Eight

Things I Never Knew I Wanted

 

Key awoke to find not Taemin, but Jonghyun wrapped in his arms. He smiled and snuggled closer to him. Looking around, he realized that Taemin and Zhou Mi were up, everyone else was still asleep. A delicious smell was coming from the kitchen, though, and he couldn’t help but be curious. He untangled himself from Jonghyun’s strong arms, patted his head, and walked into the kitchen groggily. Zhou Mi and Taemin were making kimchi stew and rice. Or rather, Zhou Mi was making kimchi stew and rice. Taemin was standing in the doorway of the kitchen because Zhou Mi had undoubtedly not allowed him inside.

“Yah, that smells good,” Key said. Taemin jumped, surprised to see him there. “Did you sleep well, Taeminnie?”

“Yes,” Taemin said, smiling.

“That’s good,” Key said, ruffling Taemin’s hair.

“Yah, Key-ssi, good morning!” Zhou Mi said. “Will you wake the others up? The kimchi stew is almost done.”

“Okay,” Key said, walking back into the bedroom, Taemin following behind him. “Taeminnie, will you wake Minho up?”

“Sure, umma,” Taemin said, still beaming. Key was about to protest, but seeing Taemin’s proud, happy face, he just couldn’t. Anyway, as much as Key hated to admit it, he really did care about Taemin. He turned back to the sleeping boys. Kyuhyun was lying on his stomach with his eyes mostly open.

“I’m awake,” he said sleepily. “Tell Mimi-hyung that I’m awake.” Key was not entirely convinced that he was as awake as he claimed, but he figured he would tell Zhou Mi anyway. The only one left for Key to wake up was Jonghyun. He looked so cute when he was sleeping, like a little puppy. Kyuhyun grunted suddenly as he got up.

“Food,” he said indistinctly as he walked out of the room. Key stifled a laugh and turned back to watch Jonghyun sleep. He heard Taemin gently waking Minho up.

“Hyung,” Taemin said. “Hyung, breakfast is ready.” Key heard Minho roll over and make a funny noise, at which Taemin laughed.

“Okay,” Minho replied, getting up. The two walked out of the room slowly, but as they left Key heard Minho say “yah, why is he watching him sleep? So creepy.” Key frowned. Even though Key was fine with Taemin at this point, Choi Minho was an entirely different matter. He shook his head, trying to forget about it. After all, he still needed to get Jonghyun up.

“Jjong,” Key said, kissing Jonghyun’s lips as if he were Sleeping Beauty. “Jjong, wake up, it’s breakfast time.” Wordlessly and without opening his eyes, Jonghyun grabbed Key’s waist and pulled Key on top of him.

“Good morning,” Jonghyun said with a smile. Key kissed him again.

“Good morning to you too,” Key said coyly.

“What’s for breakfast?” Jonghyun asked, still wrapping his arms around Key’s waist.

“Ah, Zhou Mi-hyung made kimchi stew and it smells really good,” Key replied.

“Kids, what’s taking you so long?” Zhou Mi called from the kitchen. “The stew will be cold!” Jonghyun and Key both laughed. They got up and walked into the dining room, where everyone else was already seated around a pot of hot kimchi stew.

“Really, the stew’s getting cold! What took you so long?” Zhou Mi repeated, looking slightly annoyed. Key wanted to point out that the stew was nowhere close to cold, but he kept quiet. Minho, however, did not.

“I wonder what kept them,” he said, sounding very snarky. Key looked at him angrily, but Jonghyun settled it easily.

“Sorry, I’m hard to wake up,” he told them. “Anyway, I’ll eat well!” He sat down, and as soon as Zhou Mi had started eating, the rest of them did as well. Once again, Zhou Mi’s cooking was delectable. But Zhou Mi didn’t have food on his mind.

“We have a problem, everyone,” he said, halfway done with his serving of stew. “It’s still raining, so there’s nothing we can really do outside like Taemin-ssi suggested. I know Kyuhyunnie and I can still go to the internet café even in the rain, but we don’t want to leave you all to do nothing all day.”

“Really Mimi-hyung, except for Taemin-ssi they’re all at least twenty, I think they can handle staying home for a day alone. Anyway, you promised we could go play Starcraft,” Kyuhyun said, gripping Zhou Mi’s arm. He looked playfully menacing, and Zhou Mi knew he’d been defeated. “Anyway, Mimi-hyung, we’re all leaving at noon, so it’s not like it’s going to be all day.”

“Fine, we’ll go play Starcraft. You four stay here and find something to do. Don’t get into trouble, please.”

“Let’s go right after we finish breakfast, Mimi-hyung. We have to get there quick!” Kyuhyun said, excited. Zhou Mi pouted, but nodded. “Eat fast, hyung!” Kyuhyun said, eating his stew as quickly as he possibly could, pushing Zhou Mi to do the same. Zhou Mi purposefully ate slowly, and by the time he had finished, so had all the others, and Kyuhyun was getting impatient.

“Let’s go, hyung,” he pestered Zhou Mi. Zhou Mi turned to the four dongsaengs, mouthing “help me,” but they let Kyuhyun drag him to the internet café.

“Well, what do we do now?” Jonghyun asked.

“First, I have a question,” Minho stated, and Key knew this could come to no good. “What’s up with you two? Are you…”

“We’re dating,” Key said simply. Taemin’s eyes brightened.

“Why would you want to date him?” Minho asked Jonghyun. “He’s a jerk!”

“I—” Jonghyun began, but Key interrupted.

“What have I ever done to you?” Key demanded.

“Oh come on, like you don’t know. You’re the Almighty Key, remember? You’ve always been a jerk to everyone! You have a reputation, you know? And I know firsthand that the rumors are true. You’re such a diva!”

“Hey, leave him alone! He’s nice to me and Taemin, and he hasn’t done anything to you as far as I’ve seen, so just lay off, okay?” Jonghyun said, coming to Key’s defense.

“Ah, hyungs, please don’t fight. Kyuhyun-hyung and Zhou Mi-hyung have only been gone for about a minute and you’re already arguing! Minho-hyung, will you come help me wash the dishes?” Taemin squeaked.

“No, Taemin, I’m busy,” Minho said, still glaring at Key.

“No, hyung, come on,” Taemin said concernedly, taking Minho’s hand. Minho pulled his hand away, and hit Taemin’s face hard in the process. Taemin fell over, looking shocked.

“YOU HIT HIM?” Key shouted. “Be mad at me; don’t take it out on him! He’s done nothing wrong!”

“Oh, that’s not what you were saying on Monday afternoon when I came to help him. You’re fickle! You’re just trying to be nice to Taemin to spite me, aren’t you? You don’t care about him!”

“Neither do you, or else you wouldn’t hit him! You just brought him here to annoy me, didn’t you?”

“I brought him here because—”

“HYUNGS,” Taemin bellowed. He’d gotten up without Jonghyun’s offered help, and suddenly all eyes were on him. “Don’t make this about me! Minho-hyung, come help me with the dishes right now!” Taemin his heels and stomped into the kitchen, Minho following him reluctantly, shooting Key one last dirty look before disappearing after Taemin.

“What just happened?” Jonghyun asked, completely dumbfounded.

“I don’t know,” Key said angrily. “What does he have against me? What have I ever done to him that would make him so angry?”

“Search me,” Jonghyun shrugged. “Anyway, it’s over now, Taemin somehow calmed everyone down. You do care about Taemin though, don’t you?”

“I…yeah, I do. I feel like his parent, I want to protect him, you know?”

“I knew you did,” Jonghyun said, kissing Key’s cheek. “It’s good of you.”

“He just needs to be loved,” Key explained, holding Jonghyun’s face in his hands.

“You know, I already thought you cared about him the minute I first saw you panic over him that first day we met. You didn’t even bother to put on a shirt, you just ran out of the bathroom to see what was wrong. And then when you told me that you’d only met him the day before, I knew you must care about him. You already called him by his name and he already called you hyung.” Key paused, thinking back.

“I kept making him call me sunbaenim before you got there,” Key laughed. “But I guess your argument is pretty convincing. Ah, I feel so bad now for ever being mean to him. He’s had a tough life.”

“Well, you’ve done a good job of taking care of him so far. Don’t worry about Minho, he’s just saying things. I think you’re a great person, and you’re mine, so it’s all good.” Jonghyun kissed Key again, this time deeper than he had before. Jonghyun’s tongue was pressing against Key’s lips, and Key opened them slightly to let Jonghyun’s tongue enter when Taemin burst into the room.

“I—oh, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, ah…” Taemin said, blushing and covering his eyes as Key and Jonghyun separated quickly.

“Um, yes? What was it, Taeminnie?” Key asked awkwardly.

“I…well, Minho-hyung and I spoke. We’re going to stay in the dining room today, so you and hyung should probably…uh, well, what I mean is that not that you should do…I mean, you should…we’re going to stay out of your…no, I mean,” Taemin babbled, his words becoming more and more jumbled as his face became more and more red. Just then, Minho walked into the room. He surveyed the situation with a straight face, and then turned his back to Jonghyun and Key.

“Taemin, let’s go,” he said, and Taemin followed without any hesitation. As soon as they’d left the room, Key and Jonghyun burst out laughing.

“That was so awkward!” Key cried. “Did you see how embarrassed he was?”

“Poor kid, still so innocent,” Jonghyun agreed. Key was laughing so hard that tears were coming out of his eyes. Jonghyun had doubled over and was on the ground.

“And did you see Choi Minho when he came in? Did you see his face? That was hilarious!” Key said, still half crying half laughing.

“Yeah, that was too funny!” Jonghyun said. Key figured they laughed for five whole minutes before they were able to calm down at all.



 

A/N: Happy Leap Day! Only one more chapter of Minho being an ! Yay! And I love embarrassed Taemin. Woohoo thanks for reading, y’all.

@vickietang: Thank youuuuu :)

@naznew: Aw, I’m glad you like Key umma. I do too~

@FudgeBox: Was someone a little hyper? ;) But sure you can call me Eevee if you want haha. Eevee was always my favorite Pokemon anyway. It makes me so so so happy to know that you’re so enthusiastic about the story, it really does <3

@maedeh: Yes indeed!

@AZUMIX: Wahhh I’m so happy you like it~ It means a lot to me that you take the time to comment on every chapter <3 <3

@HappyMonster: It’s alright, he’s got umma now!

@Shinee_Forever_2012: Yup yup~ I like Key-umma so much.

@vampireme12: Jongkeyyyy. As for Taemin, you’ll find out! But I think it’s less intense than you have in mind :/ Ah well, you’ll like it anyway!

@ShawolShadow22: He IS~

@christina94: Key just can’t suppress his umma instinct no matter how hard he tries kekeke

@iidots: All good stories have to have something bad happen~ I hope my conflict is good for you hehehe. Thanks for reading and commenting!

♥ Exie

P.S. If I were to take requests for oneshots/drabbles on tumblr, would you guys request something? Because I’m considering it. I asked this on my other story, but since you guys are a slightly different set, I thought I’d ask again to be sure.