Job offer

Cafe latte

Jin rushed home as quickly as possible. He felt worried. 

"Mom? Mom!" He called.

"Hi honey, I'm in the laundry room." She called.

He wandered towards the laundry room. The second she saw him, she flashed a wide smile and hugged him tightly. 

"Mom..uh? So? What's the news?" He asked, curiously.

"Well...um...honey..as you know, I've been looking for a new job.." she started.

He nodded, slowly.

"Uh...yeah.." he answered.

She sat next to her husband, Jin sat opposite of his parents.

"Son, your mother got an amazing job opportunity in Busan. Nearly 4 hours away." His father said with a smile.

Jin froze.

"W-what? Wow..mom...i-"

"Oh isn't this wonderful darling? Soon, we'll have more money than we've ever had!" She said, excited.

"Yes...but what about me? What about my jobs?" He asked, worried.

"Nonsense, you're smart. You can find jobs anywhere. But start making calls so you can see about getting one by the time we move there. We have one months until we leave." 

"Okay...but what about Namjoon?!" He asked, urgently.

"What about Namjoon? You'll find new friends and you can still drive a few hours if you really want to." She said.

He scrunched his face, frowning angerily.

"I-i don't want to." He answered.

His father cocked an eyebrow.

"Son, you're still young. You don't have a choice. You're moving with us weather you want to or not. And who is Namjoon?" He asked.

Jin looked down shyly, blushing.

"Uh-uh....my...boyf-"

"Best friend." His mom chimed in.

Jin glared at her.

"No. He's my boyfriend. I...I really like him, dad. He's really sweet, smart, and funny." Jin stated.

His father nodded, smiling slowly, his mother rolled her eyes and covered her face, ashamed.

"Sounds perfect for you." He commented.

"So? When will I meet him?" His father asked.

Jin smiled.

"W-well...I don't know. I was going to go to his house after I was told the news. If thats okay." He answered.

"Ah! Perfect! Let's go." His father said, eagerly.

Jin laughed.

"Hang on. I'll call him first." 

Namjoon was boiling some noodles and cutting onions and peppers to put in spaghetti sauce. Suddenly, his phone started ringing.

"Hello?" Jin said.

"Hi baby. What's up?" Namjoon said, smiling.

"Oh nothing, uh..listen my dad wants to meet you. Is tonight okay? Is it too late?" He asked.

Namjoon chuckled.

"No, come on over. I'm making dinner. I'll make sure to have enough for everyone." 

Jin blushed, smiling.

"Oh, okay. I'll see you soon." 

"Are you sure you want to meet him? I mean he doesn't have a job and-"

"Do you even care about our son's happiness?" His father answered.

Her eyes widened.

"Of course I do but-"

"Bye. We're going to have a good time." He said, shutting the door.

"Dad? Are...you guys okay?" Jin asked.

Jin's father nodded.

"Yeah...she just...lately she's been getting under my skin." He admitted.

Jin nodded, understanding.

Once they got to Namjoon's, Jin excitedly knocked on the door. 

"Come on in." Namjoon called.

Jin opened the door, allowing his father to enter first.

"Hi baby." Jin said, smiling and blushing.

"Hey sweetheart." Namjoon replied, hugging Jin and kissing him a soft kiss on the lips.

"Break it up you two." Hobi snickered.

"Ahh you're just jealous." Namjoon replied.

Jin's father laughed.

Namjoon immedietly straightened up, bowing.

"U-uh...h-hello..." He said, nervously.

Jin's father smiled, extending his arm.

"Thank you." He said, simply.

"Huh? For..what?" He asked.

"For taking such good care of my son." He answered.

Namjoon smiled.

"I really like him and would never want to hurt him." He said, winking at Jin.

Jin blushed, feeling butterflies flutter in his stomach.

After dinner and several soju shots shared between the two younger men, Jin's father decided this was a good time to head home.

"Well it was lovely meeting you. Jin? Stay safe. Since we took your car, I'll take a cab home." He said.

"Aww no sir. It's really cold outside. You could stay the night. If you want. Or one of my roommates could drive you home." Namjoon offered. 

"Nonsense. That's sweet of you to do. But I'll be fine. Actually, I'll call my wife and have her get me."

Jin's eyes widened, he slowly looked at Namjoon. Namjoon gave Jin a weird look, as he hadn't known of the previous conversation between Jin and his father.

"Hello my dear, the boys had a few drinks so I was wondering if you could come get me from their house." He asked.

"Ugh...honey it's so late." She said tiredly.

"I don't-"

"Ugh fine!" She shouted, slamming the phone shut.

"Uh..dad?" Jin asked.

"She's angry about it but she's coming to get me." He chuckled.

"Why would she be angry about-" 

Jin covered Namjoon's mouth.

"I'll explain later." He whispered.

Finally, Jin's father left the house.

"So... what's-"

Suddenly, Jin let out a loud scream.

"Whoa...baby..what's wrong?" Namjoon asked, rubbing his back.

"Everything!" Jin screamed, as tears started to fall slowly down his cheeks.

Scared, Namjoon flinched, stepping backwards.

"I-i'm sorry..." Jin muttered, placing a gentle hand on Namjoon's cheek.

Namjoon placed his hand over Jin's.

"Now, what's wrong?" Namjoon asked calmly.

Jin stayed quiet, shaking his head.

"I-i...I can't tell you yet." He muttered.

Namjoon furrowed his brows.

"Why not?" He asked.

Jin stayed quiet.

"Just say it." Namjoon said.

Jin sighed, heavily.

"Namjoon...uh...this...this isn't easy to say. Y-you know I like you right babe? Like..a lot. Right?" He started.

Namjoon nodded, slowly and tears started to form in his eyes now.

"Oh come on baby don't look at me like that.." Jin pleaded.

"W-well then...what? You want to break up? Is that it?" Namjoon said, through tears.

Jin shook his head, quickly pulling Namjoon to sit on his lap, hugging him tightly.

"Oh god no." He whispered.

"Well then? What's going on?" Namjoon asked.

"My family is moving Namjoon. And my dad isn't happy with my mom. I think they will get a divorce. I don't want to move. I want to stay here with you. B-but...we can Skype or talk on the phone everyday. And visit." Jin said sadly.

Namjoon smiled slowly and kissed Jin's head.

"Oh my sweetheart...if it's true love, couples don't break up just because one moves away. Nothing can tear us apart. Okay? I'll take the train to see you. Or you can drive here. Jin? I...I love you. Okay? I don't want to ruin that." Namjoon responded.

Jin let out a sigh of relief.

"I love you so much." He whispered, kissing Namjoon softly.