Can we would friends? - Jessica

Model High [ updating soon ]

I laid on my back staring at the ceiling, pondering over what happened. It's all too much, my mind was ready to explode. But, the thing is, I couldn't think of the bad things that happened. My mind was solely on Myungsoo. Beef Jerky, Beef Jerky, Beef Jerky. Actually I was becoming hungry thinking of that, but right now wasn't the time to think of food.

What exactly happened? Why me? Out of all the girls in the school why did he choose to like me? It just didn't add up. Especially after his last girlfriend being Sooyoung, how does that make me look? Compared to her I'm nothing. Not even a speck on the wall that could be noticed. 

The silence disappeared in a flash when Soyeon came barging through the door. "Jessica!" She shouted loudly as she ran over to my bed and plopped on top of me.

"Unni what happened!? I've been looking everywhere for you! Where were you? How did you get here?! I'm so sorry!" She started apologizing about everything.

"I shouldn't have left you alone, better yet I shouldn't have even brought you. I heard what Sooyoung did. Just wait until I get my hands on that wench!" She clinched her fists in the air and scrunched up her face, revealing little wrinkles right between her eyebrows. She was cute.

I giggled softly and sat up, scooting myself against the wall and bringing my knees to my chest. "It's okay Soyeon, it's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal?! She threw her drink on you! On my dress! On my creation! All that hard work she ruined! She deserves to be prosecuted by order of a judge! I will punish her!" She shouted and stood up, placing her hands on her hips as if she were super woman. I laughed in amusement.

"No no, really it's okay. I'm fine. I forgot all about it actually." I said in a content tone.

She blinked and sat down slowly. "What do you mean you forgot about it? How can you forget so fast? Oh yeah, unni, what happened with Myungsoo? I heard he announced that he likes you. Is that true? Or did he say that to get back at Sooyoung?"

I sat there quietly thinking. Is it true? If he was trying to get back at Sooyoung that would make more sense. I shook my head and said nothing. Should I tell her he kissed me?

"Hm..well, I guess it isn't true. I mean, why would he like you?" She quickly looked up at me. "No offense unni! It's just...well, I'm not sure if you're really his type."

I nodded in agreement, "That is true. But.." I paused.

"Well don't worry about it too much Unni because you will find your Prince Charming one day, don't be hurt by his actions!" She tried to console me as she got up and started making her way to her bed.

"He kissed me." I said softly, staring at my knees.

I heard a loud bump and I looked up quickly. Soyeon had hit her knee against the bed frame and started rubbing her knee in pain. "What?! I heard you wrong right? Did you just say he kissed you??" She questioned in disbelief.

I looked down and nodded slightly. "Yes..Kim Myungsoo kissed me...on the rooftop."

She quietly sat down and stared off in space. 

"What? Is something wrong?" I said as i sat up more.

"N-no..just..I wasn't expecting that. He really kissed you unni?" She asked again.

"Yes he did. Just a little while ago." I confirmed.

"Wow...I can't believe it. Why? would he.." She shook her head and smiled. That was a strange reaction.

"Are you okay?" I asked, concerned. 

She shook her head and smiled again. "I'm fine! I'm really happy for you Unni! So what does this mean? Are you two an item now or what?"

I shrugged my shoulders and stood up shaking my head. "I really don't know and I don't want to think about it too much really. I'm hungry, I'm gonna make a run to the cafeteria, do you want anything?"

She shook her head and smiled. "No I'm fine! I ate a lot earlier. You go eat, I bet you didn't eat anything all day you poor thing."

I slipped on my big hoodie and left the dorm, the halls were quiet. It was pretty late and I'm sure by now everyone was in their dorms either sleeping or gossiping about what happened tonight. I just hope that everyone forgets it by morning. 

I entered the kitchen and went searching through the cabinets looking for something that could fill me. There were so many choices that it made it hard for me to pick just one. So like a big that I was I grabbed all kinds of junk food, turning my hoodie into a shopping basket and throwing whatever I could into it. 

I started stuffing my mouth with a donut as I was still filling my hoodie basket when I turn from a noise that I had heard behind me. Prince Charming. Crap.

He stood their quietly looking at me, a blank face as usual and I stood there with a half a donut stuffed in my mouth and powder all over my cheeks. I dropped everything in a moment, including the food that was in my mouth and blinked. Crap crap!!!

I did my awkward please tell me you didn't see that laugh and quickly started grabbing everything I dropped as I chewed as quickly as possible. It wasn't working, the donut was too dry and everything was getting stuck at the roof of my mouth. I looked up and he was gone. whew..  I was relieved. That was so embarrassing.

Where did he go though? I thought as I stood up and looked around, still chewing what I had left in my mouth. I shrugged my shoulders and made my way outside of the kitchen and into the cafeteria. Then bam! A glass of water popped up right in front of my face and I dropped everything again as I went into kung fu mode and did a weird praying mantis move. 

"WAH PAH! You want it!?" I shouted loudly.

It was Prince Charming, of course, that was a dumb question. 

He stared at me with a confused look on his face, still holding the glass of water out to me.

"Oh.." I bowed in pure mortification. I felt so stupid once again. "Sorry.." I grabbed the glass of water and drank it in one gulp then handed it back to him. "Thank you." I said and picked up all of my snacks, then made my way to a table without looking back. I must look like such a cow right now.

I sat down and started eating another donut as I breathed heavily. I'm not sure why suddenly I felt like I was gasping for air. I peeked over in the corner of my eye and saw him still there, he was looking at me. Crap!!! I looked back straight quickly and started stuffing my face again, hoping he didn't see.

Suddenly he walked over to me quietly and sat down opposite from me, with a banana in one hand and a glass of water in the other hand. He didn't say anything, he just peeled his banana and began eating quietly.

I didn't know what to do. I started to panic but I tried to hide it. I slowly and sneakily turned away and continued eating. 

"Are...you okay..?" He said with his soft deep voice.

I choked. 

He handed me the glass of water as if he already knew what was going to happen and I took it. I drank and tried to cough up the piece of donut stuck in my throat. He set his banana down and walked around to pat my back. Why does this happen whenever he's around god? Why?!

I felt better after a few pats and set the water down. "T-thank you." I said as I covered my mouth. 

He scooted back a little on the bench and there was a gap between us. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He said softly.

"No no! I'm sorry, I should've been eating more slowly. It's not your fault." Yes it was.You and your beautiful voice did it.

There was a silence again. I couldn't take it anymore, so I started gathering all of my twinkie like snacks and stood up. "Well I sho-"

"I saw what happened." He said as he cut me off. He was staring down at the table.

"Huh?" I said confused.

"At the dance, I saw what happened." He repeated.

I looked around for a moment, not knowing what to say. "Um..oh..yeah..that..hah..it's not big deal. Sorry you had to witness that." I tried to get away. It wasn't working.

"That was wrong of her...Sooyoung. To treat you like that. I think you belong here.." He said as he looked up at me.

Wha whaaat? I looked down at him and sat down slowly. "What do you mean?"

He sat there silently for a moment then looked at me more intently. "I mean, who is she to say you don't belong here? Who is she to judge you and make you feel like an outsider just because you don't like the way she believes you should look. That's not fair, she hasn't even taken the time out to get to know you so why should she be able to conclude the kind of person you are?"

My eyes widened a little. Woah...he speaks. Actual words..sentences. I was shocked not about what he said but the fact that he said more than three words. But he was really worked up.

"Sorry." He said as he noticed my dumbfounded face and looked down again.

I shook myself out of it and replied, "No..don't be. I get it. You're right, she shouldn't do that but she did because she doesn't know any better. She's still young and has a lot to learn. I can understand her."

He looked back up at me, "Really?" He looked away slowly and quietly stared off.

I was confused, did I say something wrong? Why did he go back into mystery mode?

After about what seemed like forever of silence, he looked back at me.

I raised my eyebrows and tried not to blush. He was really beautiful, not just your regular handsome type. But the features of his face made him something more. Especially his eyes, there was something locked up in those big brown eyes and it made me curious. I wanted to know more.

He lifted his hand and with my amazing kung fu reflexes, my chopping hands flew into the hair and I jumped back. "W-what??" I said a little flustered still because of what happened at the dance. 

He chuckled. Then he reached his hand to my cheek and began wiping it gently. He smiled. My cheeks felt flushed and I stared at him as intently when he look at me. 

He set his hand back down and breathed deeply as I brought the palm of my hand to my cheek.

"Would you..be my friend?" He asked in a serious yet sincere tone.

My hand was still to my cheek and my eyes started wandering around because I was confused if that was real or if I was just imagining things. 

"Do you want to?" He asked again, this time more sincere. 

I inhaled softly and set my hand down. "You want to be friends with me?" I asked.

He nodded as his smile went away. "Yes, if it's okay with you."

Of course it's okay with me!  "Yeah..I mean..if you want to..we can be friends." I tried to say coolly.

He smiled again and looked down in the cutest manner I have ever seen in my entire life. 

"What's your name?" He said. 

"Jessica." I replied. 

"I'm Minho." He said with another smile.

I had a good feeling about him. That night, I think was the best night of my life thus far. Bad things happened yeah but all of the good things overpowered it quickly. I smiled at him and then handed him one of my debbie cakes.

He slowly took it and we both quietly began eating. The awkwardness went away in a flash.

 

S/N: I keep writing today, I don't know why. I have another chapter already done but I think I should wait to post it. I'm just too excited because it's starting to come together well. I wish I had done this months ago! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter~ ^^