Jin's story

Cafe latte

Jin tiredly walked through the doors of the cafe, eyes still heavy with sleep. He headed towards the bathroom to wash his face and change into his uniform before his shift started. He had an overnight job working freight and stocking shelves. He quickly splashed some water on his face, staring at his reflection in the mirror. He took a deep breath and headed out to the floor. Immedietly, he was rushed to different tables to start taking orders. The day was unusually busy, full of rude customers, too busy to even manage a thank you or smile. After a while, Jin's manager approached him, pulling him to the side.

"Jin, you have a second to talk?" He asked.

Jin nodded, following.

"Yes sir, what is it?" He asked, calmly.

"The closing person called out for the evening. Would you be able to cover?" He asked.

Jin paused, thinking. He had the night off from his overnight job that night, so why not? He nodded in agreement.

"Sure, we're only open til 9 anyway." 

His manager smiled, appreciatively.

"Thank you, Jin! I knew I could count on you." He said, happily.

Jin nodded, looking at his watch, after his manager had left. He still had a while til closing. He groaned silently but quickly gained composure. Hours passed, Namjoon had finished his classes and was on his way home. He looked towards the cafe and noticed Jin washing the windows. He blushed, smiling widely. He walked cautiously towards him.

"U-uh..h-hi-"

"Oh! Excuse me, I'm sorry." Jin said bowing and hurridly opening the door for Namjoon.

Namjoon froze.

"U-uhm...thank you. But I...I..." He trailed off, losing train of thought, due to staring at Jin's perfect complexion. 

Namjoon quickly darted his eyes to the ground, he could never bring himself to look directly in Jin's eyes. He blushed and scurried inside. Truth be told, he didn't even want coffee at that moment, he wanted to test himself and see if he could talk to Jin for once and maybe ask to hang out. But unfortunately, his plot failed. He screamed internally. 

"Maybe someday..." He muttered, saddly.

He paid for his drink and made his way back outside of the building, once again, greeted with Jin opening the door for him.  Jin smiled a sweet smile his direction, Namjoon shyly managed a smile back, bowing.

"Thank you." He stammered.

Jin stood, slightly shocked.

"O-oh..uh.. you're welcome." He responded.

Namjoon rushed off back towards his humble abode. He felt giddy the whole way home. Finally, it was the end of Jin's extremely long shift, he slowly flopped into his car, resting for a few minutes. Once he gained the strength to be awake enough, he drove home. Jin slowly made his way inside the home, only to be greeted with his mother standing in the kitchen, cutting up vegetables.

"Mom? What are you still doing up? Don't you work tomorrow?" He asked, checking his watch.

She nodded.

"You never responded to my message so I figured I'd stay awake until my son returned home." She answered, smiling.

He laughed.

"Aw mom, I'm sorry. It's been a long day. Get some sleep, I'll finish whatever you were doing and put it in the fridge." He said kissing her cheek and sending her to bed. 

She smiled and went on her way. Jin finished cutting the vegetables, placed them in the fridge, and started towards his room. He peaked in to his parents room, noticing his mother shivering, he quickly grabbed a blanket from his room and gently laid it over his mother. He looked his father's direction, laughing quietly, as his dad had taken all the blankets, rolling in his sleep. Jin slowly closed his door, falling onto his bed, falling asleep quickly.