Dinner already? - Jessica

Model High [ updating soon ]

Thinking about how my life was going to change made me tired. I fell asleep without even realizing it. I laid there on my back with a uniform on top of me and the rest under me. I had rinkled all of them.

I opened my eyes and just laid there staring at the ceiling. I didn't know what time it was, I felt like it was only for five minutes. I still felt exhausted. I heard a knock at my door. I went over to open it and it was Yoseob. He had a cute bright smile on his face and he was wearing his black uniform. I don't know why, but I was a little happy seeing him, but just a little bit, not outrageously happy.

Don't get any ideas, its not like I'm going around liking every guy I see at this school. He just seemed like a really good person.

"It's time for dinner, you ready to go?" He said with that adorable smile.

I looked down over at the floor, Did I really sleep that long? I questioned myself. I didn't even know he'd be coming here again.

"Um I'm not really that hungry, I think I'll just stay in my room." I told him, it was a lie.

"Are you sure?" He questioned me with disbelief.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'm just going to get some rest." I lied again.

As soon as I said that my stomach started screaming loudly. I was really hungry but I didn't want to go out there again. Talk about bad timing. How embarrassing.

He giggled, "You sure about that? Because your stomach seems to say otherwise."

I made this kind of embarrassed but angry face. I was mad at my stomach for being so noisy. Why couldn't it just be quiet at a time like this. I couldn't do anything about it anyways. I was pretty much caught.

"-sigh- I guess I'll come." I said with a pout on my face.

All Yoseob could do was laugh. I walked out of the room but before I closed my door Yoseob gave me this weird look.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Mmm I think you should put you're uniform on. You don't want to get into trouble already do you?" He said with a worried tone.

"Oh yeah, I guess I should. I'll be right out." I said quickly and ran into the room.

I didn't know which uniform I was supposed to be wearing that the moment, although they were labeled it looked like he was wearing the one that wasn't. I don't know, it's all confusing. I just put on the black one like he did and walked out of the room. When I did, he looked pretty satisfied.

"Ok, lets go eat!" He said excitedly.

We walked down the halls and into the cafeteria area. It was huge. My old school's eating area was not even twice this size. It looked way better too. The design was not the usual kind of cafeteria for a school, it was much better and brighter. There was even a stage, I don't know why it was there but it must be for something.....I hope i never have to go up there. 

The place where you get your food was nice too. My school would never have the kinds of foods they have here. They have stuff I've never even heard of. Everything looked really healthy, even the desserts.

 I was really starting to wonder about how there is even a school like this. Is it even possible? Where do they get their money from? They don't even have any sports or anything like that. I'm so confused.

 When Yoseob and I went to go get dinner, I didn't know what to choose. There was nothing I really recognized. There wasn't even any rice. How do you have dinner, without rice??

"Yoseob, where's the rice?" I whispered over to him.

I didn't know where it was and I didn't want to look stupid.

"There is none." He said with a straight face, sounding so serious.

""There is none?" I repeated after him, not believing a word that came out of his mouth.

"Yeah, we only have rice once a week. The school says it contains too much carbs.  So they only serve it on Sundays." He explained.

I was not happy about that at all. I need my rice. What was I going to do? I can't sit here and eat broccoli for dinner every night without having something else going down my throat.

Well at least they have Kimchi....I'd probably die without it.

Since there wasn't much to choose from, I just stood there with a blank look on my face. I felt like I was in some foreign country and didn't know how to order my food because of the language barrier.

Yoseob noticed. He just started putting things on my tray without speaking. I still stood there blank as to why he was doing it.

Why is he so helpful to me? I wasn't used to this. I'm more of an independent child, and an only child at that. Even my parents don't do things like this for me. They want me to be able to handle things on my own.

He felt like an older brother. It was weird but made me a bit more comfortable. Well, I'm hoping that the food he put on my tray doesn't make my tongue turn green. I don't want to look like some weirdo.

We sat down at a table that was for two people. A bunch of people were staring at the both of us but he kind of ignored it. I couldn't do that though, it felt awkward, like I was being eyed down right before slaughtering. How could he not feel weird?

He looked at me with his mouth full.

"Don't mind them. They're just used to me sitting with them, not just with one person. They probably want me to go over there, but I can tell you wouldn't be comfortable with that. so it's best we sit over here." He said to me.

"Why? If they are you're friends, you should go sit with them. Won't they be angry?" I asked.

"Nahh, they'll be fine. They can live without me, besides, I don't want you to have to sit by yourself." He said.

Why is he so considerate? I thought to myself. He's definitely different from other guys I've seen. Notice how I said "seen" not "met". It's because I haven't actually met any guys before. But from what i've seen, they all seemed pretty wild, uncaring, and a little like jerks. But I guess I can't really judge if I don't actually talk to any of them.

My dinner wasn't so bad. It was pretty good actually, and my tongue didn't turn green. That was the most important aspect of the dinner.

Yosoeb wanted to show me around the school so we had a little tour. He took me to various places and talked about different things. The one place he decided to show me was his secret spot. But we had just met, and if he has never shown anyone else this before....does that mean he likes me? What do I do about that? I don't know how to handle this situation.

He took me to the rooftop. It was so beautiful and the air was much nicer up there. Being that it was dark outside made everything look even more alive. I don't ever go out at night so I didn't realize how beautiful the world could be. I was amazed.

"This is the place I come to think. It's quiet and my mind is at ease. We're not supposed to be up here, but no one ever checks." Yosoeb said to me. "It's beautiful huh?" He asked as he began to look at me.

I looked back at him. There was something in his eyes that mad me sad. As if he puts up a front and doesn't show people the real him. I almost began to tear up.

"I haven't shown anyone this place before. So lets just keep this our secret okay?" He said to me sincerely.

"Wh-why me?" I asked him nervously.

"I don't know. There's something about you thats different than all of the other people here. I wanted to be able to share this place with someone but couldn't find one I could trust." He explained.

"Trust?" I repeated with a question. "But we just met for the first time today....how can you trust me?" I asked.

"When meeting people, you always have a feeling as to who they are. You get this sort of vibe. You always want to start and kind of friendship or relationship with trust, but if that person deceives you, then you lose it all and its hard for you to regain that trust. So I'm starting off our friendship just like this. I believe you are the one special friend that I can keep by my side and always trust. Yes we've just met but the vibe you've given me is special, and I can just feel like you are a person to keep as a friend. Until you've proven me wrong, I will continue to feel this way." He told me.

Wow, I've never thought of a friendship that way. i didn't think a person would be able to read someone that way after only knowing them for a few hours. I don't have friends and I don't talk to people much so I don't know that feeling. Maybe that's what I have been seeing in him since this morinng. Like I can trust him and I can be close with him without worrying about anything else. This was going to be a start of a great friendship, I just know it.

Before we went back inside he stopped me and asked me a question.

"The guy you were talking to earlier...Myungsoo, what were you guys talking about?" He asked.

"Hmm....Myungsoo?" I question, confused.

"Myungsoo, he's the popular guy. The one with the smirky look on his face....you were talking with him when I lost you after the Assembly." He said.

I thought about it....Myungsoo....Myungsoo....oh! Is that his name?

"Ahhh! Him, he was just helping me. I met him earlier before the assembly and he took me to the principals office, that's all, i don't really know him." I explained to Yoseob.

"Oh...." He said with a worried look. "Well, I think it'll be best if you stay away from him. He may be good looking and popular, but he's not the real friendship type of guy. And when it comes to girls, he's a playboy, but you don't want to get into the drama with him and his girlfriend." He said to me.

"Girlfriend?" I asked with a sort of disappointing look on my face.

"Yeah, her name is Sooyoung, you don't want to get involved in anything that has to do with that wild beast. She's not friendly at all and she'll step on people to get to the top. The two of them are inseparable. Where ever Myungsoo is, Sooyoung will always be 5 steps behind. Try to stay away from her, your life will be a lot more easier that way." Yoseob said.

That's why she gave me that look when I tried to sit next to him, and also when I was talking to him after the assembly. I guess I better listen to Yoseob, I don't want any drama being at this school. It's already stressful enough.

"Okay, I'll make sure to stay away from them and out of site as best as I can." I said to Yoseob with a smile,

"Alright then!" He said, happy. "Lets go back down before we get caught. We sure probably get some sleep. Tomorrow is a big day."

We walked back to our dorms and said our goodbyes. I went into my room and changed into my pajamas. I began to unpack all of my belongings and thought about my parents. I feel very sorry to them. I didn't want to lie, I just wanted to make something out of my life. One day, I hope to tell them my whereabouts and explain why I am doing this.

They done nothing but be by my side always and I hope that when the day comes for me to come forward, they will understand. But I also hope they never find out without me talking to them first. They'll lose my trust and they'll be forever hurt.

I made sure I brought a photo of the three of us so whenever I feel upset, I can think of them and do my best to control my emotions. Since we are not allowed to carry photos around, I had to make sure that I kept it hidden where no one could find it.

Tomorrow I will start by trying my best. I am not looking forward to it, but what choice do I have?

From there, I went back to dreamland and hoped that tomorrow will be the start of a new path....

 

 Hehehe~ What do you guys think her real  first day of school will be like? Will she be able to stay away from Myungsoo and not run into Sooyoung? How will react when she meets her new roommate? I hope you all liked this short but sweet chapter, there will be more to come!~

P.S. Yoseob and Soyeon or Yoseob and Sooyoung? Who knows....however, I already have who he will end up with in mind and I hope you guys all accept it! All will be revealed in the last chapter. I think you guys will like it a lot. But the last chapter is not coming soon. there is a lot of things Jessica, Sooyoung, Soyeon, Yoseob, Minho and Myungsoo have to go through first to learn the value of friendship, trust, love and respect but most of all, loyalty. Stay Tuned~~~