Who are you? - Soyeon

Model High [ updating soon ]

I'm a week late.

As I walk towards my room for the first time, I got a good look at everyone and my surroundings. It's so amazing here.

When I reached my room I saw someone as I began to put my key into the doorknob. He stopped me in my tracks, no one has ever done that before. I couldn't help myself and wanted to know everything about him from that moment on.

He was walking with two other guys. They were all laughing and smiling but all I could see was him. No one else.

Right in the middle he walked. His walk was like......a.....a....how do I even explain? It was unique yet something totally normal. There was a charm even I couldn't explain just bouncing off of him.

Anyhow, I needed to know his name. I wanted to know it. I absolutely had to know it! I wanted to do anything and everything to get even three inches close to him and talk to him. Seeing him now, I don't know what else I wanted to do in this school anymore but get to know him.

Well, rudely as I was watching him in slow motion with the wind blowing in his hair. (I know, I'm over exaggerating, but you guys know the feeling right? No?........Oh........) a totally random guy pops up behind my shoulder.

"Whatchu looking at?" He said out of nowhere.

I freaked out so badly I screamed loudly and fell to the ground, almost cracking my skull...

I guess he didn't intend to scare me like that seeing as his reaction was a regretful one.

"Oh! I'm sorry! Are you okay?" He said loudly as he tried to help me back up.

I moved him off of me and got up by myself.

"I'm fine." I said in an irritated tone of voice as I dusted the dirt off of my behind.

"I didn't mean to scare you, I was just wondering what you were looking at so hard that you couldn't even unlock your own door." He explained.

I was still irritated.

"So what were you looking at?" He questioned me once again.

"I was just looking...." I began to say. However, I stopped because i realized, I had no idea who he was. He was a complete stranger to me. Why am I even talking to him as it is?

I looked at him strangely...."Who are you?" I asked him.

He stood up straight and his eyes got big. "Oh me?" He said.

I became even more irritated, as if I were talking to someone else....obviously not! I'm looking him straight in the eyes and no one was around. Of course you you big dummy!

"I'm Yoseob." He said with a big grin. He then stretched out his hand for a shake. I shook his hand with an awkward hi and introdued myself.

"Oh...I'm Soyeon." I said.

Usually I'm more of a cheerful kind of person and I am willing to talk to anyone with a smile on my face but he gave me the creeps and he ruined my moment with the slow motion guy, his first impression was bad, so now I can only see him as a retarded irritating person.

The silence became awkward.

"This is where you're rooming?" he asked pretty boldy.

I gave him a dirty look. "Why?"

Maybe he's some kind of ert, I thought to myself. Why are you so curious about me? You must be some kind of playboy. I hate them the most.

"No real reason. I was just wondering." He said as he pulled out a peice of gum and began to unwrap it. he put it in his mouth and started smacking really loudly.

How rude....

"Well I stay right across from this room. So if you ever need any help with anything, you can just knock on my door. I know everything." He told me.

He's right across from my room? Omgsh why? Now I probably have to see his face everyday! He's definitely some kind of creeper. I can tell.

I was suprised at what he said. I really didn't like the thought of having him across from me. I thought the girls would be separate from the boys. This is just nonsense.

"Oh....okay then." I said with a fake smile. "Well, I'm going to go inside now. It was nice to meet you Yoseob." Not really. "Bye for now." I said and waved goodbye.

Entering my room in a hurry to get away from that weirdo, I had actually completely forgotten about him in a second after seeing all of my uniforms and my bed and everything else in the room! I was more excited than ever once again. I can't believe that I get to come to a school where I learn all about the one thing I have always dreamed of! This is amazing and nothing else can change that!

Although it was late, I didn't feel tired at all. I wanted to explore around the school and see what things were in store for me. However, I know I wasn't allowed to do that because of all of the rules and what not. Since I came so late in the week and in the day, I wasn't able to make friends and become adjusted to my surroundings yet.

But no worries! I have more than enough time for that now that I'm here! 

I told myself to upack quickly and go to sleep, but I really couldn't. It was so hard because my mind was filled with everything but rest.

My roommate came in about a half an hour after later.

I was suprised to see her mainly because she didn't look like the model type. She wore funny looking glasses and her hair was thick and frizzy. Her face was pretty but she didn't seem enthusiastic about being here.

"Hi~" I shouted to her when she came in. "I'm Soyeon! Your new roommie~" 

She seemed awkward. "H-hi." She said back. "I'm Jessica. Nice to meet you."

"Jessica? That's such a cute name! It fits you perfectly...I think haha." I said.

"Yeah, I guess." She replied quietly.

I didn't really know much else to say but I wanted to make conversation any way I can.

"So, is this your first year here?" I asked her.

"Yes, is it yours?" She said.

"Mhm, I'm a freshman. I'm super excited to be here. I've heard some great things about this school." I said.

"You heard?" She asked in a suprising way. "I thought no one was supposed to talk about this place outside of school." She said.

"I know, but someone was having a conversation and I overheard it. I guess they didn't follow the rules. I haven't told anyone about it, but because of the fact that I overheard them speaking, I came here. They might say I was annoyingly bothering them to come here, but I'd like to think it was my drive and persaverance that got me here." I explained.

"Oh...." She said.

"You don't talk much hm?" I asked her ask I flopped on my bed.

"It's not that, I'm just not that great with people. I just...I don't know." Jessica said.

I looked at her for about a minute. I wondered why she seemed so shy, and I wondered why she was here at this school. However, I didn't want to ask straight out, she might get offended.

"Well, how old are you?" I ask her.

"I'm 18 years old." She replied.

"18?! I'm 16! That makes you my Unni!!" I said with joy. "I've always wanted an older sister. I'm an only child, so I don't really have anyone to look up to."

She looked at me kind of funny, like she didn't know how to respond. I just ignored it.

I looked over at the closet. "Wow~ Are these our uniforms?!" I shouted loudly as I ran over and grabbed one.

They were so cool looking. They were dated for specific days with different colors and everything. I was so excited to wear mine, I wanted to put it on right then and there!

"Um...I think it's time for bed. It's kind of late and we have to wake up early in the morning." Jessica said.

"Oh....okay." I responded with a look of disappointment. I didn't want to sleep yet, not like I would be able to anyways.

"You can eat breakfast with me tomorrow morning if you'd like." She said to me.

I was happy that she said that, "Yes! That'd be great!"

"Okay then. Well, I'm going to sleep. You should too." Jessica said as she laid back and covered herself with her blanket. "Goodnight~"

"Goodnight." I said as I walked over to my bed. I should have changed into some pajama's but at that moment I didn't feel like doing it.

I wanted to soak in my surroundings and not waste any time on changing into something comfortble. Ha, that's funny.

I laid back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I couldn't really sleep right away, but I did feel tired.

I was excited, excited for what was in store for me and my future. I couldn't wait until morning so I forced myself to sleep so deep, that not even the sound of a siren could wake me in the middle of the night.

The next morning I woke up before the alarm clock went off. Jessica was still asleep.

I wanted to look extra good today, being my first day and all, so I took the extra time so I wouldn't have to rush through anything and mess up.

My makeup, hair, uniform, skin, even my smell had to be perfect. I've practiced all of my facial expressions and movements for over a year now, just to make sure I always look elegant yet cute.

I've even practiced my different tone of voices. Nothing and no one could mess this day up.

By the time I was finished just with my makeup, Jessica had woken up already. She washed her face and brushed her teeth, put on her uniform and combed her hair....

I looked at her funny....

"That's it?" I said to her as I was putting one more coat of mascara on.

"What do you mean?" She said confused.

"I mean...aren't you going to put make up on, or at least do something else with you hair...accessories at least?" I questioned.

She looked down at herself, wondering what was wrong with what she did. "I'm fine, I don't need any of that stuff."

My mouth dropped....I just looked at her and turned my head. I couldn't believe my eyes or ears...she was definitely a Plain Jane.

I was just about finished with my hair, it was the last thing on my list, when I heard a knock at the door. Jessica had went into the bathroom again so I couldn't ask her if she was expecting anyone.

I opened it. Oh gawd.....it was Yoseob.

"What do youuu want?" I said.

"Hi." He said with an ugly grin and his hand in the air.

"Are you stalking me now?" I said rudely. This seriously put me in a bad mood.

"Uhh...no?" He said with a question.

"Then why are you here?" I asked.

He looked over my shoulder and into the room.

I closed the door enough so he couldn't see inside.

"Excuse you! How rude! You don't just go around looking in a girls room, !" I shouted.

"Oh! Yosoeb!" Jessica said behind me.

Yoseob smiled brightly....more like annoying-ly, and pushed the door open.

"Are you ready?" He asked her.

"Yes, I'm ready." She said. "Oh, I forgot to tell you, Soyeon will be eating with us today." 

He looked over at me with his big sparkling eyes and smiled. "Cool." 

I rolled my eyes and walked back into the bathroom

 We all went to the cafeteria soon after and got our food. After we sat down I was even more annoyed at Yoseob and the fact that he was sitting right across from me. I couldn't even swallow my food right.

"So where is your next class?" I said to Jessica as I turned towards her.

"Oh I have history next. We're learning about the Civil War at the moment." She replied.

"Oh....that's it? Sounds boring." I said as I turned back forward and took a bite of my salad.

"I'm going to Model Ettiqute next." Yoseob said loudly.

I just looked at him and continued to eat my food.

As I looked up, he was there again...walking right through the doors of the cafeteria...slow motion with wind in his hair. My mouth dropped even with the food in my mouth as he started walking towards me. Look at me....look at me....notice me. I kept thinking in my head. I didn't expect it to happen but.....

BANG~ My fork droped to the ground and I choked on my food as he looked at me and smiled. He stopped and bent down to grab my fork and reached up to me.

"Is this yours?" He asked with that heavinly smile on his face.

I couldn't answer. My eyes were as wide as a fruit fly and my mouth was as low as the floor. I started shaking. Sp much for elegant and cute. ><

"This is mine." Yoseob said as he snatched the fork out of his hand with a glare.

The guy just laughed and stood back up and walked away. Jessica nudged me and asked me if I was okay. I snapped out of it and turned around to watch him as he sat down.

"W-who is that?" I stuttered.

"Oh him? That's Myungsoo." Jessica replied.

"My-Myungsoo?" I said with another stutter.

"Yes he's like the most popular guy in school." She said.

"Ahemmm" Yoseob cleared his throat loudly and glared at Jessica.

"Well...most popular next to Yoseob." She resaid with a grin.

Just then, a girl, a beautiful girl sat right next to him at his table.

"And her?" I questioned.

"Don't mind her." Jessica said. "That's just Sooyoung, Myungsoo's girlfriend...or ex-girlfriend...." She shooked her head. "Actually I'm not sure what they are."

"G-girlfriend? Well he doesn't seem to be into her that much." I said as I watched him interact with the girl.

"Yeah...I don't know. It seems they have a long history though." Jessica said.

Yoseob waved his hands in our faces. "Hello~ I'm still here guys."

I just rolled my eyes and sighed. He placed my fork back on my plate. "Here." he said grinning. "You dropped this."

"I know." I said as I took the fork back off my plate and on to the table. "I'm not hungry anymore."

The bell rang. It was time for first period. We all got up and went our seperate ways.

My first class was Styling 101. I was excited to have a class that actually told me how to put outfits together! I sat in a random seat and took out my different colored pens and notebook. I was ready. Everyone started entering the class and sitting in their seats. The teacher was writing on the board.

I sighed and smiled and looked around to see what kind of people were in my class this period. I looked over at the door.

There he is.....Chills went down my spine. H-he's here....in my class....

He sat in the seat ahead and across from me. All I could do was stare. He leaned back and closed his eyes.

This.....was going to be an awesome year~