bangs in an egoist act, causing Junsu to laugh even harder,

“That we are handsome hyung!”

“For you…it goes without saying. I was only worrying about myself”

“ahhh! Worrying about that handsome face of yours or about that perfect body you have?!”

“shhh…I don’t want to catch a bad eye”

“Junsu let go of another loud laugh, “You are unbelievable hyung!”

“Let’s have some ice cream! It looks delicious!”

“Chocolate and Vanilla!”

“ A big one or a small one?”

“A biiig one…the biggest one!”

“But you should eat it all Junsu-ya”

“I will eat it all hyung…promise”

                                            *************************

“You told me that you will drive him home and forget about him, didn’t you?” the boss stared angrily at the car

Jaejoong sighed; he opened the car’s door, “Just look at him…”

The boss stared at the sleeping boy and at the plushy he was hugging. He sighed turning to Jaejoong,

“What do you think?”

“Why are you still with him anyway?”

“It is my doctor side…I know how to cure his disease…and I want to…I will feel guilty if I don’t, because he helped me too”

“I see…he seems to get along very well with you”

“It is hard to be lonely…”

“I probably can’t be jealous from him. He seems to be so…innocent. However, I am not sure about your feelings. I know that you don’t love me anyway”

“I can’t lie to you and tell you that I do”

“I know (he chuckled sadly) I don’t deserve your love anyway…but I want you to know that…I really love you…and if you need anything, just know that I will be here to help you…I can’t deny that I want you so badly…but sometimes, I find that I get selfish…tell me Jaejoong. Can you love me if I change like you want?”

Jaejoong sighed, “I don’t know…I really don’t know…can we talk about this another time please”

“I think I got your answer…you pity me that’s why you didn’t say a firm no. But I will not give up…if there is anything I can do to bring you to love me, I will…Good night”

“Good night to you too”

The boss leaned to kiss Jaejoong in both cheeks. He smiled at him and went. Jaejoong sighed. He sat on the driver’s seat and looked at the boy beside him. He smiled and leaned to rest his head on the other’s back, closing his eyes. Junsu woke up and looked behind him, still dizzy,

“Heyong?...Are you okay?”

Jaejoong lifted his head,

“Sorry Junsu-ya, I woke you up”

Junsu smiled, “does heyong need a hug? Come…I’ll give heyong one”

Jeajoong chuckled at Junsu’s cute sentence. He put his head on the smaller man shoulder and closed his eyes again, enjoying the soft caresses on his hair,

“Does heyong feel sad because his sisters left?”

“No, Junsu-ya. I just like hugs”

“Really?! Shall I lend you my plushy?”

“Can’t you land me yourself instead?”

Junsu chuckled, “Of course heyong…you can take both of us if you want”

“Just you is enough” Jaejoong kissed his forehead, “You can sleep until we arrive…it is a long way”

“Heyong feels better now?”

“Yes, heyong feels a lot better. Thank you” he smiled

“I am here for you…just like you are here for me”

“Love you, Junsu-ya”

“Me too hyongie…Wake me up when we are there, ok?”

“mmm”

“That means you are going to carry me to my bed if I didn’t wake up”

“mmm…”

“Stubborn heyong”

“mmm…”

                                        *********************************

JaeJoong put the sleeping boy on his bed, then he turned to the doctor that he met down stairs,

“Can you please get me the plushy from the car?”

“Jae-ah…what a caring person you are” the doctor teased an took the keys

Jaejoong smiled back at him and get off the smaller man shoes. He put the warm blanked over him and sat on his table, reading the medical papers again.

“What is that?” The doctor asked as he returned with the elephant in his hands

“We went to the amusement park today. Can you please put it beside him?”

“ok…You had fun?”

“yes…lot of fun”

“Junsu-ya always wanted to ride the train…but he couldn’t. he didn’t protest about it?”

“No…I promised him to take him again when he gets better”

“mmm…” The doctor lift the blanket and put the plushy. He caressed the sleeping boy hair,

“I liked to watch him sleeping…he remembers me of my son”

“uh?....”

“I lost my son two years ago…Junsu knew him to. They were so close. Until now, I never could tell Junsu that he died. I was afraid that he gets a shock. I told him that he went to America to have his treatment…he always asks me why he doesn’t call him…and I always lie. Now, I really don’t want to lose Junsu too. I really love him”

“I am sorry…”

“ahh…his parents do not love him though…I never knew why. They always talk about his sister’s death but these are just claims…I sometimes think that they are not his real parents…ahh…What did you found there? Can we make him a safe surgery?”

“Yes…I found a method and I am sure about it. But it is difficult. We need at least two doctors that can use robots very well. Can you?”

“I am not that good…what about you?”

“I can use them very well, but I have to train a bit. It is been two years that I didn’t enter a surgery room”

“I will ask and know if there is someone that can use those machines well here, and you can explain me your method tomorrow morning, ok?”

“Okay…thanks”

“Now, go get some sleep; you need it”

“I guess”