Chapter 2

Second Chance..

SEOUL, the words echoed in her head. She had left this place three years ago with her heart shattered into pieces. Who would have thought that after so many years overseas, she would be back in this place? If it wasn’t the fact that her mother almost pleaded her, she wouldn’t ever thought of coming back here.

Sooyoung ( concern ): “ You alright?”

They both knew what to expect from her when she reached this place, for they were best friends since young. Taeyeon really had to thanks Sooyoung. If it wasn’t for Sooyoung, She wouldn’t be so composed, so calm now. In order to accompany her, Sooyoung had left Seoul with her to New York to start life anew.

Taeyeon gave her friend a small smile and nodded her head.

Sooyoung: “ You wait here. I’m going to see if the car is here already. ”

Sooyoung head for the automatic sliding doors at the entrance of the airport, while Taeyeon nodded her head absentmindedly, lost in her thoughts.

Sooyoung ( murmured ): “Car… Car… Where is it?”

Sooyoung wandered up and down side of the road, when she caught sight of a black Jag driving down and stopped at her side. “Park Ahjusshi?” Sooyoung bent down and asked, sighing with relief when she saw the driver who was apologizing profusely for being late.

Sooyoung was about to make her way into the airport to inform Taeyeon, when she caught sight of someone that made her dropped her briefcase in shock.

Sooyoung ( muttered ): “ It can’t be…” She closed her eyes and opened them again, as if to make sure that she wasn’t dreaming in broad day light. The girl was still there, her black hair flowing behind her as she hurriedly made her way towards the sliding doors.

She was about to run after the lady, when she saw Taeyeon coming out of the other sliding doors just when she ran into the next entrance. Sooyoung walked towards her friend hurriedly, when Taeyeon suddenly stopped, a weird expression on her face.

Sooyoung ( worried ): “ Waeyo? What’s wrong? ” ( forgetting about the girl she just saw )

Taeyeon didn’t know what happened, but it seemed as if her heart stopped beating for a second, before beating even faster than before. A strange feeling came over her; some kind of warmness and a sense of familiarity. She unwittingly looked to her left for someone she recognized, but saw no one. Who was she hoping to see, Taeyeon didn’t really know. All she knew was that her heart was beating as it did three years ago.

---

Tiffany ( waved her arms up in the air ): " Sica! ”

Jessica ( hug Tiffany ): “ I missed you so much Fany! ”

Tiffany ( laugh ): “ How’s New York? ”

Jessica: “ Great! I just loved it there! The place is great, the people are warm and friendly, the food is delicious, the girls there are hot, and… ”

Tiffany ( tease ): “I get it. I get it. Any place with hot girls is great to you! Any love affairs? ”

Jessica: “ A few, but they were not as great as the one I had in Paris three months ago. My heart practically stopped beating when I saw her. She was so hot, so dreamy…”

Tiffany ( Heart stopped beating? Was it true that when you see the fated person in your life, your heart will be able to recognize her presence? )

Tiffany: “ How does it feel like? ”

Jessica: “ It’s like your heart will skipped a beat before pounding faster again against your chest when you see the person for you. Even if she was a few distance away, your heart will still be able to acknowledge her presence.”

Tiffany ( in deep thought ): “Even if she was a few distance away? Skipped a beat before pounding faster again…”

Was that how she felt twenty minutes ago? Tiffany asked herself. She was rushing through the sliding doors when she stopped abruptly in her tracks. A strange feeling overcame her, and for a second she almost felt that she couldn’t breathe. If it wasn’t the fact that she was rushing to meet Jessica, she would probably just stood there wondering what is happening to her for the next hour or so!

~~~~~~~~~

Stepping out of the car, Taeyeon removed her shades and stared up at the house she hasn’t stepped into for the past few years.

Sooyoung (admiring ): “Still as magnificent as always.”

???: “ Ms Taeyeon!” An old woman in her late fifties appeared through the front door exclaimed, hurrying towards her.

Taeyeon ( hug the old women ): “ Nanny... It’s been a long time. ”

Sooyoung ( wink ): “ It’s been a long time too since we last met Nanny. ”

Nanny: “ Ms Sooyoung! Indeed we haven’t met for a long time! How have you been?”

Sooyoung reached for her hand and kissed it softly, making Nanny howled with laughter.

Nanny: “Still as charming as before I can see.”

Sooyoung laughed, even Taeyeon couldn’t help but smiled at her friend’s cheekiness.

Taeyeon: “Where’s umma? Nanny "

Sooyoung (looking around ) : “ And the forever beautiful Yoona?”

???: “She’s has grown to be more beautiful.” A young woman appeared at the door and said, smiling, as they all turned towards her in surprise. “I see you haven’t change Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung ( bow ): “ I’m still me. ”

“Where’s umma?” Taeyeon turned towards her and asked, as she stepped in for a warm hug.

Yoona: “ She’s busy preparing your favourite food in the kitchen. She’ll be pleased to see you Taeng.”

They stepped into the wide kitchen to see Mrs Kim stirring a pot of soup, wearing a pink apron, her beautiful brown hair twisted into a bun on her head. Seeing her mother busying herself over such things made Taeyeon suddenly feel a sense of gratitude towards her.

Nanny: “ Madam, Ms Taeyeon is here.”

Nanny informed her mistress, before leaving the kitchen to instruct the servants on what to do with the luggage.

“ Taeyeon ” Mrs Kim looked at her girl, smiling, her eyes b with tears, and pulled Taeyeon in for a long hug.

Taeyeon ( softly ): “ Umma ”

Closing her eyes at her mother’s warm, as if her warmth can wash away some of her pain away from her.

The pain that had stayed with and in her throughout the 3 years she was abroad..