School Assembly - Jessica

Model High [ updating soon ]

 

As I walked down the halls of model high, all I seen are photos of students in different ways. I realized that this school is not a joke, it's the real deal.
 
I try to find my way around the halls but it was quite a maze. I was supposed to be heading to the principals office to get the details on the school and how it works and everything but I just couldn't find it. It was empty and quiet. I think I was late or something because there was no one around.
 
As I had turned a corner, thinking I was going in the right direction, I ran into someone hard. My glasses flew right off my face and onto the ground.
 
Oh did I mention I wear glasses? Well I do. I'm not the most stand out girl you've ever seen. I have split ends, dark circles and horrible blemishes. And I can't forget to mention that I eat like a pig. That's why I kept thinking this whole model school was a scam. Why would they choose me to attend a place like this? I'm just ordinary, if that.
 
Anyways, I had walked around the corner and knocked into someone. Without my glasses on everything was really blurry. I fell down straight on my and was frantically searching for my dorky glasses. Just as I found them, I felt the warmth and softness of a hand touch mine.
 
Chills flew down my spine. It was unforgettable yet, indescribable. The hand that touched mine grabbed my glasses and left me confused. It was quiet and all I could do was sit there silently.
 
I wasn't sure if that person was still there or not so I nervously said "Um...Excuse me. Can I have my glasses back?"  There was no response. "Are you there?" I asked.
 
Still, nothing. I had gotten on my knees and began feeling for my glasses again and then I felt his legs. I quickly moved my hand away in embarrassment but I was so curious that I began to touch him again and feel his hands and face.
 
It was.................
 
No words can express the feelings going through my mind.
 
He grabbed my hand and I instantly froze. He put my hands down to my side and slowly put my glasses on my face. I had my eyes shut tightly and was afraid to open them.
 
He grabbed be by my shoulders and lifted me up. I was so stiff but then his voice caught my attention. "Are you okay?"
 
My eyes opened in an instant and I slowly looked up at him. I was speechless once again.   
 
He was the most beautiful person I had ever seen before. Tall and handsome.  His eyes were so big and beautiful, kind of like a frog, and his face was chiseled so finely. I can't explain the beauty I saw in him.
 
He must be highly popular, I thought.
 
He asked me again, "Are you okay?"
 
I really didn't hear him. Well I did but I couldn't comprehend a word said. His voice was so deep and smooth. He was like prince charming.
 
I had to snap out of it. "Um yeah I I'm okay. Are you okay? " I said to him.
 
"Yes I'm fine." He replied. "I apologize for knocking into you like that" he continued.
 
"No, no, it was my fault for not watching where I was going. I should have paid attention to where I was walking" I said to him quickly.
 
He gave me this look as if I were the only person in the world. Or maybe, that's just how he looks at people, but it made me feel like the only girl in the world.
 
I chuckled at him and he smiled back. "Well I kind of have to get going now. I'm late." He told me.
 
"Oh I'm sorry for holding you up. Thanks for helping me find my glasses." I said kind of loud, but that was only because he was starting to walk away.
 
"No problem. Bye." He said and he walked off just like that.
 
My whole day brightened up just by that one moment. I was really looking forward to being in this school now. I still didn't know where I was going. Stupid office making it so difficult to find. So I began wandering once again and I happened to see someone at a locker close by.
 
I figured I'd ask that person where it was since there was no one else to ask anyways. I had already regret asking prince charming if he could help me, but he did seem like he was in a hurry.
 
So I approached the person at their locker before they had left. When I came up to him, he didn't notice me.
 
So I said "Excuse me?" In a polite tone of voice.
 
He turned around so fast. It was like seeing a shooting star on a cold winter day.
 
However, he was beautiful. He gave me this weird look though, maybe I was bothering him.
 
"Yeah?" He said in an uncaring kind of voice, whiling look at his phone. How rude.
 
"Do you know where the principals office is?" I asked him.
 
He didn't answer. In fact he wasn't even paying attention. What a jerk I thought. I stood there basically talking to myself. He was so into his phone. Maybe I wasn't as interesting as whomever was on the other side of those text messages.
 
Whatever. I just walked away so I wouldn't have to feel anymore embarrassment.
 
But he stopped me. "Hey hey, I'm sorry. What did you say?"
 
"Nothing." I said as I shook my head. I started to walk away again but he grabbed me by the arm and I froze. He let go in embarrassment.
 
"Uhm....tell me what you said, please? " he asked as he scratched the back of head and cleared his throat, he must have been embarrassed with grabbing me the way that he did.
 
I decided to ask again since he looked sincere. "I had asked if you knew where the principals office was?"
 
It was quite uncomfortable just standing there with him.
 
"Oh, the principals office!" He said. " I can take you there."
 
"Oh no, that's fine. No need. If you can just tell me-" I began.
 
He interrupted me. "Nahh, it'll be too difficult to explain. I'm not doing anything anyways, I can just take you there."
 
I could tell saying no to him wasn't an option. So I agreed. As we began walking, there was an awkward silence. All you could hear was our footsteps echoing off the walls.
 
"So...." We both said at the same time. Which made it even more awkward but we cover it up with a laugh.
 
"You can go first." He said politely to me.
 
"No, you can go. I'm okay." I said back.
 
"Nope, ladies first." He insisted.
 
"Okay then, um, so....how does this school work?" I asked him. I was really curious at the type of school this was.
 
"Oh you know, the usual, wake up, eat breakfast, learn some stuff, eat lunch, learn some more, eat dinner, sleep and do it all over again." He joked.
 
I just gave him this blank look, like huh?
 
He looked at me noticing that I wasn't being humored by his jokes.
 
"Ah," He began as he scratched his head again in embarrassment. "Sorry, I was just kidding." He laughed. 
 
His smile was out of this world. 
 
"Here, we basically take any other subjects regular schools take. Math, science, history, blah blah blah. Since this is a school, we still have to graduate with the standards that a high school diploma would have. However, we have to learn our modeling points. I mean, that's why we're here aren't we?" He explained to me.
 
I shook my head in approval. Knowing that we're are taking regular classes puts my heart at ease at least. "So what are the modeling courses we have to take?" I asked.
 
"Mmm things like, style, which is basically learning how to coordinate clothes together to look nice. Colors, patterns, prints, etc. We have the walking course also." He said.
 
"Walking course?" I asked him, confused at what that meant.
 
"Well, in order to be a model, you have to know how to walk the runway. You can't just go walking around like you do on a normal basis. It has to look good, not saying that your walking isn't already good. But for girls, they have to know how to walk in heels and sell the product." He continued to explain.
 
"Ahh I see, I don't know how that's going to work out. I've never wore anything like that before." I told him with a worried look on my face.
 
"Well you see! That's what the course is for. Things like that. We have our dietary classes which show you good healthy foods to keep you in shape. We have courses on facial expressions, body movements. Basically, everything a model needs to learn. This school prepares us for the world out there. It's pretty tough, but if you're into it, you should have fun."
 
Him telling me all these things put a big hole in my heart. I was more nervous than before knowing all of these things we needed to do to become a model. I really underestimated all of those girls and guys out there, thinking that it was such a simple job. I guess I was wrong.
 
Talking to him like this though, it makes me feel at ease. Although I am nervous, I feel like this conversation puts stress aside for a little while.
 
"Well, where is everyone?" I asked him.
 
"Oh yeah, that's right. I'm supposed to be with getting ready. Their all in the auditorium for an assembly. You should probably be there too but seeing as you need to go to the Principals first, they're probably going to you there." He said.
 
"Assembly?" I asked in confusion.
 
"It's like our welcoming ceremony to a new year and to new students. They just talk about rules, and stuff. It's boring for me because I've had to hear it for four years now. Seniors are doing a quick little fashion show to get everyone in the spirit of modeling. I'm supposed to be getting ready, but oh well. I hate the first day of school." He explained to me.
 
"Well it can't be that bad. You seem like you know a lot about the school and everything." I said.
 
"No it's not that, it's just, I'm kind of a popular guy around here and I have to try to keep up with everything. Everyone wants to be my friend and the teachers treat me better than others. They all want me to join clubs and activities. It's a lot of pressure. I just want to have fun." He said.
 
"Oh....." I didn't really know what to say to that since I didn't know the guy. But it sounded like a lot of pressure.
 
After our thoughtful conversation, we had reached our destination. His phone kept ringing and making noises throughout our whole walk, but he kept ignoring them. Which had changed my view on him.
 
It rang again. Whoever it was, seemed to annoy him a lot because when he would look at it, he'd let out a big sigh and ignored it.
 
He looked back up at me a smiled. Boy did he have a nice smile. "Well, I'll let you off here, I've got to head out and get dressed." He told me while slowly walking backwards. "So long..."
 
And he turned around and walked around the corner and disappeared.
 
"Wait!...I didn't...." I began to shout loudly. "Get your name...." I then said quietly as I realized that he was gone and probably couldn't hear me.
 
I looked down disappointed that yet again I encountered a cute guy and didn't ask for his name. I tried to forget about it and hurried into the office. While I was there, I was given a uniform, my dorm information and a booklet on what looked like history of the school, rules, etc.
 
I didn't get to speak to the principal, since I guess she was getting ready for the assembly and wasn't in her office. Her secretary was the one who gave me everything. Then she escorted me to the auditorium just like that Beef Jerky guy had told me.
 
Don't ask, I couldn't think of anything else to call him. 
 
Walking into the auditorium was overwhelming. I felt so....new. The girls were all beautiful and so were the guys. They were all just gorgeous. I felt like an old dusty teddy bear left on the shelf without being noticed. I had absolutely no idea on how this was all going to work out.
 
I looked around for an empty seat. I had saw Prince Charming sitting towards the front to my left but there was someone already seated next to him so I went on to find another place. However, he looked quite bored and didn't seem talkative. I wonder why....
 
Looking around some more I spotted Beef Jerky guy again. There was an empty seat next to him, I was hesitant to go sit next to him but I thought maybe I could play it off. Like Oh, hey, didn't see you there. What a coinky dink! Nah, that sounds dorky.
 
I went over to the seat next to him and right before I had reached it, a girl sat down in it and looked back at me like a wild lion out in the jungle. She freaked me out. Luckily he didn't see my embarrassment and I quickly left.
 
Eventually I found a seat up towards the front again. Next to me there was a cute baby faced guy listening to music through his headphones. He was so adorable! I don't even know how adorable he was but it was by far the most adorable guy I've ever seen!
 
He looked up at me and I quickly turned my head. In fact, I turned my head so fast that I heard cracks in my neck. I could have killed myself! 
 
He took his headphone outs. "Hello, I'm Yoseob. Yang Yoseob." He said while holding his hand out for a shake.
 
I nodded my head slightly and shook his hand. They were so soft and warm. "Eh, Hi, I'm Jessica. Nice to meet you." I replied a little uncomfortably.
 
I wasn't really great at making friends or meeting new people. This guy seemed very cheery...if that's the word for it.
 
"Is this you're first year here?" He asked me with his big glistening eyes.
 
"Yeah, it is. Is it yours?" I asked him back quietly.
 
"No, it's my second year. It's a pretty cool school." He replied.
 
Yoseob seemed like a pretty down to earth guy. His smile was as wide as the Han River and his eyes were as shiny as the stars. I felt a little relieved just saying those couple of sentences to him. Knowing that there are nice people here makes me feel better.
 
The lights had suddenly went down in the theater and there was a spotlight on the stage in front of us.
 
A spotlight had also behind us a slow ballad song had came on. A girl came walking down the isle and walked up on stage. She walked on both sides of the stage and back to the middle. Then she just stood there. The music and the lights went off in an instant once again and everything was quite. Next thing you know, I felt my chair moving around. Yoseob quickly grabbed my hand. I didn't even pay attention to it because I was freaking out at what was going on.
 
Then BAM! The lights came back on and there was a runway in front of me. The must isle have risen up when the lights went off and our chairs had turned towards it. Weird....
 
An upbeat song came on and one by one people were walking down the runway in pretty clothes. I had seen the Lion girl first. She was very pretty. I wished she hadn't of looked at me when I was trying to sit down or I would have seen her as an even prettier girl.
 
The dress she had on looked like it cost more than my whole households wardrobe put together. After a few people had walked, the two guys, Beef Jerky and Prince Charming had started to walk down the runway together, side by side. Gosh they were more beautiful than I had seen them earlier that day. I felt like I was in heaven.
 
My mouth had dropped and my eyes had widen. Yoseob must have noticed since I heard him giggle and he took his hand under my jaw and closed my mouth. I didn't even care to notice. My eyes were on them.
 
I was hoping that one of them would at least notice me but neither did. They were so focused on looking forward that I was worried that they'd fall over or something. But they didn't. They kept their cool.
 
I don't even know why I had hoped they'd see me. I'm not someone that stands out of the crowd very well. 
 
They disappeared into the darkness and 5 minutes later they were out again. Beef Jerky was first. The students looked like the were wearing school uniforms this time. I was surprised to see him out there so quickly because they had literally just went in. They must have changed really fast and ran back around because I don't know how they did that.
 
Beef Jerky was wearing a dark blue uniform with a white outline. It was cute. The uniform the secretary lady gave me was different from the one he was wearing.
 
Prince Charming came out after him. His was white with a blue outline. I liked it a lot. It looked good on him.
 
Both were exploding with charisma. This put me in a bad spot, they were all so professional. I didn't think I could do anything like that. It was too much pressure. My confidence went down by a hundred.
 
When the runway show thingy was over the principal came out on stage and people were cheering wildly.
 
I had recognized the woman and realized that it was the same person who asked me to come here. Why did she ask me here? I wondered...
 
She talked about the school and the history and what to expect. She explained rules and everything. Apparently we're not allowed to leave the campus except for weekends. Even then we have to be back by 8 o'clock. We're not allowed to talk about the school to outsiders and we basically just have no lives outside of this school.
 
We have to be in bed by 10 pm and awake by 7 am. Breakfast is from 7 to 8 am and lunch is from 11-noon. Then dinner is at 6pm and we're not allowed to eat after that. I don't know how the heck I'm going to do that because I'm a big snacker. Hopefully I can sneak some kind of snacks in my dorm without anyone noticing.
 
Yosoeb seemed pretty bored with everything. He fell asleep halfway through. I was just wiped. I didn't want to be here anymore, but since I made my choice I guess I had to stick with it.
 
When everything was over we were let out to go around the school and do whatever. I had walked outside of the theater and began to find my way to the dorm. There were so many people here, I could barely see where I was going. 
 
"Hey! New girl! Jessica!" I heard someone shout. I turned around, it was Yoseob squeezing through a flock of girls.
 
"Where are you headed?" He asked when he reached me.
 
"I'm trying to find my dorm room." I told him.
 
He grabbed the paper out of my hand with the room number on it. He looked at it and smiled. Then he gave me this creepy look.
 
"You're right across from me. I can take you. Follow me!" He said and began walking through the crowd of people.
 
I was a little confused but began following him. About 5 seconds later I had lost him. I looked around in circles. I started feeling dizzy. I began to wonder if I was claustrophobic because I started hyperventilating and it felt like everyone was getting closer and closer to me.
 
I began to faint but was caught by someone who looked like Beef Jerky. I wiped by eyes and came back to my senses. It was Beef Jerky who had caught me. Goodness, I get so speechless every time I looked at him. 
 
I didn't realize what the situation was until he smiled at me and I saw his arm around me. I got up quickly and pushed him off of me. He pointed at me...
 
"Ah it's the lost girl!" He said in excitement. "Are you okay?" He asked as he got realllyyy close to me. He was in my space bubble. He wiped off my shoulders, stood up straight and put both of his hands in his pocket.
 
I lifted up my glasses with my index finger and looked at him.
 
"I'm fine, thank you." I said in embarrassment. 
 
"That's good, I thought I had lost you there for a second." He said to me looking at me up and down with this smirky look on his face. It was weird.
 
He then bit his lip. I almost fainted again at the site of it.
 
"Where you going?" He asked me.
 
"T-to my dorms." I stuttered. I couldn't get that lip bite out of my head.
 
"Do you want me to take-" He began but was rudely interrupted.
 
That lion girl appeared.
 
"Myungsoo! I've been looking for you everywhere." She said, looking like she was annoyed.
 
He just stood there, his eyes rolled and I almost laughed. 
 
She looked at me again with that predator type of look in her eyes. 
 
"Who is this?" She asked him.
 
"A friend." He replied annoyed.
 
She had this look of disbelief on her face. "Oh....well what's her name?"
 
"Her name?" He asked as he looked at me. He never did ask my name but I guess I was the same since I didn't get a chance to ask his.
 
I decided to be the bigger person and introduce myself, since neither one of them knew my name.
 
"I'm Jessica." I said as I let my hand out for a shake.
 
But she just looked at my hand as if it were the dirtiest thing she had ever seen.
 
Out of embarrassment once again, I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I should keep my hand there until she shook it or put it down and try to play it off. But before I came up with a decision, Yoseob came to the rescue. He had grabbed my hand tightly and looked at me.
 
"Where did you go? I was looking all over for you." He said with a worried look in his eyes.
 
"I-I-...." I kept stuttering and couldn't get my sentence out.
 
"Lets go." He said and he began to pull me away.
 
I snatched a look at Beef Jerky right before I was pulled into the crowd and he was watching me, ignoring the Lion girl.
 
We finally made it out of that crowded room and ended up in front of my dorm. He was still holding my hand. We both let go and looked around as if nothing happened.
 
"Well this is where you'll be staying," He said with a bright smile. "My room is right here." He said as he walked over to his door.
 
"If you ever need me. Now you know where to find me. Okay?" He said.
 
I just looked at him. "Okay..." 
 
"See ya later Jess." He said and waved goodbye.
 
He called me Jess....what is that? A Nickname or something? It was weird. I've never had a nickname. I didn't know how to respond.
 
I walked into my dorm and it was quiet. A big change from being out there. It was a nice modern room. Very clean. There was two of everything. Beds, laptops, dressers, closets, etc. It was different from home. It didn't feel the same.
 
I sat down on my bed and seen five different colored uniforms on my bed. Black, White, Purple, Navy Blue, and Gray. They were marked with the days of the week. I grabbed one of  them and looked at it closely.
 
I then looked around the room and just knew, from here on out. My life was about to change.....
 
 
--So what do you guys think of this chapter? Good? Bad? Exciting? Jessica's first day at school is pretty stressful. She hasn't even gotten to the actual work yet! It's a pretty high class school don't you think? I don't know if i'd ever want to go there. I mean I would with all the hot guys walking around. Hehe. Well I hope you like this chapter. More coming soon! So stay tuned!! --
 
Sorry if there are errors. It's hard for me to catch.