Something Different - Myungsoo

Model High [ updating soon ]

 

"Excuse me?" I heard a voice say as I was reading Sooyoung's text. I turned around quickly and saw a girl that I assumed wanted nothing but to bother me by the way she way staring.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Do you know where the principals office is?" She asked.

Ah..I thought in my head, she just needs help.

When I was about to respond to her I received another text. It distracted me and I read it, it was Sooyoung again.

"Yah, meet me in the auditorium right now." I read.

I have no idea what she wanted but I'm sure it's nothing important.
When I put the phone back in my pocket, I turned towards where the girl was and she was gone, I turned around quickly to find her and she was already walking down the hallway. I ran to her quickly.

"Hey, hey I'm sorry. What did you say?" I asked. I didn't mean to ignore her like that.

"Nothing." she responded as she shook her head and began walking away.

She's upset.

I hurried and grabbed her arm to stop her but she kind of froze. I usually don't grab people that way, well strangers but it was a reflex to stop her from walking away.

I let go of her and cleared my throat. "Um...tell me what you said please?" I asked politely as I scratched the back of my head.

She seemed a bit awkward. "I asked if you knew where the principals office was?"

"Oh, the principals office, I can take you there" I told her.

She seemed to not want me to assist her but I had nothing else to do..kind of, so I insisted until she gave in.

We walked for a while in silence and I kept taking peeks at her. She was...different. She was definitely a plain Jane but she had a beauty to her, a pureness. It made me interested in what was behind all of that.

I didn't want the silence and awkwardness to continue so I tried to break it, she must have thought the same thing since we both started to speak at the same time.

I insisted that she went ahead first.

She asked me how things worked around here and I kind of joked a bit. She wasn't amused, which made me a bit perplexed. I wasn't expecting that reaction at all; I'm used to people laughing at every corny thing I say.

After noticing her reaction I quickly tried to fix it by explaining how the school really works. She seemed overwhelmed afterwards. I wanted to find a way to encourage her but didn't really know how.

"Where is everyone else?" She asked me.

That snapped something inside of me because I had forgot about the assembly after talking with her this long.

"Oh yeah, that's right. I'm supposed to be getting ready. They're all in the auditorium for an assembly. You should probably be there too but seeing as you need to go to the Principals first, they're probably going to you there." I told her.

She asked about the assembly and I explained to her the whole situation. I really hate first days of school, I honestly do. There's so much pressure and so much to do, it's tiring.

I told her that, that I didn't like it.

"Well it can't be that bad. You seem like you know a lot about the school and everything." She said.

Yeah, I do but, it's not even about me knowing the school, I thought to myself.

"No it's not that, it's just, I'm kind of a popular guy around here and I have to try to keep up with everything. Everyone wants to be my friend and the teachers treat me better than others. They all want me to join clubs and activities. It's a lot of pressure. I just want to have fun." I explained.

Crap...what did I just say?

"Oh...." She responded, with only that.

She probably thinks I'm self centered now or full of myself. But, I can't believe I just said that out loud to her...I've never told anyone that before.

Right then, when we reached the principals office my phone went off for probably the hundredth time since I started taking her there. I ignored it most of the time but it was really starting to bug me so I took a look at it.

 

-text-
Sooyoung:

"Where are you? Get over here now!"

 

Goodness, I thought to myself as I sighed. This girl really is impatient and won't let up. She doesn't even need me there.

I looked back up to the girl and smiled. "Well, I'll let you off here, I've got to go get dressed." I said as I began walking backwards. "So long...."

I walked off quickly so that I could get to the auditorium before I go anymore annoying texts. But, before I turned the corner I stopped and looked back at her. I don't know what it is about her, but something inside of me wants to know more about who she is, I think she might be the "different" I'm looking for.

I forgot to ask her name...

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I got the auditorium and sat down next to some 'friends'. Sooyoung didn't take a whole five minutes before she found me and sat down.

"Where have you been?!" She shouted as she walked over to me. "The assembly is about to start and you're not even dressed!"

I sighed, "I know, I had to help a new student find the principal's office." 

"A new student?" She asked suspiciously.

"Yes, a new student. She couldn't find her way around so I showed her the way." I said.

"'She?" She questioned. "What do you mean she? As in a girl she?"

"Um, yeah...unless she was a he undercover, I'm pretty sure it was a girl." I said sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes. "Well, 'she' made you late. It's not your job to help out the hopeless newbies." She said with an attitude. "And since when were you so helpful?"

At that point I knew it was time to ignore her. If I kept the conversation going the situation would've just gotten worse.

"Look, I'm gonna go get dress." I told her as I got up and I started walking away.

She folded her arms and gave me a look knowing I was just trying to get out of the situation. She didn't pursue the situation though because she knew that I had to go either way.

I went into the dressing room and sat in front of the mirror. I needed peace and quiet for a moment. I took in a deep breathe and let out a long exhale. The stress was already starting and it was only the first day. 

While I was sitting there, in came another classmate already dressed. He sat on the couch behind me and leaned his head against the wall and closed his eyes. I don't know much about him except for his name, which is Minho and the feeling I get from him. He's quiet, he doesn't talk to others but he's good at modeling. He keeps in the dark...I wonder why he's like that.

I usually ignore him when he's around, not because....how do I explain?

He's just not really approachable. 

I got up and grabbed my first set of clothes and dressed quickly...while I was buttoning my shirt, she popped in my head. I don't know what it is about her but it bothers me not knowing.

"Two MINUTES!" Someone shouted into the room.

I finished in a hurry and walked out. Minho was already out there waiting. I went and stood next to him since it was our turn to go out now. I looked at him and all he did was look straight ahead without even blinking. The stylist students came over to us quickly as we took our step up to the side of the runway. They quickly fixed little things that we missed and cued us to go.

We both walked out together, side by side. The lights were bright and they hurt my eyes a bit but I continued to walk in a straight line as I was taught. As I was walking down the runway, although I kept my eyes straight ahead I still observed my surroundings. There were a lot of new faces this year, which I find really out of the ordinary.

Just then, I noticed her from my peripheral view. I almost turned my head but had to force myself not to. I continued with my walk.

When I got backstage again I felt like I couldn't breathe. My heart was beating faster than usual. I felt nervous to go out there again for some reason. But I knew I had to so I went back into my dressing room and changed. Minho was already in there basically dressed. 

How the hell did he get dressed so fast?

I changed my clothes as fast as I could and headed out back to the side of the stage and waited for my cue. My stomach felt weird, it bugged me a lot. I went out again and couldn't help but notice her. She was staring at me, which made me feel a bit uncomfortable. But...then again, everyone was staring at me, I was the only one on stage.

Afterwards I had to go on back on once more with everyone else. Yet, I still wanted to peek at her. But I had to keep my head straight.

When the assembly was over I tried to hurry and find her so I could at least ask her her name. But there was too many people and everyone kept stopping me to converse. 

I sort of gave up after about 5 minutes since I knew I wasn't going to find her in all this mess. So I kind of just stood around talking.

But then someone knocked into me hard which made me turn around. When I did, I couldn't find out who had bumped into me but I saw a girl who began to faint and quickly caught her.

It was her.

As she opened her eyes I smiled. She got up quickly and pushed me a little. Another thing I'm not used to.

"Ah! it's the lost girl!" I said kind of loud. I walked closer to her since there was so many people and so much noise. "Are you okay?" I said as I lean down to her a bit and dusted off her shoulder.

I stood back up straight and put my hands my pocket as she told me she was okay.

"That's good, I thought I had lost you there for a second." I said as I tried to get a good look at her.

I bit my lip out of habit, "Where are you going?" I asked.

"T-to my dorms." She said as she stuttered a bit. I pretended like I didn't notice, even if I found it cute.

"Do you want me to take-" I started to say, but Sooyoung once again popped out of nowhere.

"Who is this?" She asked rudely.

"A friend." I said.

"Oh...well what's her name?" Sooyoung perused.

"Her name?" I requestioned.

I don't know her name...

I looked at her hoping that she would say it before Sooyoung asked again. If she found out that she was the reason why I was late then she won't let her off.

The lost girl introduced herself as Jessica.

Jessica...

She held out her hand for Sooyoung to shake but of course as expected she didn't even lift a finger.

I was thinking about taking her hand to relieve her from the embarrassment I saw on her face, but before I could decide Playboy Yoseob came and grabbed her hand then pulled her away.

I watched her as she walked away. I took a long quiet inhale and exhaled slowly trying to calm my heart down. 

"Yah! What are you looking at?!" Sooyoung said as she hit me in my arm slightly.

I snapped out of it and shook my head. "O-oh...nothing. Lets go." I said as I grabbed on to her back and began to walk away. 

I turned back for a moment to see if I could see her again...but she was already gone.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Myungsoo!" called a familiar voice as I was walking down the hallway to my room.

I turned around and it was three guys I've known since my first year here, one of them being a close friend since I was younger, Woohyun.

It's been a week now since school started. I haven't spotted Jessica since then. Things have been hectic. 

"Hey whatsup?" I said to them.

"Not much, where you heading?" One of them said.

"Ah, just going back to my room, I'm tired." I responded.

"No man, you gotta come with us, we're about to head to the cafe to meet up with some of the newbie girls." Said Woohyun.

"Oh...I don't know, I'm not really up to it today." I told him.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and started walking. "Look man, this is our last year, we gotta go out and have fun. Sitting in your room all night is a waste of time. Lets just go." 

I gave him a fake smile and looked down. "Alright then, I'll go for a little bit."

"Yeahhh~" He said with excitement as he let me go. "Lets go bro."

I went ahead with them to the cafe and they spotted the girls that were waiting for them. We all went to have a seat and I sat in an empty seat next to one of the girls. She kind of stared at my and smiled.

"Hi..." She said cheerfully.

I turned my head a bit towards her and smiled. "Hey."

"Heyyyy where's our food at girls?" Said one of my friends.

"It's right here oppa~ You share with me~" One said to him.

He wrapped his arm around her and opened his mouth. "Feed me." He practically demanded.

I just rolled my eyes a bit and looked around trying not to get involved with all of this. I was already ready to go.

The girl next to me moved her seat closer and pushed her food towards me. "Oppa, you can share with me if you want..." She said shyly.

I politely rejected. "No, it's okay. I'm not hungry."

"Oh..." She said as she kind of pouted. I felt kind of bad.

"But....I am a bit thirsty." I said to make her feel better.

She looked up at me with excitement. "Really? Then here." She said as she handed me her drink.

I nodded and took a sip. "Thanks." I said with a smile.

Everyone at the table was loud and flirty. I wasn't into it at all...still I wanted to leave.

"Oppa, do you have a girlfriend?" The girl bluntly asked me.

I turned to her. "What?" I said awkwardly.

"A girlfriend? Do you have one?" She asked again.

I sat up straight in my chair. "Oh...um...I-"

"YES he does..." Said Sooyoung who once again popped up out of no where with her posse.

The girl looked up and stood up out of her chair quickly and looked down. "O-oh...s-sorry...I was just-"

"You were just what?" Sooyoung said as she nudge the girl a bit and sat in her chair. "You thought that he'd say no and be interested in you?"

"N-no..that's not...not what I meant." The girl explained as she looked up at me a little.

I sat back and rolled my eyes. I knew this was going to happen. I shook my head and looked away. I didn't want to interfere in this.

"Well...you can see that he has one so no need to ask." Sooyoung said as she turned towards me.

I didn't pay attention. The girl fumbled around us to grab her bag and quickly ran out of the cafe, her friends running after her.

Sooyoung chuckled and grabbed a fry that was in a basket, gave it a dirty look and threw it back down. "So...what's all this?" She asked.

The guys just kind of sat back and rolled their eyes. "Why'd you do that Sooyoung?" One of them asked. "She was harmless, she wasn't bothering anyone."

"Well she was bothering me." She replied.

"And how was she bothering you?" He said.

"Newbies bother me everyday, trying to so hard to fit in right away and not staying with their class. Why are you guys hanging around them anyways?" She asked.

"Because we liked them...." Said one of them.

"Tch. Whatever...you guys have bad taste." She said in disbelief.

I shook my head again looking away trying to ignore her. She tapped me. "Baby?" She said. "Do you not see me here?"

"Wait....aren't you guys broken up?" Said Woohyun.

I looked at Woohyun knowing that he hit a soft spot on Sooyoung, which means she was about to blow.

"Broken up???" She said. "Say's who?" She asked as she looked over to me.

I didn't say a word.

"Um...last time I checked Myungsoo dumped you." Woohyun stated.

I knew this was bad. Woohyun hates Sooyoung, he's always saying things purposely to piss her off, but what he says is the truth.

I got up. "I'm going to go to bed. I'm tired. See you later guys." I walked away.

"Wait, Myungsoo~" Sooyoung said in her lovey dovey voice as she ran after me. She clung to my arm as I kept walking.

I again ignored her. "Baby~" She said. "Why are you being like this?" 

I stopped walking and looked forward. "I'm tired Sooyoung, can you let me be?"

She copped an attitude quickly and let me go. "Fine, do whatever, I don't care." And stormed off.

I sighed and walked back to my room and flopped on my bed; laying there staring at the ceiling in pure silence brought so many thoughts to my mind.

All of those thoughts...had to do with her...Jessica. Where as she from, how she grew up, what kind of live she lived and lives now...who she is as a person. I'm curious about all those things.

She's different...not because of her looks, the first impression was about her looks, but that's what pulled me in. She doesn't look like all the other girls here. As I've said before, she's different.

I drifted off to sleep thinking about her for hours, I didn't realize how fast time flew by. I know it was still late because I don't remember my roommate Woohyun being there still.

I woke up that morning and planned on going to the cafe as usual to get a cup of coffee to start off my day, but Woohyun insisted that I go to the cafeteria with him. I never go there because there are too many new students floating around there each year, and it gets pretty crowded and loud. The cafe is toned down and quiet, it give some time to think.

I didn't even bother to ask Woohyun why we were going to the cafeteria today, since I already knew it was about the freshman girls...

Him and I headed out for the cafeteria after we got dressed and finished getting ready for the day. When we arrived to the place, I opened the door and as I expected, crowded and loud.

I sighed and Woohyun went past me quickly to the other side of the cafeteria to sit with the freshman girls. I walked slowly since I didn't want to be here. As I was walking I looked around and was taking a peek at everyone...but I was still looking straight so no one noticed it.

I spotted her. I turned my head and saw her.

My heart started beating a little faster...which is usual...

I snapped back to reality as I heard a piece of silverware drop, it was right at her table. I had to keep my cool and be polite at the same time. So I walked up and bent down to pick up the fork that had fell.

I looked up and took a quick peek at Jessica and back over to the girl that dropped it. "Is this yours?" I said with a smile.

The girl said nothing, but I kept holding it up, just so I could keep looking over at her. However, Playboy Yoseob snatched it out of my hand quickly and claimed it as his. Quite frankly it upset me a bit but I kept acting cool about it. I stood up and slid my hands in my pockets and laughed a bit.

I didn't say another word, looked over at her, then walked away.

I sat down over with Woohyun and all the ruckus...but didn't even care to pay attention. I kept looking over at her but trying not to be obvious.

"Myung-babe~" Said Sooyoung coming from nowhere. She sat next to me and grabbed onto my arm. "I missed you~" 

I didn't pay her any attention. I didn't respond or even try to move away from her. All that was on my mind was her.

Breakfast was over and I tried to get to her as fast as I could...but there were so many people that it became crowded instantly and I had already lost her.

I was going crazy. I needed to talk to her again. Just a chance.

After the place cleared out I walked out with Woohyun and he was chit-chatting about the girls he was with. I wasn't interested. I never was or will be. I pretty much blocked him out as we walked through the hallways. The only thing I heard from him was that he was off to class and that he'll see me later.

I headed into my classroom and sat down in the seat I always sit in. I felt tired and irritated. I laid back and closed my eyes, letting my mind run freely.

 

This chapter was so hard to write guys OTL I had no idea how to introduce Myungsoo~ So you'll see some events that have already happened~ Kind of gives you his side of everything though~ Hope you all enjoy~