Ten

Things I Never Knew I Wanted

 

Key and Jonghyun hugged each other to keep warm as they rushed inside the house. They passed the main room to see that Taemin was still asleep and Minho was sprawled out on the ground as well with his hands over his eyes. They didn’t stop to talk though; they rushed into the bedroom for some towels.

“Okay, you shower in this bathroom; I’ll go to the one upstairs, okay?” Jonghyun said, his lips slightly blue.

“Okay, good,” Key stuttered, as he still wasn’t able to say much. Jonghyun went out of the room as fast as he could and Key went into the nearest bathroom. He stripped off his soaking wet clothes and the shower as hot as it would go. He swore his feet were about to fall off, he was so cold. Stepping into the shower and let the warm water rush over him felt so good. The water changed temperatures a few times, as Jonghyun was probably showering as well upstairs, but it was fine with Key. Even though he was frozen, he couldn’t help but think it was worth it to stand out there and kiss Jonghyun and make everything better. Despite the arguments with Minho, it really had been a wonderful vacation.

“Umma?” Taemin ventured, knocking on the door. “Umma, Kyuhyun-hyung just called, he said to have everything packed by the time they get back, because they’re going to be about ten minutes late and we need to leave as soon as they arrive.”

“Thank you, Taeminnie, I’ll hurry!” Key said. He got out of the shower, smelling like cloves and citrus. He got dressed in his dry clothes and exited the bathroom, taking all his things with him. Back in the bedroom, he met all the others, who were packing their things to make sure they were ready by the time Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi got back.

“I hope you don’t catch a cold from being out in the rain so long,” Taemin said to Jonghyun and Key. “I’m already sick enough for all of us.”

“I think we’ll be fine. We came back in quickly and got warm.” Taemin nodded, continuing to pack his things.

“Kids, we’re back!” Zhou Mi called. “Sorry we’re late; Kyuhyunnie here felt the need to finish another game before we could go.”

“Still undefeated too,” Kyuhyun said as the two ambled into the room.

“Oh good, you’re all packed!” Zhou Mi smiled. “Yah, the train leaves in half an hour, so we’d better leave now. Is everything clean?”

“Yes, hyung, we cleaned this morning,” Taemin said. Key nodded in agreement.

“Great! Alright, kids, let’s go!” They ran to the bus stop and caught the bus just on time. Kyuhyun recounted how each of his games of Starcraft went while Zhou Mi looked moody, and all the others were becoming visibly bored.

“Yah, what did you kids do this morning besides clean?” Zhou Mi interrupted. Key found it amusing that even though Zhou Mi was only about three years older than Jonghyun, who was the oldest of the group, he still called them all “kids.”

“Ah,” Jonghyun said. “Well, we played Go.”

“Is that it?”

“Yeah,” Jonghyun shrugged.

“Oh,” Zhou Mi said, seemingly disappointed. They were silent for the rest of the bus ride. Key could tell that the train voyage home would be a long one.

He was wrong though. It felt incredibly short, because he’d fallen asleep as soon as he got on the train. Trains always seemed to make Key sleepy. They got back to Seoul too fast for Key, who was sleeping on Jonghyun’s shoulder. By that time, it was already three in the afternoon. Disembarking the train, Taemin and Minho walked ahead of the group, and Jonghyun and Key lagged behind.

“Back to school then,” Jonghyun said. “I wish we could do this every weekend.”

“Me too,” Key sighed. “But we can go on dates whenever we want, right?”

“Mm,” Jonghyun affirmed. “And why don’t we have a fancy date on Friday night?”

“Sounds excellent. Why don’t I pick you up at your dorm since you always pick me up at mine?”

“Deal. I’m in room 406, but you knew that already.” Key took Jonghyun’s hand and they intertwined their fingers. They walked to the dorm that way, following Taemin and Minho. It appeared that Minho also was in the same dorm as them, just on the first floor. Taemin had volunteered to see Minho to his dorm room, which left Key and Jonghyun to go up to Key’s room. They paused once they’d gotten to the door.

“You know, honestly, I thought you said you didn’t like Taemin. But you’re calling him Taeminnie and he calls you umma. You’re taking really good care of him,” Jonghyun remarked. Key smiled at him, nodding.

“I feel like you helped me to realize that I can actually care about people, you know? I know what people said about me. Almighty Key, doesn’t care about anyone but himself. But as soon as I met you…well, I’m a different person than I was last week.” Jonghyun moved closer to Key.

“I like this person,” he murmured in Key’s ear, sending chills down Key’s spine. Key breathed in the smell of Jonghyun’s soap. He smelled like freshness or something, something Key couldn’t quite put his finger on.

“I like you too,” he said as he took Jonghyun’s face in his hands and kissed his lips, pushing his tongue into Jonghyun’s mouth. Jonghyun appeared enthusiastic about this new development and went for it wholeheartedly. They kissed passionately, Key pressed up on the door to his room, his hands on Jonghyun’s chest. They heard someone coming up the stairs, and broke apart, both of them gasping for air.

“Ah, umma, did you know that Minho-hyung lives in room 106? We all live in sixes! Oh, umma! Why is your mouth so red? Are you sick? Jonghyun-hyung, your mouth is red too! Are you…are you…” Taemin stuttered, suddenly realizing what was up. “Ah, I have homework to do, excuse me.” He pushed past the two boys and unlocked the door to the room, blushing.

“He’s so cute,” Key gushed. “Well, Jjong, I’ll see you tomorrow in English, and then Friday night we’ll go out for dinner, right?”

“Right, Kibum. See you tomorrow,” Jonghyun said, pecking Key on the lips. Once Jonghyun had gone, Key sighed happily and went into his room. Taemin was working on his homework.

“Sorry to embarrass you, Taeminnie.”

“No, it’s fine, umma,” Taemin replied, still looking at his desk. He paused momentarily, and then continued. “Umma, I have a question,” he asked.

“What is it, Taeminnie?” Key asked, fixing his hair in the mirror.

“Do you love Jonghyun-hyung?” Taemin ventured. Key turned around to see Taemin blushing but looking expectantly for an answer.

“Well, yeah, I do.”

“Even after you’ve only known him for a few days?” Taemin persisted.

“Of course!”

“Even though he’s a boy?”

“Taeminnie, it doesn’t matter if Jjong is a boy or a girl, what matters is how I feel about him. And I really love him so I don’t care if he’s a boy or a girl.” Taemin thought about it for a moment, and then nodded.

“It must be so nice to have someone like that,” Taemin said, somewhat to himself.

“Ah Taeminnie, the right person will come for you one day, don’t worry. In the meantime, I’m here for you,” Key replied, patting Taemin’s head. Taemin looked up at Key like he had something to say, his eyes wide.

“Did you have anything else you wanted to ask?” Key said distractedly, brushing his hair while he looked at himself in the mirror.

“Uh…” Taemin paused, considering his words. “Uh…are we going to have ramyeon for dinner?”

“Sure, Taeminnie,” Key laughed. “We can have ramyeon. I’ll prepare it right now, you go work.” Key took two packages of instant ramyeon from under Taemin’s bed and poured in the hot water, letting it sit for a few minutes. He watched Taemin try to figure out his calculus homework. In the time it had taken him to fall in love with Jonghyun, he realized that he’d learned to care for two people. Once again, Kim Kibum was losing his composure. But for some reason, he didn’t mind that much.  



 

RE-ADDING CHAPTERS 10 AND 11. 

A/N: I love the Key-umma and baby Taemin chat. It’s cute. And of course Jongkey moments are always good. Yay.

@HappyMonster: Just wait~

@naznew: Taemin is a er suddenly kekeke.

@iDream: That means so much to me, thank you!!

@AZUMIX: Baby Tae <3 Yup, you’ll see what happened between Key and Minho later! Jongkey kisses are wonderful wonderful.

@maedeh: You’ll find out~

@vampireme12: He’ll explain eventually, don’t worry :)

@AsianNoodles: Wait and see~ Thanks for reading!

♥ Exie