Six

Things I Never Knew I Wanted

“We only have one bedroom, so we’ll have to put down futons,” said Kyuhyun as they entered the house. “I hope you don’t mind sleeping all in the same room.”

“It’s fine,” Jonghyun said, grinning at Key. Key blushed again. He already felt like he’d known Jonghyun for weeks at that point. They put down their bags in one of the side rooms and sat down in the main room.

“So, the question is: do you want hang out all together today, or should we go our separate ways?” Zhou Mi asked.

“I think we should all go together,” Minho said, glaring at Key. Key smirked back.

“Good idea,” Key replied nastily. Kyuhyun frowned.

“I think we should all split up, hyung,” Kyuhyun said to Zhou Mi, and Zhou Mi nodded. “Okay then, Jonghyunnie and Key-ssi can go together, Minho and Taemin-ssi can go together, and Zhou Mi-hyung and I will go together.” Key turned to Jonghyun with a huge smile on his face.

“Let’s go see the Han River,” Key exclaimed. “I’ve always wanted to walk on the side of the river outside of the city. It’s so romantic, isn’t it?”

“Romantic?” Jonghyun asked teasingly.

“Pretty,” Key smiled.

“Okay, I’ve always wanted to go there too.”

“Alright, Zhou Mi-hyung and I are going shopping, Jonghyun and Key-ssi are going to Han Gang, and where are Taemin-ssi and Minho going?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Ah, we’ll just go and decide as we go off,” Minho supplied.

“Fine,” Kyuhyun said as he turned to Zhou Mi. “Let’s go, then!” They all went their separate ways. Key liked Kyuhyun already for suggesting that Key and Jonghyun stay away from Taemin and Minho. He was excited.

Key and Jonghyun took the bus to the river, chatting happily the whole way there. They got off the bus and looked over the river; it was beautiful to both of them. Even though they weren’t very far from Seoul, it seemed like almost a completely different world. The sun shone over the river, bright in their eyes and the fresh midday air was brisk but refreshing.

“I’m so happy we’re here!” Key said, stretching. “It feels so nice. Thanks for inviting me, Jonghyun-hyung.”

“I’m glad you could come! What do you think of Kyuhyun-hyung and Zhou Mi-hyung?”

“They both seem really nice. I thought I wouldn’t like Kyuhyun at first because he seemed a little blunt, but he actually seems very intuitive, which I appreciate.”

“Yeah, they’re great. It was so nice of them to invite us. I bet we’ll have samgyupsal for dinner with them. Zhou Mi-hyung is actually a really good cook so I’m sure we’ll eat well.”

“I can’t wait!” Key exclaimed.

“So, what do you want to do here?” Jonghyun asked. “We have until four, because Kyuhyun-hyung wants us to be back by five. Should we go eat lunch first?”

“Yeah, let’s do that,” Key said. “Mmm, I want ddeokbokki right now.”

“Me too!” Jonghyun said. “Okay, let’s go.” They walked to the nearest street vendor, who served them steaming hot servings of ddeokbokki.

“Ah, it’s so good! It tastes different when you’re not in the city,” Key exclaimed, devouring the delicious rice cake. The steam thawed their frozen noses and warmed their cheeks. Key noticed that Jonghyun was an extremely messy eater, but it was endearing to him. He reached over to wipe some of the sauce off of Jonghyun’s cheek. Jonghyun looked up, surprised that Key would be so bold. But he smiled and his lips a little more seductively than the normal person would. Key chuckled.

“You’re cute,” he said.

“Thanks,” Jonghyun laughed. “I try.” He purposefully made his face messy again, and every time he did, Key wiped off the sauce with a laugh.

Finishing their ddeokbokki, they got up. It was nearly one o’clock, so they had about three hours left to do whatever they wanted. They spotted a children’s playground near the ddeokbokki vendor’s stand, and they walked over to it. Key and Jonghyun sat on the swings, comfortably full of food and happy. The day was moderately cold, so no kids were playing there; the two had the area all to themselves.

“Tag,” said Jonghyun, tapping Key’s shoulder, “you’re it!” He went running off across the playground. Key grinned and chased after him. It took him almost a whole minute to get close enough to Jonghyun to catch him. He had almost tagged him back when he suddenly tripped over something—probably a rock—and fell. He put out his arms to break his fall, but instead of falling on the hard ground, he fell right on top of Jonghyun. Their eyes met for several long seconds.

“Ah, sorry,” Key said quickly. “But I guess I got you, huh?”

“You definitely have me,” Jonghyun replied, still looking into Key’s eyes.


Later that afternoon, Key and Jonghyun walked towards the beautiful body of water and sat down on the riverbank. The sun was lowering in the sky, and it gave a great shine to the water.

“Key,” Jonghyun said, leaning back and looking at the river. “I’m really glad I met you.”

“Me too, Jonghyun. Seriously, Jonghyun is jjang. Or, Jjong, right?” Key laughed, and Jonghyun joined in with his hearty chortle.

“You can call me that if I can call you Kibum,” Jonghyun replied, still laughing. Key really didn’t like people calling him Kibum, but for some reason when Jonghyun said it, it sounded right. Key scooted closer to Jonghyun.

“Deal,” Key grinned. “It feels like I’ve known you forever. You’re already my best friend and this is only day six of our friendship, isn’t it?”

“Yeah,” Jonghyun said. “But it feels like it’s been ages. Like I said, I’m really glad I met you. If I hadn’t gone into your room by accident, we might not be friends now. We might not be here now.”

“And thank goodness for Taemin’s asthma attack, or else we wouldn’t have had anything to talk about in English on that first day,” Key said. The asthma attack…maybe he did it because of…no, no, it couldn’t be. That’s silly. But Key couldn’t help but wonder.

They sat in silence for a few moments, still looking out across the river.

“Kibum,” Jonghyun began, messing with his hair. “I…I know that it’s a little weird, and maybe you…well, maybe you won’t like it but…I…I think I…”

“Hm?” Key asked, looking into Jonghyun’s deep black eyes. The sunshine on his face made him the most beautiful creature Key had ever seen.

“I mean…we’ve only known each other for six days but…but I…” Jonghyun stuttered.

“I know,” Key said softly, intertwining his fingers with Jonghyun’s. They leaned towards each other, and when their lips touched, Key thought he would melt. It felt so right. He felt Jonghyun’s hands reach behind his head, his fingers running through Key’s hair. Key wrapped his arms around Jonghyun’s broad shoulders, embracing him fully as their kiss deepened. After what seemed like several blissful eons, they parted, staring into each other’s eyes. It was perfect. Everything was perfect.



 

A/N: Mmm...ddeokbokki...oh yeah and a kiss. I'm very bad at writing kiss scenes. All my friends say I have like only 4 emotions: happy, sad, angry, and neutral. I don't have any of those "in between" feelings or whatever. So yeah emotions don't come to me easily. I hope it was satisfactory though! 

On a different note, I know a lot of you guys are hating Minho already, and you're going to despise him once I get to chapters 8 and 9, but please do give him a chance! He has reasons, he's not completely irrational! Hahaha so please don't stop reading. The end is good, I promise. 

@vampireme12: Yes indeed! But I’m very nervous now…if Minho’s getting on your nerves already you’re going to hate hate hate him in chapters 8 and 9…please understand that he’s not just being malicious, he actually does have a reason. I hope you won’t stop reading :)

@onewkeylove: Ah ah I hope you keep reading even when Minho seems like a total jerk in chapters 8 and 9. I promise you’ll at least appreciate the end.

@HappyMonster: You empathize with my jerky Minho…thank youuuuu <3 He’s not as bad as he seems, I swear!

@Ineedahugfromyou: Tada! Next. This chapter is one of my favorites~

@maedeh: Thank you! I’m happy you think so.

@AZUMIX: Hooray! Key is SO dangerous, you don’t even know kekeke.

@MissEZ: Really? I like to reply to all the comments I get, because then people know I actually read and appreciate them :) Anyway thank you!

♥ Exie

P.S. Sorry for this super long AN but if you're looking for more 2min, read 366! It's a collection of drabbles updated every day.