Fourteen

Things I Never Knew I Wanted

The kimbap Jonghyun had bought for them was gone quickly, since Taemin had eaten barely anything since his trip to the hospital. Key noted that Taemin also had the most adorable tendency to fall asleep after eating a lot of food, so while Taemin slept, Jonghyun and Key sat on Key’s bed, just talking.

“Oh yeah, did Taemin say he was joining the basketball club?” Jonghyun asked.

“Yes,” Key sniffed. “I can’t believe it, why would he want to be on a club with stupid Choi Minho?”

“I think he doesn’t mind Minho-ssi as much as you do,” Jonghyun suggested.

“I don’t want my son to have an evil friend like him. I don’t think Taeminnie is old enough to make judgments about who’s a good friend and who isn’t.”

“Oh, Kibum, don’t be silly, he’s eighteen, he can think for himself.”

“I bet Minho is brainwashing him!”

“Kibum, now you’re being ridiculous. Just give Taemin a chance to make some friends and learn a little about life, okay?”

“Mm, you’re right, yeobo,” Key sighed.

“Yeobo?” Jonghyun chuckled.

“Yes, got a problem with that?” Key teased.

“Of course not,” Jonghyun said, kissing Key’s neck. Key gasped slightly at Jonghyun’s delicate touch. Jonghyun worked his way up Key’s neck finally kissing his open mouth. Key reached under Jonghyun’s shirt to feel his strong back muscles. He moved up so that he was sitting in Jonghyun’s lap, with Jonghyun’s arms holding him in place. Suddenly, Taemin stirred and mumbled some gibberish, and Key shot up.

“Omo, Jjong, do you think he’s cold? I don’t want him to get sick again!” Key cried as he jumped off the bed frantically to get Taemin another blanket.

“Kibum, I think he’s okay, don’t worry,” Jonghyun laughed. “Come on, you interrupted something nice.”

“Just let me tuck him in,” Key said, making sure the blankets covered the sleeping Taemin thoroughly. “Omo, look how late it is! Jjong, you have to sleep because we have class early tomorrow!”

“Ah, Kibum, come on, class isn’t that early,” Jonghyun protested. “Can we please just make out some more?”

“Jjong, really now.” Key put his hands on his hips.

“I can’t get enough of you,” Jonghyun said softly.

“What?” Key asked. “Sorry, I couldn’t hear you.”

“I said—” Jonghyun started. Taemin made another sudden noise and movement and Key rushed to his side. He pulled the blankets up to Taemin’s chin and his hair, humming a lullaby. “Ah, you’re right, I should probably go.”

“I don’t want you getting sick too! I’ll see you tomorrow, yeobo,” Key said, blowing Jonghyun a kiss. Jonghyun gave him a small smile.

“Bye,” he said quietly as he left their room.

“I love you, yeobo!” Key called, but immediately regretted it when Taemin began rubbing his eyes. “No, no, go to sleep, baby, go to sleep, it’s okay.” He continued petting Taemin’s head until he was sure Taemin was asleep, and then he went to sleep in his own bed.


The next morning in English, the teacher assigned partner projects, and since they were college students, he allowed them to choose their own partners against his better judgment. They were to analyze one passage of Pride and Prejudice and give a presentation. Of course, Jonghyun and Key chose each other as partners.

“This means we’ll have to see each other more often,” Jonghyun said, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

“As if we aren’t always together anyway,” Key laughed. He opened the book. “So which passage do you want to do?”

“Ah, I don’t understand any of this book. They put me in the wrong English class, remember? I barely know any English,” Jonghyun sighed, stretching again. It reminded Key of that first day, when Jonghyun’s muscles were so impressive to Key. He once again stared at how gorgeous Jonghyun was, and even though Jonghyun was always around, Key felt butterflies in his stomach.

“Kibum-ah?” Jonghyun said, breaking Key’s daydream. “Were you staring at me?” he asked slyly. Key blushed.

“Of course I was! You’re so good-looking, so how can I not?” Key said.

“Yah, it makes me want to kiss you when you say things like that,” Jonghyun said, setting his hand on Key’s leg. “But we’re in class, so I can’t.”

“You can when we get let out,” Key smiled. “We only have ten minutes left of class anyway since Mr. Choi was lecturing for such a long time.”

“I’m not sure I can wait that long,” Jonghyun joked. He waited, though, and as soon as they got out of the lecture hall he attacked Key’s lips.

“Yah, not here!” Key giggled as a flush grew on his cheeks.

“You said when we get out of class!” Jonghyun shrugged. Key pecked Jonghyun on the lips.

“That’s not what I meant, pabo. Anyway, do you want to go to that good kimbap place for lunch?” Key asked him. Jonghyun looked at him questioningly.

“You and I?”

“Of course you and I!” Key cried incredulously. “Who else would I go with? Come on, let’s go!” He took Jonghyun’s hand and walked across the quad. As they passed the basketball courts, they saw Taemin practicing by himself. Key dropped Jonghyun’s hand and waved to Taemin.

“Omo, it’s my baby Taeminnie! Look how cute he is, practicing for his new club!” Key gushed. “Yah, Taeminnie!”

“Oh, umma!” Taemin said, turning around as he brushed his lengthening hair out of his face. “Jonghyun-hyung!”

“Taeminnie! Jjong and I are going out for kimbap! Do you want to come?” Key asked as they got closer to Taemin. Jonghyun grabbed Key’s hand.

“Kibum, I thought you said it would be you and me,” he growled.

“It is: you, me, and Taeminnie,” Key whispered.

“Ah, umma, I’m so hungry, can I?” Taemin asked, practically bouncing up and down.

“Of course you can! Anything for my Taeminnie.” He ruffled Taemin’s hair. “Yah, Taeminnie, your hair is getting long. You’re going to start looking like a girl soon if you don’t cut it.”

“I like my hair long, umma,” Taemin grinned.

“Whatever you say,” Key laughed. “Are you excited about your basketball club?”

“Yes! I think I’ll make lots of friends.”

“I think so too. But try to stay away from Minho-ssi, okay? He’s a bad person.”

“Aw, but umma.”

“Please, Taeminnie.”

“Fine,” Taemin pouted. Key continued to ask Taemin questions about the basketball club the whole way to the restaurant. They sat down and ordered Key’s favorite kimbap, the kind with ham.

“Open up, Taeminnie,” Key said, feeding one of the rolls to Taemin. He opened his mouth adorably and ate the kimbap in one bite.

“Yummy!” he smiled. Jonghyun sniffed and Key turned around quickly, remembering that he was there.

“Jjong, did you say something?” Key asked.

“No,” Jonghyun muttered. Key frowned, a little confused as to why Jonghyun was suddenly all moody.

“Umma, I’m so full now,” Taemin said after a few minutes of silence. “I should probably go back and get ready for practice. I don’t want to miss the first day!”

“You’re right, Taeminnie. Let’s go then. Come on, yeobo,” Key said, looking at Jonghyun. Jonghyun stared back at him but didn’t move. Key offered his hand, and Jonghyun smiled, seemingly relieved, and took it.

“Are you okay, Jjong?” Key asked.

“I’m fine,” Jonghyun smiled. “Uh, Kibum, I was wondering, Chansung is going to be away for a family thing this weekend starting on Friday morning, so I was wondering if you wanted to spend Friday night with me again.” Key beamed.

“Of course I would!” he cried, throwing his arms around Jonghyun’s shoulders.

“I love you so much,” Jonghyun said.

“Umma, I paid, let’s go!” Taemin said, popping up out of nowhere. Key let go of Jonghyun and ruffled Taemin’s hair again.

“Omo, you’re so cute!” Key smiled. He thought he heard Jonghyun sigh, but he wasn’t quite sure.



 

A/N: They seem to go out for kimbap a lot. What can I say, I'm a kimbap fanatic. I prefer kimbap over sushi rolls by a long shot. (Can you tell I'm extremely hungry right now?)

@vampireme12: So I decided to write Taemin’s point of view after all. I was suffering from writer’s block so getting a story I already knew in my head down is a good thing. I’ll put it up soon.

@MsOosShun: I will! It’ll be up soon~

@iDream: Thanks :) I loooooove that gif too. And Taemin’s thoughts will probably be up in a few weeks at worst.

♥ Exie