Chapter 10

Second Chance..

NONE POV

She had looked up from her private table in the restaurant only to see her personal assistant plus secretary sitting at the opposite table with a rather handsome man.

Taeyeon: So, this was the reason why she had requested a half-day leave from me. She had forsaken her duties just to come dine in this restaurant with the guy who had suddenly appeared in front of us at the charity ball. I felt my eyes narrowed at the mere memory of her running into his open arms then.

It was obvious that Tiffany seemed engrossed in the conversation with her dining partner, for she seemed oblivious to Taeyeon existence in the same restaurant.

???: " Ms Kim, here is the contract that we have drawn up. Would you like to glance through it?" Taeyeon turned back to see her business associate looking quite fearfully at her.

Taeyeon: "Just explain the important details."

Taeyeon barely heard what the man was saying. She was rather interested to know the reason behind the sudden appearance of her ex-beau though. The man had chosen a perfect timing to appear in front of the press, providing them with lots of news to write nowadays.

"KIM MEETS RIVAL WITH APPEARANCE OF EX-BEAU"

"KIM & CHOI FIGHTING FOR THE AFFECTION OF KIM'S SECRETARY"

The headlines in the papers everyday were starting to irritate her. Tiffany had apologized already, but Taeyeon had shifted the blame to that Choi guy. They never had this kind of trouble before he appeared.

Taeyeon had realized that the man sitting with her had stopped talking, and was looking at her rather hopefully.

Taeyeon: " Come to my office tomorrow with the contract."

Taeyeon had to admit that not a bit of work got into her head. This was entirely that guy's fault that her secretary wasn't with her now to take down notes.

Before leaving the restaurant, Taeyeon had made a phone call. "Soo, help me check up that Choi guy."

---

Siwon: " Tiffany, I heard that you're working with the Kim's Corporation."

Siwon: " Is work fine there? Is she a good boss? "

Tiffany: " Everything is fine. I'm currently living with them also."

Siwon: " You must invite me to meet with your new family some other time."

Tiffany: " Sure! "

Tiffany: " So, what are your plans, now that you've decided to stay for good?"

Tiffany eyes widened, when he suddenly placed his hand over hers on the table.

Siwon: " I want to settle down and get married. Remember the days when we were together in the past? I want you back in my life Tiff."

Tiffany could only sit there in shock and looked up at him, stunned. She hadn't expected all this to be happening. When he had migrated to the States years ago, she had sobbed her heart out. But with him leaving, that had marked the end of their two year relationship.

With Siwon back again, she wasn't sure if they could still go back to the past. She knew that it was pointless of her to hold onto her feelings for Taeyeon, but it was something she couldn't help.

Her heart was still bleeding. But with Siwon back, will he be able to nurse her wound instead?

---

Sooyoung had been waiting in Taeyeon office already when she got back

Taeyeon: " I must really comment you on your effectiveness Soo."

Sooyoung (laugh) : " It wasn't hard with him appearing in the headlines with you everyday."

Sooyoung: " Remember the rumour days ago of YORK enterprise merging with us? That company belongs to that Choi guy."

Taeyeon: " It's his? "

Sooyoung (nodded): " Their shares prices have increased drastically over the few days. Within three days, their shares have increased by over three dollars. "

Sooyoung: " When we waved off the rumour the other time, their shares prices had stopped increasing, but when he appeared in front of the press the other day, they started rocketing upwards again. There can only be one possibility."

Taeyeon: " He's making use of Tiffany." 

Taeyeon had finished off for her, while Sooyoung nodded her head.

Sooyoung (uncertainly): " Should we tell her?"

Taeyeon: " We don't have proof. She might not believe us, we'll wait and see."

Taeyeon had smelled something fishy with Siwon appearing in front of the press, but she hadn't expect Siwon to drag Tiffany in. If Tiffany was to get hurt in the process, she wouldn't let Siwon off, and she wouldn't forgive herself too

She had hurt her once, without her admitting it, and she didn't want her to get hurt again because of her..

Sooyoung: " Since when did you get so involved in other people's business?" Sooyoung had asked casually when she left the office, turning back to give Taeyeon a teasing smile.