Nine

Things I Never Knew I Wanted

“Hah,” Key sighed once he and Jonghyun had finally stopped laughing. “Okay, well now that we know they’re going to stay out of our way, what should we do?”

“Well, we have until noon…” Jonghyun said, his big puppy eyes looking thoughtful. Key found this adorable. He crawled over to Jonghyun, pinning him down on the floor.

“Yah, we can do this until then, right?” Key said, kissing Jonghyun again.

“Ah, wouldn’t it be hilarious if Taemin came in again,” Jonghyun asked, once again wrapping his arms around Key’s slender waist.

“It would be, but he said he—”

“UMMA, I—” Taemin cried as he ran into the room again. Jonghyun and Key couldn’t help it; they cracked up once again, Key falling off of Jonghyun and both of them hitting the floor with insane laughter. Taemin also laughed awkwardly, and once again, Minho appeared.

“What’s going on in here? Why are you on the floor? What were they doing, Taemin-ah?” he asked. Taemin looked at him with panic in his eyes, turning the most brilliant shade of crimson Key had ever seen.

“I…I don’t know, hyung,” Taemin stuttered. Minho looked at them with narrowed eyes.

“He’s underage,” he said, pointing to Taemin. Key looked affronted.

“We weren’t doing anything wrong,” Key said. “Don’t give us that.”

“Really hyung, it’s fine,” Taemin said.

“And why is he calling you umma?” Minho asked, ignoring Taemin.

“I thought you were going to stay out of our way?” Key spat.

“I was, but obviously you can’t be trusted to keep it appropriate in here. Why is he calling you umma?”

“It’s none of your business, is it, Choi-ssi?” Key asked viciously. “Anyway, who are you to judge what is and isn’t appropriate? You’re picking fights like a drunk person.”

“Just because you’re my sunbae doesn’t mean you can talk to me like that! Maybe I should stay out of your way, because you’re just a big problem waiting to happen every time I come near you.”

“Maybe you should! Because it’s not me who’s the problem, it’s you! You’re always causing the arguments, not me. If it weren’t for you always picking on me, I would be perfectly civil to you! But I’m not going to stand around and let you talk badly about me.”

“Guys, seriously, stop this. You’re both adults. Please, just keep it courteous until noon at least,” Jonghyun interrupted.

“I will if he does,” Key pouted. Minho didn’t say anything but looked at the ground.

“Ah,” Taemin said. “Why don’t we…ah…why don’t we watch a movie? We have a television here, we could—”

“Taemin-ah, we could do that at home though!” Jonghyun pointed out.

“Yeah, but what else is there to do? You know, something that would keep everyone happy,” Taemin asked him.

“Yah, we could, oh, I don’t know. It’s already almost ten o’clock. We only have two hours left. Oh come on guys, please, can’t we just play a game or something and be nice to each other for two hours?” Jonghyun pleaded.

“Oh, anything for you, Jjong,” Minho said in a mockingly high voice.

“Seriously? SERIOUSLY?” Key yelled. “Do you always have to do that? Didn’t we argue twice already in the past fifteen minutes? Isn’t that enough for you? Do you have to be so rude all the time?”

“It’s okay, Kibum, just drop it. Like you said, you already argued twice in the past fifteen minutes. No need to prolong it.”

“You’re right. Okay. I’ll be nice,” Key said, breathing heavily. He sat down next to Jonghyun again, trying to concentrate on really controlling his anger.

“You too please, Minho-hyung,” Taemin said. Minho glanced over at Taemin and nodded, still frowning.

“Let’s play Go,” Jonghyun suggested. “Everyone likes Go, right?”

“It’s such an old person game though,” Minho whined.

“Come on, hyung, please?” Taemin said, pleading adorably with his eyes.

“Fine,” Minho acquiesced. They set up the game, and they played mostly wordlessly, with the exception of Jonghyun trying to pry words out of Key and Taemin doing the same for Minho. It was to no avail, however. The two stayed silent. When they finished the game, they still didn’t talk at all. By eleven o’clock, Taemin had fallen asleep on the hardwood floor, and Jonghyun was trying to stack the Go pieces out of boredom. Minho and Key just glared at the ground.

“Yah,” Jonghyun breathed. “What’s wrong with you guys? Say something so I know you haven’t died.”

“Jjong, it’s probably not a good idea for him and me to talk to each other.”

“Mm…Minho-ssi, can I talk to you for a moment?” Jonghyun asked.

“Oh, I don’t think Key-goon would like that,” Minho said.

“Oh, don’t you start again,” Key said shrilly. “Seriously, I don’t know what I’ve ever done to you to make you hate me so much, but—”

“Don’t you? Don’t you? You should. I can’t believe you don’t remember.”

“Remember what?” Key asked impatiently. Minho looked at him incredulously.

“You’ve actually forgotten,” he said in disbelief.

“Well, remind me,” Key muttered.

“No, I’m not going to. And I’m not going to tell you either, Jonghyun-hyung. He’s going to figure it out for himself, if it’s the last thing he does.”

“Well, I’m sorry for whatever it is I did. There, that good enough for you?”

“No, and even if you meant it, it still wouldn’t be good enough because you don’t even know what you’re apologizing for. Figure it out before you meaninglessly say you’re sorry,” Minho said. Key scowled at him.

“I’m going outside,” Key stated, getting up.

“Yah, Kibum, wait,” Jonghyun said. Key stomped outside, all the way out from under the roof into the rain. Jonghyun followed him and grabbed his hand. “Look, Kibum, I know you’re in a bad mood, but don’t let this ruin it for you. We’ve had a good vacation, right?” Jonghyun looked at Key sadly. Key’s mouth hung open slightly, suddenly feeling a pang of guilt for being responsible for putting that pitiful expression on Jonghyun’s beautiful face.

“I had a great vacation, Jjong. I’m so happy to have you,” Key murmured, his fingers gently running over Jonghyun’s wet face. The rain was becoming stronger, and the two were soaked, but they didn’t care. Key brought his lips to Jonghyun’s, feeling Jonghyun’s strong hands slip under his shirt and explore his back. Key had always wanted to kiss someone in the rain, and here he was, doing just that. It was like medicine for him, completely healing all the roughness that he’d gone through that morning. Jonghyun pulled him closer, and Key pulled his arms up around Jonghyun’s shoulders. By the time they parted, the rain had slowed to a drizzle. Jonghyun held Key in his arms for a few more seconds before a general shiver washed over both of them.

“, I’M FREEZING,” Key cried, pulling away from Jonghyun, whose teeth were chattering.



 

^^Saw this on tumblr. I had to, even though it has absolutely nothing to do with this story or this chapter hahahaha.

A/N: I don’t really know what to say about this chapter…except that I like the Jongkey moments. Eh.

 

@heme-sanloveminho: Hahaha, he’s such a child :]

@iDream: ;____; YOU ARE TOO SWEET <3 <3 Comments like yours are the reason I write in the first place. THANK YOU  <3

@vampireme12: Well in that case you’re all set, because there is lots of both :D

@AZUMIX: GaemGyu wins every time hahaha. Minho didn’t mean to hurt Taemin! It was an accident. Maybe I didn’t make that clear ^^; Heehehe I’m glad you like innocent Taemin too~

@naznew: Yehehehe Jongkey + evil Kyu are the best.

@maedeh: It’s exaggerated a lot I suppose hehehe.

@iidots: Yeah! Conflict makes things interesting~

@MissEZ: Well I’m happy that you like my writing! Honestly I have a C in calculus right now…but that would happen whether or not I was writing ^^;; Key-umma <3

♥ Exie

P.S. Don’t forget to visit me on tumblr! I love talking to people, as you may be able to tell.