It's Over - Jessica

Model High [ updating soon ]

After what seemed like hours of letting Soyeon experiment on me like a doll everything was finally finished. We went to different school facilities that were available; hair salon, nail salon, makeup, practically every place. However, during the time I was getting pulled around, she didn't allow me to look into a mirror not once. It really irritated me and caused a lot of anxiety because I mean, who wouldn't feel that way when letting someone change your image completely? I was afraid of what I may turned out to look like. The thing was, I wasn't afraid of things turning out badly, but turning out to be too good. If that makes sense.

We had finally made it back to our dorm and I was feeling more nervous than before. She made me wear a big hoodie on top of everything so no one else could see me. 

She handed me a short black and white dress. "Here, put this on." 

I held it in the air and was dumbfounded at how short it was. "I-I can't wear this, it's too short!" 

"You have to! It's not even that short! Please unni." She gave me those puppy eyes again and I rolled my own and sighed. "Fine, I'll go change in the bathroom." I said as I started making my way towards the bathroom door.

She quickly grabbed my arm. "No! You can't! You have to get dressed right here!" 

"Why?!" I shouted. 

"There's a mirror in there! And you can't look yet! Get dressed right here." She pointed her finger down in front of her motioning me not to go anywhere.

"B-but.." I stuttered. Truth is I was self conscious about my body, I didn't like undressing even in front of my mom. 

"But nothing!" She cut me off, "I won't look, just get dressed! Quickly! We're already late!"

I pouted a little and slowly took my clothes off. I kept an eye on her making sure she didn't look, which she didn't. I then turned around, trying to zip up the dress with no luck. 

"Could you help me out?" I politely asked her. She walked over to me and zipped me up quickly then took a step back. "Now let me see." She smiled.

I took a deep breath and turned around slowly, holding my hands out awkwardly. "Well..?" I raised my eyebrows and looked at her. Her face was emotionless.

"Its bad isn't it? I look stupid don't I?" I sighed and started panicking. "I knew I shouldn't have agreed to this, I'm just gonna-" 

"NO!" She interrupted again, she cuts me off a lot now that I think about it. "Unni...you look...you look...amazing!" She jumped up excitedly. "You are gorgeous! I can't believe how incredibly beautiful you are!"

She grabbed my hand and pulled me in front of the mirror. I stared in it and my mouth dropped slightly. Was that really me? Am I looking at the same person? My hair was long and wavy, my eyes, big and bright, my lips pinker than ever. I couldn't believe it. It's exactly what I was afraid of, I can't recognized myself, but..it wasn't so bad, I guess.

I stared at myself for a good five minutes before Soyeon grabbed my hand again. "Okay lets go!"

Before I could say anything she yanked me out of the room and we made our way to the auditorium. My stomach was in knots, I felt nauseous and dizzy. I couldn't do this. I felt as if I was going to faint again. 

I stopped her before she opened the doors. "WAIT!" I started breathing heavily. "I can't do this, this doesn't feel right." I said as I grabbed onto my stomach.

"What's wrong? Jessica! Don't be like this! After all of that hard work! Don't back out now!" She whined to me as she held my hand tightly.

I shook my head and yanked away. "I can't, I just can't!" I turned around and was about to start making my way back to the dorm but then appeared Prince Charming. He was walking down the hallway by himself dressed in a slick black fitted suit that hugged his body in all the right ways. What is he doing here? Why is he coming this way now? I thought to myself. I didn't have any way out of this and after what happened over the break, I was too embarrassed to let him see me again, especially like this.

My heart stopped and I quickly turned around grabbing onto Soyeon's arm. "But then again I can't put all your hard work to waste can I?" I laughed awkwardly. "Lets go!" I opened the door as fast as I could and tugged us into the auditorium, she didn't say a word, she just had this clown like grin on her face and squealed with excitement. 

The whole school was inside, dancing and laughing, mingling with each other, they all seemed right where they were supposed to be, while I felt so out of place. 

Soyeon was smiling like a five year old still and was waving at all of her friends. Then just like that, she disappeared. I was alone, in the most awkward place I have ever been. How rude though, she know's I'm anti-social and how hard it was for me to work up some kind of confidence to come here tonight. How could she leave me like that? I didn't know what to do, where to stand, sit or anything. How do these things work? I don't get it. Actually I don't get the point at all.

I walked over to the punch table to get myself something to drink. That was the only thing I could think of that was normal to do at the moment, at least that's what I've seen in movies. You can't go wrong with punch. I went in for the ladle when someone else did at the same time. 

"Oh sor-" He said as he looked down at me. It was Myungsoo. Crap.

He turned his head to the side like a cute puppy and I tried to hide my face. He squinted and leaned in closer, I didn't  noticed until I peeked up at him hoping he was doing the exact opposite. His eyes widened a little and he leaned back and pointed at me. 

"Lost girl?" He said in a questionable tone. 

Crap Crap. I turned around to him and laughed awkwardly. "Y-yeah..surprise~" I said like a idiot. Surprise? What was it a birthday party? Who says surprise? And why would he be surprised to see me?

He laughed and then smiled at me while shaking his head slightly. "Wow, you look beautiful..really amazing.."

My awkward smile went away in the speed of light and I almost choked on air. "Excuse me..?"

He looked at me seriously for a moment. "W-what? Did I say something wrong?"

I shook my head and looked down as I blushed slightly. "No..just, I..I don't know."

"Hey..now that I think about it, we never got to officially meet." He held out his hand to me. "I'm Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo, Senior." 

I stared at his hand and hesitated to grab it, for a moment I wasn't but I don't like to be rude. I grabbed his hand gently, the warmth that came from it made me tingly inside. "Jung Sooyeon..but everyone calls me Jessica."

He nodded and smiled. "Jessica...I like that. It's nice to officially meet you Jessica. I hope that we can become good friends." 

Good friends? What friends? Me?  I looked up at him and nodded, "Sure." 

We held hands for longer than the average handshake should be held. But it didn't feel weird. I've never really held a guys hand before. 

Finally he let go and grabbed a cup then took the ladle from the first punch bowl moving it to the second instead. "Well Jessica.." He said as he poured the punch into the cup and leaned over as he held it out to me. "You should be more careful in choosing your drinks, the left one is always spiked.

I took the cup from him and tilted my head in confusion. "Spiked? What's that?" 

He chuckled. "You don't know?" He leaned in closer to my ear and held his hand up to it secretively. "It's a secret kind of ingredient that makes you do magical things." 

I blinked. "Magical things? Like what?" I was really confused.

He laughed in a cute way and wrapped his arm around me, I felt my cheeks warming up instantly and held my cup tightly. "Well you know, the usual, changing colors, making the room spin, seeing things come out of you that you didn't think you'd ever see again. Those kinds of things."

"Hmm..sounds, it doesn't sound like much fun honestly." I said thinking deeply and staring out into space.

He laughed again and nodded as he grabbed himself a drink and leaned against the table. "Yeah it's not really. So you should make sure not to ever drink the magical punch. Just stick to the regular one. You'll thank me later." He said as he sipped from his cup. 

I nodded in agreement and also took a sip from my cup as I stared into the magical bowl. I was still fixated on it and curious about what made it so magical. Maybe I'm just really stupid or something. I know nothing. There was a silence between us that I didn't notice. But when I looked up he was staring at me with a small grin on his face. I jumped a little since it was unexpected and I turned away.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I peeked around it, his face was close to mine. "You okay?" He said, still smiling. God his smile was so cute. There was something about him that gave off a feel of compassion and humbleness. Which is weird because he looks and seems like your typical pretty boy that you see in the movies, you know the one that everyone loves but also hates. I thought he was like that because of our first meeting, but he wasn't like that at all. I liked that.

I shook my head and turned back to him. "No.." I said.

"No?" He repeated in a confused tone. 

"I-I mean yes! Yes! I'm okay. Yes I'm okay, not no I'm not okay, nothing is wrong, What could be wrong? I'm completely fine. Everything is okay." Crap Crap Crap. Shut up! You sound like an idiot! 

He cracked a laugh and nodded as he put up his hand making an okay sign with his fingers. "So everything is okay? Yeah?" 

"I smiled a little and nodded. "Yes, everything is okay. Sorry." 

"Hey Jessica." He said as he set his cup down. 

"Yeah?" I said in curiosity as I watched.

"Do...you wanna dance?" He asked me politely as he held his hand out.

Oh god, he said the D word. I hated the D word. "D-dance? Me? N-no, I can't I-"

Just then, I was shoved into the table and a sharp pain filled my left hip as I tried to hold myself up.

"Jessica!" Myungsoo shouted as he grabbed onto me. "Are you okay?" 

I bit my lip in pain and nodded. 

"Jessica? Hah Jessica? Really? Are you actually showing care towards her!?" I heard as snobby tone of voice say.

I should've known, Sooyoung. I had forgotten all about her. Big mistake. That was the reason I stayed away from Myungsoo, I remember now. 

"Yeah I am, is that a problem? Why'd you do that? She hasn't done anything wrong to you!" Myungsoo said angrily as he faced Sooyoung.

"She hasn't? She exists. That's what she did wrong. And she's standing here in front of you smiling and blushing like a circus clown. Isn't that all the wrong you can do to me? No one likes her, why is she even attending this school? She looks like a rag doll that just rolled up from the dirt. She doesn't even belong here. Ugh it doesn't matter, Myungsoo lets go!" She said as she grabbed onto his hand, tugging it.

At that point, practically the entire school was watching this situation. It was embarrassing and I was a little afraid actually. I took a good look around and saw everyone staring at us intently. My eyes stopped at Prince Charming, he was staring right at me, I looked away quickly hoping he wouldn't recognize me. Luckily he doesn't know my name. Darn this is so embarrassing, please someone help me out of this. 

Myungsoo pulled his hand away from her. "No!" He said firmly. "Sooyoung how long are you going to be like this? There is no 'us' We ended a long time ago, you know that. Stop going around making yourself feel better by making others feel bad about themselves and stop hanging onto me. Things are different now. I'm not the same person I was last year, so let it go and grow up!" 

Everyone was quiet, even I. Because no one had ever talked to Sooyoung like that before and out of all the people to do it, it was him, which was more shocking. 

"What are you saying Myungsoo?" She said as she scrunched her face up slightly, trying to comprehend the situation.

"We're over Sooyoung, I dont love you anymore. You knew that from a long time ago. So please, stop." He said lowering his voice.

She crossed her arms and let out a haughty laugh and looked at me. "Don't tell me you like that..because that's not even worth it." 

He looked down and shut his eyes for a moment, then looked back at her and sighed. "You're right. He said softly. Then he turned I like her."

Everyone gasped loudly and even I was in shock. I honestly thought I heard wrong so I kind of just continued to stare off into space, wondering what exactly was happening. But then he grabbed my hand.

"What?!" She said as she stomped her foot down firmly.

"I like her Sooyoung, everything about her, since the moment she walked up to me at my locker asking me for help." He said confidently. "Sooyoung we aren't anything anymore. It's over, it's been over. So from now on leave me be, I mean it."

Her eyes began to boil as she looked over at me then back at him. Then she poured her drink on top of Myungsoo's head. He took it though, without moving and inch. I stared at him with my jaw to the floor. Did she really just do that? I thought. How rude! However, she wasn't done.

She glared at me then snatched a drink from one of her minions and threw it right at me. I was soaking wet and I had never been so humilated in my entire life. This just reminded me of why I didn't want to be here and why I knew this would turn out to be so wrong. I was stupid for thinking that this night may actually go well, to even think that I could try and blend in with everyone else.

I teared up in embarrassment and bit my lip then ran out quickly as I could. My pride was hurt. What a mistake. 

 

S/N I don't know why but suddenly I feel so excited writing this. Its like out of nowhere there is so much in my head and it's about to explode! I'm writing like a maniac. I hope I can keep this up.