My First Holiday.. - Jessica

Model High [ updating soon ]

It was my first holiday spent here at Model High. I couldn't go home for Christmas, my parents said that the plane ticket would be too expensive and that I should use this opportunity to see how things are done in a different country. Little do they still know that I'm not in Ireland.

It felt lonely though...

I'm used to being with my family and decorating the Christmas tree, making cookies and having a big feast and of course opening gifts. But not this year, this year I was alone. At least that's what I thought.

It was the first day of the break, not yet Christmas, but the school felt so empty. There wasn't a sound to be heard and my footsteps echoed loudly. I was sitting in my room quietly when I felt I couldn't anymore. So I went out and wandered the halls. It felt a bit nice though, not having a crowd fumbling over me for once.

After a while I somehow ended up in the cafeteria. It was the smell. I smelled something really good but I knew no one else would be here so I thought I was going crazy for a moment. I followed the scent towards the kitchen, it got stronger.Then I heard something...

"Hello?" I called out, but there was either no answer or I just couldn't hear well. I walked closer, "Hello, anyone there?" I shouted. Still no answer...

So I walked to the entrance of the kitchen, "Hello.." I walked inside slowly looking around and turned the corner, I froze...

It was him, Prince Charming, my heart skipped multiple beats and I had butterflies fluttering all around my stomach. I couldn't move or say anything, at one point I even forgot to breathe.

He was staring at me, straight at me, with his big brown eyes. I still stood there frozen, trying to think of something to say, the situation was so awkward and somewhat embarrassing since I couldn't move an inch. "y-yes?" he hesitated to answer. "Can I help you with something?"

'n-no.." I stuttered. "I was..just.." I started fiddling with my fingers nervously. "I was just wondering around and smelled..the food..from the kitchen and I followed." I looked down in embarrassment, thinking to myself I hope he doesn't think I'm some greedy beggar.

"Oh.." He stared into his bowl of food he had in his hands and looked back at me. "Are you hungry?" He asked. "N-no, I'm fine." I answered. Just then, my stomach starting groaning loudly, I swear it echoed and bounced of the walls and if this were an auditorium it'd feel like my stomach was giving a speech 'I'm hungry, feed me!' He giggled slightly and set down his bowl of food, went over to a cupboard and pulled out another bowl then filled it to the top. He then turned to me and held it out. "Eat, I insist." I looked over my shoulder in embarrassment and made a face then turned back around to him smiling awkwardly. "Well..if you insist, I guess so."

He led me to a table in the cafeteria and set my bowl across from his, then slid a spoon over to me and motioned for me to sit down. Quietly, he sat down and began to eat, without a word. The silence was awkward, I'm used to talking and chatting with my mouth full when eating with others, but he was different, but not in a bad way; it was refreshing. He didn't look up not once, he just sat there and slurped at his food in a slow and fast motion. One moment he'd take a bite slowly and the next he'd quickly make his way to another. I tried not to make it obvious that I was looking at him. I'd feel embarrassed if I ate like I usually do so I was taking small amounts into my mouth trying my hardest not to make any obnoxious slurping noises, at the same time I would glance up at him a few more times and watch him closely. 

I continued to eat slowly and carefully when I had looked up at him again quickly, but this time when I did, he was looking right back up at me. I blinked and lowered my head again swiftly and started eating faster in embarrassment, then I choked. I swallowed my soup wrong causing it to go down the wrong pipe in my lungs. I dropped my spoon and started hitting my chest trying to get the food that was stuck out and into the right tube. "Are you okay?" He asked in a worried tone. I couldn't answer, all I could do was cough and fling my hand in the air trying to motion to him that I was fine and to please not pay attention to me, please. He didn't get the memo because he came around to me quickly and starting patting on my back firmly then gave me a glass of water. I took the water quickly and it down as if I had just came straight out of the desert after a week of survival.

I felt better though, I coughed less and less and I cleared my throat until I was better. I breathed deeply with my eyes shut tight. "Are you okay now?" He asked as he was still patting on my back, this time more gently. I nodded, "y-yes, I'm okay." I covered my face in embarrassment, "T-thank you." He went from patting my back to rubbing it gently which made me blush a bright red, I didn't want him to see so I turned back forward. "Slow down when you eat please, you don't want to end up choking again." He said worriedly, he gave my back one more rub before getting up and going back to his seat. I looked down enough so he couldn't see my face and nodded once again. "Okay.." I turned to the side and drank my water more trying to distract myself, hoping that this terror would end. I turned to him a little still drinking wondering if he was still looking at me, he was. I turned away shyly and the rest down until there was not a drop left.

I chewed on my lower lip thinking of a way to get out of here and then it hit me. "u-um, I ran out." I showed him my empty cup not giving him eye contact and stood up. "I'm going to get more water." He looked up at me and nodded. I scurried off quickly into the kitchen and dramatically dropped myself to the ground in front of the skin. "Whhhyyy Whyyyyyy???" I spoke aloud to myself. "Damnit!" I started yanking and pulling at my hair and rolling back and forth, punishing myself for causing such an embarrassing scene. I came to a halt when I heard footsteps into the kitchen, my eyes widened and I had no clue how to get up, so I crawled over behind the counter hoping he'd leave quickly. I saw his shoes turn the corner walking slowly to the sink and I covered my mouth quickly trying not to make a noise. He stood there for a moment after setting the dishes down and I shut my eyes. I heard the footsteps starting to disappear out of the kitchen as I opened my eyes slowly and searched for his feet, they weren't in site.

I crawled over to the other side of the kitchen trying to find a way out until I knocked my head into something hard and my glasses fell off. "Ugh, not again..." I said and I started searching around for my glasses, feeling the dirty floor with my hands. "Where are you?" I questioned softly out loud again until my hand landed on my glasses, only to also be attached to another persons hand. The hair on the back of my neck stood straight and my stomach got tight. I've felt this hand before, It was warm and soft just like last time. I moved my hand away quickly and blushed as I sat back quietly. The hand that I had just touched brunched against my temples and behind my ears. I opened my eyes slowly noticing that my glasses were on. I blinked and hesitantly looked up, instantly pulled into his deep brown eyes. 

He looked back at me. "Have we met before?" He asked softly. I couldn't speak, I was stuck there speechless once again, not moving, as if I was paralyzed and had my tongue taken away. "We have haven't we?" He questioned. I gulped and nodded slowly, not taking my eyes off of his, he offered his hand out to me and I blinked looking down at it. "Here.." He reached his hand out a little more. "Let me help you up." I took his hand slowly and started to stand as he pulled me with little force. As I almost got all the way up I looked up at him, then my knees gave out. I fell forward causing him to fall back and my glasses to once again fly off, me landing on top of him in which our lips almost touched, centimeters apart. My eyes widened in shock and so did his, we both blankly stared back at each other, stuck like statues. My heart was racing fast and hard like a drum.

I blinked slowly before getting a good look into his eyes, I saw something in him, his eyes were sad and lonely. I started to tear up, staring deeper into them, trying to figure him out...all I felt was sadness. My eyes watered more and he laid there quietly staring back at me. This was the firsts time since I could ever remember, seeing clearly without the help of lenses. I slowly brought my hand to his face, barely touching, I caressed his cheek gently. "W-what's wrong?" He stuttered to ask. I said nothing, I was silent. My eyes widened again causing me to jump up quickly and wipe my face. I blushed hard and scratched my head. "S-sorry." I said to him and ran out of the room embarrassed and ashamed of myself. I ran quickly until I reached the rooftop and sat on a bench, breathing deeply, panting.

I covered my chest with my right hand and held it tightly over my heart, trying to catch my breath. I don't know what has gotten into me, I don't know what I was thinking. I don't know...I...don't know..

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update, I've been busy, lazy and tired. Getting ready for my move to Korea! So I'm struggling. Excuse any typos that have been made, I'm a horrible writer :/