The wrong happy path chapter 3

The wrong happy path

 

When Junsu woke up, there was no one beside him. He leaved his bed and walked down stares, searching for his new friend. He heard a slit noise in the kitchen and entered; Jaejoong was preparing a meal.

“Umm...Smells so good. What are you preparing hyung?”

Jaejoong turned his face toward the source of the sound: “Yah Junsu! What are you doing here? Why did you got up from your bed?”

“I am bored...do I have to sleep all the day long?”

“No, but you must rest, you are sick...did your fever get down?”

“I don't feel anything...I think it is gone”

Jaejoong touched the smaller man forehead, then his cheek and smiled : “it is better but not gone...take a chair and sit down”

So does he. The eldest man exited the kitchen. Junsu put his hand on his forehead and slide it to his cheek. He closed his eyes and breathed, then opened his hand in front of him, looking at it: “ The last time someone touched me like this was...6 years ago...and that someone was my mother...could it be that...you, hyung, that I only met yesterday...you can worry so much about me and that my own family...does not?” Junsu was waked up by the weight on his shoulders. He lifted his head; Jaejoong had brought a warm wool jacket and warped it around him: “I have told you to be careful with the cold, didn't I?” Junsu smiled a melancholic smile then turned his gaze away, looking at the table. He sat his hand on Jaejoong's, that was on his shoulder: “if it will always make you repeat that sweet reaction, I will wear nothing and just walk topless”

Jaejoong chuckled: “ and if I suggest you that if you would be careful I will even be sweeter?”

Junsu returned to look at his speaker: “in this case...I'll do what you want”

“then please be careful...I don't want you to get a cold”

“ok...” “But you can't stay with me forever hyung

“Good boy” Jaejoong ruffled his hair and returned to his meal

“You didn't tell me what you are preparing hyung?”

“ delicious chicken fingers”

“Really?”

“and it is almost ready”

“yay! I will go wash my hands then”

After eating the well prepared meals, the two men sat on the main couch at the living room watching a TV program. A journalist was reporting about the strategy used by some thieves to steal a big bank in Philadelphia. Junsu remembered this morning's talk as he was watching the show. He turned his gaze to stare at Jaejoong who was paying attention to what was said. He tried to ask again:

“Hyung?”

“umm?” his speaker looked at him.

“That man said that...you needed money...can you tell me why...I mean...are you having problems?”

Jaejoong smiled: “why are you so concerned about it? Do you think that I helped you because of...”

“No!” Junsu interrupted automatically “it is not because of that hyung...it is just...if I can help...”

“Do you live on your own here?”

“I am sorry...I shouldn't ask you”

“no...it is all right...I know you just wanted to help...but I really don't want to talk about this for the moment”

“okay...as you like...I live here alone...my parents come sometimes, short times, then they leave”

“Isn't this villa too big for a tiny creature like you?”

“There are also some servants...they should be here but I sent them on vacation”

“You wanted to be by your own? Junsu...don't do it again...you have a serious disease...you shouldn't be left alone...if something happened...” Jaejoong stopped as a sad smile was drawn on Junsu's face and his eyes became teary. Jaejoong face fell “you...wanted...something to happen?”

“no...hyung...they don't care...either”

“but...you have someone that cares for you”

“no...there is no one hyung...I am unwanted”

“and that miserable man who is sitting beside you...doesn't count?”

Junsu looked at his speaker with doubtful eyes then he smiled: “that miserable man...cares about the whole world...he just have to find someone to care about or he would be unsatisfied”

“Junsu-ya! That's unfair...you hurt me”

Junsu chuckled at his speaker's cuteness: “ you have too many faces hyung! A strong one, a tender one, a cruel one and a cute one”

“cute? That's an adjective for you not for me!”

“Really? Do you think I am cute?”

“No one have told you before?!”

“A lot of people...but they said it with envious look...not like you”

“but I envy you as well”

“uh?!!! But you are so beautiful, so handsome...why to envy me?”

“because you have something I don't have...something magical”

Junsu felt his cheeks turning slightly red and Jaejoong busted laughing: “you are blushing! Oh my God you are so shy!”

“Stop it...you are the one who stares weirdly...that's why”

“weirdly?! Like what? How?”

“Stop teasing me like this hyung!”

“ok...ok...Arasso”

Jaejoong cell phone started ringing. He pick up the call and listened to his speaker only repeating words of approval. At the end of the call, Jaejoong stood up : “Junsu-ya...would you be okay if I leave you for a while?”

“What happened hyung?”

“It is nothing...I just had to meet someone and I forgot about it”

“I am sorry...actually...you don't have to stay with me...would you...need my car?”

“oh! That would be great...thus I will return sooner...would you be okay by your own?”

“ yes...I have been living alone for years”

“Ok then...take care of yourself. I'll be right back”

*****************************************************************************

As soon as Jaejoong exited the house, Junsu returned to his room, entered the bathroom, opened a little drawer and took a knife that he had put there while ago. He looked at himself in the mirror; a pale, sad face was laying there. Junsu twisted his fingers nervously around the knife and tried to push back the tears: “I wanted to be on my own because I...was afraid...if someone stays...that he would be jugged as a criminal...I wanted to die...really...after all...I will die soon...the doctor said that there isn't...that there is a tiny hope that someday I'll be healed

 

****************************************************************************

Jaejoong stopped the car in front of a young good looking lady. He walked toward her and hugged her tightly. She looked at him with an apologetic smile:

“I am really sorry Jaejoongie...I didn't want to...” But she couldn't finish her sentence because her speaker stopped her putting his finger on her soft lips.

“It is okay nuna. Never mind it. I told you to contact me whenever you needed”

“Thank you Jaejoongie...I really don't know how we could be without you”

“Let us sit somewhere and tell me about what is bothering you”

“Is it your car? Sounds great”

“No actually...it is my friend's”

“Ah...seems very rich! Lucky him”

“no...he is not lucky at all sister. He is rather miserable. Well where do you want to go”

“Little brother...you first...you are having such worried gaze...what happened?”

“Nothing nuna...it is just my friend...he is very sick and I left him alone....and I have a bad feeling about that...a really bad one...nuna...I am sorry”

“Ok...let us just speak in the car...that way you can return to your friend's side sooner”

Jaejoong smiled and the young girl returned the grinned back: “I know you very well Jaejoongie...can't hide anything from me”

 

Jaejoong and his sister sat on the car and the latest started talking about his other sister's depression:

 

“She can't handle the pain anymore Jaejoongie...she even don't want to accept her disease, and she is refusing to take her treatment. She cries a lot...I tried to comfort her but I felt so useless. I couldn't even give her a little hope to hold on to (she wiped her tears and continued) one day...she said she wanted an orange...she likes orange...and she said that she wanted one...she wanted to eat it before she dies...I lost all my strength seeing her telling me that like it was her last wish...but I ran to bring her one (she stopped...trying to breath between her sobs. Jaejoong held her hand and gave her some hand thieves) but I forgot my wallet and returned....Thanks God I did that...because she sent me to be alone...she wanted to suicide....that's why she told me to go...she cut her veins...she was bleeding...thanks God I returned...I called the doctor and they saved her...Jaejoongie....I would never forgive myself if something happened to her..I don't know what to do”

Jaejoong face turned pale as he asked nervously: “Is she all right now?”

“yes...she is fine...she..”

Jaejoong turned to look at the road with a very shocked look. He thought back :

There are also some servants...they should be here but I sent them on vacation”

You wanted to be by your own? Junsu...don't do it again...you have a serious disease...you shouldn't be left alone...if something happened...”

 

“Junsu...”

“What?” his sister asked blankly but received no answer as her brother starts driving in a crazy speed.