Chapter 7

Second Chance..

Taeyeon POV

Taeyeon ( Her eyes.. )

Why didn't I dare look at her eyes when we speak? Why didn't I dare talk to her in private, and why didn't I even dare to treat her as a friend?

Taeyeon: "Get me the file on our project with..."

Taeyeon: "What is my schedule for today..."

Taeyeon: "Arrange me an appointment with..."

Taeyeon: "Get me a coffee..."

That was all I spoke with her everyday. Despite the fact that we were living under the same roof, travel in the same posh car, work in the same company, with only a thin wall to separate them, our conversation only revolved around work, work, and still, work.

I would often walk around the house, and chanced upon Tiffany having deep conversations with my family members. Comparing me with them, by right, I should have the most things to talk about with her, but why does it seemed the other way around?

Tiffany ( laughing ): " You must be joking with me! How can such an absurd thing happen?"

They laughing over something that Umma and Yoona said.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Sooyoung joining them as well, making them laughed even louder. Why couldn't I do all that? Why couldn't I get over the wall built up in me?

" Questioning yourself? " A voice behind me asked, and I turned around to see Yoona smiling at me.

Sometimes, I couldn't help but feel that Yoona was the wisest and the most observant in the family. She was able to observe the smallest things that happen in the family. Most of the times however, I credit her ability to the fact that she isn't working, and is married to a honest and faithful person who loves her very much, giving her little things to trouble over.

----------------

Yoona: " Maybe the first step you should take is to overcome the Stephanie that has been living in you."

Watching the rest of her family laughing away in the living room.

Yoona: " Or should I say the Stephanie that has almost taken over your life."

Taeyeon: " Impossible. Telling me to forget her is the same as asking me to let her down. "

Yoona: " No one is asking you to forget her. I'm just asking you to try letting her live in your memories only, and not letting her death stop you from making friends or even meeting your future wife."

Taeyeon ( shook her head ): " I may not succeed at all. "

Yoona: " Then maybe what you can do now, is to at least not treat Tiffany as Stephanie, even though we all know that there are some qualities in Tiffany that is similar to her."

Yoona turned around and walk back to the living room, but stop half way.

Yoona: " You'll only scare Tiffany off, and make her want to know more by making frequent trips to her room at night."

Taeyeon stared at her retreating back, her eyes wide opened, her heart filled with nothing but admiration for this sister of her's.

Taeyeon ( shouted ): " YAH! Have you been spying on me?"

Yoona turned around and gave her a shrug, with a teasing smile on her face.

-----------

Tiffany knew she was free to walk around this huge house, but there was a place that was out of reach to her.

Taeyeon's room.

She wasn't really told that she couldn't enter that room, but Taeyeon mere presence in the house already kept her off the room. There were a few times when she came close to Taeyeon room, but whenever she was contemplating if she should entered it, somebody would always appear, drawing her thoughts away from it.

Tiffany: "Yoona, why is it that she's always appearing in my room at night?"

Yoona turned to look at her with surprise, while Tiffany looked at her curiously.

Yoona: " You mean Taeng? "

Yoona ( Was she the right person to let her know? Yoona questioned her rights on this matter. She was considered only an outsider in Taeyeon's story. But being Taeyeon sister, does it give her the rights to divulge information? )

Yoona: " Can you do me a favour by fetching my favourite novel from Taeng's room?"

Tiffany stared at Yoona blankly, while she made her request.

Tiffany: " Your favourite novel? "

Yoona: " Dae, my novel. It’s in the book shelf in her room."

Yoona shoo her out of the room towards Taeyeon's room.

Tiffany ( protested ): " But you haven't told me the name of the book? "

Tiffany turn around to ask again, but only to find the door closing in her face.

-------------------

Tiffany POV

I walked slowly to the door of Taeyeon room, pouting. I knocked on the door twice, but there wasn't any answer. Still feeling slightly put off by Yoona's request, I turned the doorknob and opened the door, entering the room.

"Mianhae, I'm here to fetch Yoona's novel..." I said as I entered the room, but was cut off by something I saw that was hanging on the wall.

Gasping softly, I slowly made my way towards the picture, my eyes staring with shock at the contents of the huge canvas. With my trembling hand, I reached out slowly to touch the picture of the girl, while the other hand of mine covered my mouth with shock.

Tiffany: " Is my eyes playing a trick on me? 

I looked up at the girl in the picture again.

I was in total shock, when my eyes wandered over to the person beside the girl in the picture, unconsciously taking a step backward when I saw who the person was.

Tiffany ( muttered ): " It cannot be... Cannot be. "

I turned around and was about to run out of the room, when I caught the sight of her standing at the doorway, watching me.

Taeyeon: " What are you doing here? "