I meant it - Myungsoo

Model High [ updating soon ]

After watching Sooyoung pour her drink at Jessica, I was fuming. She ran out so quickly that I didn't see where she went. I ran after her, searching all over the school for her. I had no luck. But I didn't give up, I had to find her. I can't leave her alone after what happened. 

I searched up and down the hallways, in the classrooms, the cafeteria, I didn't know where her dorm was but I knocked on every door I could to try and reach her but no luck. There was one place left, the rooftop.

I ran up the stairs as fast as possible hoping I would find her. I reached the top and burst through the door, from corner to corner I looked but it was dead quiet. She's not here. I threw my head back and tried to catch my breath. Where did she go? I thought.

I slowly made my way back to door before I heard a soft cry coming from behind a wall and a bunch of pipes. I curiously leaned over to look but it was too dark to see anything. I thought maybe I was hearing wrong so I was about to leave until I heard it again.

"Jess?" I called out softly and walked over to follow the sound. And there she was, sitting on the cold concrete with her back against the wall, knees tucked into her arms securely. 

I sighed softly of relief and took my jacket off to put it around her. "Its cold." I said quietly as I sat next to her. She looked over at me, her eyes full of tears. 

I didn't know what to say, I'm not good at this kind of situation. Cheering someone up when they're down. I especially can't stand seeing a girl cry, but I never really know how to make them feel better.

I looked around awkwardly, afraid to say anything, for it may come out sounding stupid and making her feel worse.

She sniffled then spoke. "You know, that was my first dance..ever." 

I turned my head and looked at her, watching her movements. She just stared at her knees and laughed bitterly. "I thought, that maybe it was okay for me to go because I was curious. Soyeon told me to live outside the box and to explore more and socialize. I thought it was okay for me to try. But I was wrong..I was better off in my box, alone, enjoying myself. Because there no one judges me, no one sees through me, no one throws punch at me." She buried her face into her knees and mumble, "This entire night was a mistake." 

"Hey, who says that you were better off? Are you saying that talking to me was a mistake too?" I looked up and exhaled deeply. "Wow, I think my feelings are hurt." I joked, hoping it would lighten the mood.

She quickly lifted her head and looked up at me, rubbing her nose and sniffling softly. "N-no! No! I didn't mean that, I was ju-" 

"It was a joke." I smiled at her.

She stared at me blankly then looked away. "Oh..sorry. I'm not good with jokes."

"That's okay, I'm not good at telling them. So we're even." I smirked and leaned my head back against the wall.

She giggled softly. "Yeah I guess not."

It worked. I lifted my head again. "Hey! You're not supposed to agree with that!" I laughed.

"Sorry.." She laughed a little more and covered her face.

I watched her in amusement. "You know, you have a really nice laugh. You should do it more often. It's refreshing." 

That caused her to stop laughing almost instantly.

"O-oh..I don't think so..but thanks." She stuttered.

I reached over to her chin and turned her head to me. "I mean it." I said as I looked her in the eyes. "It's really nice, I like it, a lot. And I meant what I said back there, about me liking you. I didn't say that to make Sooyoung jealous or hurt, I said it because I meant it." I told her seriously.

She stared at me and suddenly her eyes were blinking everyone half a second. Then she pulled away and quickly changed the subject.

"Some night huh? Heh, At least the magic punched didn't get thrown at me." She chuckled. "But you! You got poured on too!" She started wiping my shoulders which where still damp from the drink attack, my shirt was stained red. "How do we get this out? I'm sorry that I caused all this, I shouldn't have talked to you. This is all my fault. I will pay for the dry cleaning..and any other damages.." She was talking quickly and nervously. It was so cute that I couldn't take it anymore.

I grasped her chin gently again and pulled her towards me as I leaned in and pressed my lips against hers. If I didn't kiss her at that moment, I think I would never have another one to do so.

So I did it without regret.

 

S/N: Short but sweet! Things are about to get juicy D: