Why do you like her? - Minho

Model High [ updating soon ]

I walked down the hallway slowly, smiling on the inside. I felt good today. 

Jessica, she's not like the other girls in this school.  It makes me worried though, her being different means she'll stand out like me. I don't want that. I feel the need to protect her now. The fact that she is so understanding, especially about what happened means that she is too nice. It also means she's a fragile girl who will take in anything and all at once she will explode...like I did. 

I can't let that happen. So I had to take the first step and get closer to her. And she's the first person to make me smile in, I don't even know how long. It felt good.

I walked back to my dorm and inside was Yoseob, with his headphones in listening to his loud music and reading his comics as usual. I think he's too much for me so I steer clear from him or at least I try to. But he's not a bad guy.

I lay down on my bed and grab my book, it's a psychology book on anger and depression. It's the only kind books I read. It helps me, it's helped me. I feel better after reading these kinds of books. It helps me understand the human feelings more and my own.

I glance over when I see Yoseob get up and do a little spin, he walks out of the room. I have no idea where he's going and I don't care either.

My other roommate comes out of the shower, Myungsoo. I don't like him. There is something fishy about him and after seeing him confess his feelings to Jessica tonight in front of the whole school it makes me wonder what his ulterior motive is really. It makes no sense to me. But I will try to ignore it.

He walks over to his desk and starts rubbing lotion all over his arms.

He looks over at me, "How was your break?" 

I ignore him and go back to reading my book.

"Okay, great talk man." He says in a sarcastic tone and continues primping his body.

After he finishes he climbs into his bed and lays back quietly, staring up at the ceiling. 

My mind is fuming with this whole Jessica thing and I'm trying to calm myself just a little. I shut my book and turn to face him.

"Why do you like Jessica?" I ask boldly.

"Hm? What?" He says as he sits up.

"Why do you like Jessica?" I repeat, this time a little more irritated.

He shrugged his shoulders and looked over at me. "I don't know, I just do." 

Wrong answer. 

"Why do you wanna know?" He looked over at me with a smirk. "You got a thing for her too?" 

I shook my head and turned away. "No reason." I pulled my blanket over my head and closed my eyes.

Nothing was said the rest of the night.

I woke up the next morning and sat on the edge of my bed for a moment, rubbing my swollen face. I could feel that it was swollen and I bed it was from eating those snacks Jessica gave me last night. I wasn't bothered with it though. 

I got up to go wash my face and Yoseob was in his bed again, his blanket was on the floor somehow and he lied on his stomach, one of his legs hanging off the side of his bed, his pillow filled with drool since his mouth was wide opened and he was snoring like an animal, the weirdest part is that he was already dressed for class. 

I shook my head and looked over to the other side, no sign of Myungsoo. I wonder where he went so early.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth, got dressed and grabbed my back pack as I headed out the door. Yoseob was still sleeping. He's going to be late again. Nothing new.

The halls were filled with students ready to begin their learning again. I don't really consider it learning though, this school was ridiculous. 

I went to the cafeteria to put something in my stomach before I went to my first class. I looked around hoping I would see Jessica but there was no sign of her yet. I grabbed a tray and grabbed some cereal and orange juice. I looked over to my right and to my left, watching the females in my school starve themselves to death with their empty trays.

I don't understand why they don't eat. To me it's lazy, if you eat and you feel like it's too much and you're gaining weight than exercise. But none of them wanted that, they would rather starve than do something other than walk a runway. I shook my head and found a seat towards the back as usual.

I pulled out my book and began to read and eat slowly. 

Suddenly I hear the students get louder, there's a uproar and it's annoying because it's interrupting my breakfast. 

I look over to see what all the fuss is about and I don't see anything since everyone is in the way. I slammed my book down and walked over to get a closer look. Still nothing. 

Just as I was about to go sit down I spotted it from the corner of my eye. I looked back and watched as Jessica walked into the cafeteria, only she's not alone. Myungsoo is next to her, holding on to her hand.

 

S/N: I'm back to being busy again :( School, work, having time for family and my boyfriend. It's all hard! But I wrote another two chapters since I got up extra early today in the worst mood possible. Thankfully writing made me feel better. Will post the next chapter in a few days~ It's so damn hot here in Korea!! likes 80 something degrees everyday! Hope the weather is nice where you guys are~ ^^