A Small Change - Jessica

Model High [ updating soon ]

After the holiday ended, things went back to normal, except after that incident with Prince Charming I can't seem to concentrate at all; I also lost my glasses. I forgot to bring my back up pair so I had to make a trip to the eye doctor, which didn't go well because they said it would take a few weeks before they could prepare another pair of glasses for me because of some manufacturing problem or whatever, so instead I got fitted for contact lenses. 

I hated them. They made my eyes all irritated and itchy and it was so hard to put them in and take them out. I haven't been without glasses practically all my life, so looking at myself in the mirror was interesting and new, I'm not sure if I liked it. However, I do know it was just something that I wasn't used to.

The school slowly became crowded again on the last day of the break. Cliques started forming again and everyone was showing off what they got from their rich parents. I just stayed in my room, I knew I would get a headache from all the ruckus that would go on for the rest of the day and I just wanted peace and quiet. 

Soyeon entered the room full of the same energy she left with, if not more. She jumped onto my bed and smothered me with loud squeaks and squeals.

"Unni! I missed you! How was your holiday? How was your Christmas? Did anything exciting happened? Tell me everything!" She spurted out loudly.

I smiled, because I was actually kind of excited to see her. "It was okay, nothing interesting, same old same old." I said as I got up and turned to her.

She gasped. "Oh my god! Your face!"

I blinked with a puzzled look, "My face? what's wrong? Is there something on it?" I said as I started feeling all over my face and heading to the mirror.

"There is nothing! That's the point! Nothing is there! Where are your glasses?!" She said.

Oh right, my glasses. I forgot about that already. "um, I broke them by accident, so I am wearing contacts until my new ones are ready." 

"No!" She yelled out. "Forget about those! Never wear glasses again! Jessica, do you know how pretty you are?" She said to me as she walked up behind me as I was standing in front of the mirror.

"Your eyes are really pretty, why haven't you tried contacts before?" She asked me curiously.

I shook my head because I really don't know why I didn't ever think of contacts before. I guess, it just never crossed my mind. "I don't know, I never thought about it before."

"Well now you don't need to! You are really pretty!" She said to me as she played in my hair. "Actually, I've never seen you wear your hair back before either." 

She started experimenting with my hair and pulling it back in different directions. I just stood there confused at what exactly she was doing. The only thing I ever do with my hair is brush it. Maybe on a special occasion I'll wear a headband, but to me it was never important.

"Oh my god! I have the best idea!" She shouted as she clasped her hands together. "Tonight we're having a big welcome back slash Christmas party in the auditorium with all the students." 

"Yeah..and?" I turned around with a not so amused look on my face.

"You should let me give you a makeover!" She grinned widely.

I instantly shook my head no and walked back over to my bed. "No, no and no." I said as I laid back and grabbed my book quickly to look busy. 

"Aww come on unni please! Just this once!" She pleaded as she followed and sat on the edge of my mattress. "What's the worse that can happen? Just let me do it just this once!"

I shook my head no again and turned away slightly. "No Soyeon, I'm not even going to that thing, I'm busy. I have to catch up on all my reading and homework. I can't." That was a lie, in fact, I was ahead in my studies because I had so much time on my hands.

Soyeon began to whine. "Jessicaaaa, come on! You never want to do anything fun! All you do is sit in this room and read all day! What's exciting about that!" 

I looked over at her and blinked a few times. "But I am having fun. This is fun to me." 

She frowned and snatched the book from my hands, and started waving it in the air. "Hellooo~ Earth to Jessica~ This is not fun! This is boring..this is the definition of boring. You're at a top secret modeling school and all you do is read?" She set the book down and balled up her fist and knocked it against my head a few times. "Knock knock~ Is anyone in there? Unni..you need to live outside of the box. You're never going to understand the outside world or accomplish anything if you just sit here and exclude yourself from everyone and everything. Do something exciting for once! And that doesn't mean reading a book!"

She tried hard to convince me and I have to admit, she did make a lot of sense. I have honestly always wondered what goes on at these kinds of events and reading really isnt that fun after a while, also I needed to get my mind off of Prince Charming for a little while. So why not?

I looked at her quietly for a while and then sighed as I sat up. "Oh what the heck, lets do it." I said.

She got up as quick as lightening and pulled me over to the mirror. "Yes! Okay I have such great ideas, we have to do your hair and makeup and oh my god you need a dress. Do you have a dress? You don't do you? Ugh Wait! I think I have one!" She ran over to her closet and started throwing all kinds of clothes out onto her bed.

I looked down and shook my head. What did I just agree with? I could tell, this was going to be the longest night of my life.

 

S/N: Finally updating after..I don't even know. A year? Maybe more? Hopefully my writing is better than before. I disappeared for a lot of reasons, stress, writers block, and I moved to Korea. My life is hectic right now and I literally have no time, but for some reason I had the urge to write today. I ended up writing a lot of chapters actually. So at least I can slowly update those ones and write during the week when I have time. I apologize sincerely though, I hope this wont happen again. I will try harder in the future. Hopefully you guys will still enjoy this fic! Many new things and characters coming soon!