Chapter 4

Second Chance..

Tiffany POV

Tiffany eyes swept around the living room nervously, her hands clasped together tightly. What was wrong with this family? Tiffany wondered to herself. They were treating her as if she was some kind of an exhibited object! She was desperately finding things to look at; the sweeping stair case, the ceiling, the diamond chandelier, the portraits in the house, etc. With so many eyes staring at her as if she was from outer space, 4 pairs in fact, Tiffany couldn't help but felt that maybe she shouldn't have accepted the job after all.

Tiffany: "Erm..." ( She muttered nervously, trying to hint that everybody should just quit staring. )

" Yes? " They all said in unison, moving closer towards her instead, their eyes never once blinked or left her face.

"Maybe..." Tiffany tried again after clearing , but quickly surrendered when she saw that this family had no plans of letting her off the staring. Even the butler was trying to catch a second glimpse of her at the door.

God! She felt like fainting at this moment.

Mrs Kim ( smile ): " Just relax, no worries.. "

Tiffany: ( Relax? Can somebody please teach me how to relax with 4 pairs of eyes staring at me around the coffee table in the living room? )

???: " What's your name? "

Tiffany: " Tiff... Tiffany." She replied timidly, and before she could catch her breath, another person asked her.

???: " How old are you? "

That sparked off the firing of questions at her.

???: " Where do you live? "

???: " Do you have a twin? "

???: " Are you dead or alive? "

Tiffany ( Mutter, eyes widening.): " Dead or Alive?! "

Tiffany ( smiling awkwardly ): " Erm, there are no tombs or graves under my name currently, so currently I'm alive."

???: " What are you doing here? " The questions continued, not giving Tiffany a second to breathe.

Tiffany almost collapsed at the end of the day. She was so tired answering their questions that she was leaning back against the sofa, taking in deep breaths.

???: "Have a drink Miss Hwang." A beautiful young woman told her, handing her a glass of water, smiling. "I hope you don't mind us asking you so many questions. We just thought that you resembled someone we knew."

Tiffany: " I understand. "

???: " You're sure you don't have a twin? "

Tiffany: " I'm very sure." She gulped down the water and replied, nodding her head.

???: " No illnesses or lost of memory these few years? "

Tiffany: " I am perfectly healthy and remember who I am all these twenty five years that I've lived."

???: " A good sense of humour. Not bad. I'm Sooyoung. "

Taeyeon POV

Yuri: " What is she doing her Umma? "

Mrs Kim: " I hired her to be Taeyeon's personal assistant. I thought that she would need some help here and at work."

Taeyeon ( eyes widening ): " My personal assistant? "

Tiffany was caught back by surprise with this women. While the others had continuously questioned her, she didn't ask her anything. She was just sitting there opposite her quietly. One thing strange though, her eyes never left her face. Whenever she accidentally looked up at Taeyeon, Tiffany didn't know why, but she felt a sense of sadness and loneliness when she looked into her eyes.

Taeyeon: " What would you use to describe your life?"

Taeyeon leant forward, staring straight into her eyes, while the rest kept quiet, waiting for her answer.

Taeyeon question threw her off guard, and she looked up at her slowly, before answering with a smile.

Tiffany ( smile ): " A rainbow. "

Taeyeon eyes flickered for a moment, and for a second, Tiffany felt that she saw pain behind that pair of sad and lonely eyes.

Taeyeon ( whisper ): " Waeyo? "

Tiffany: "I want my life to be as colourful as the colours of the rainbow."

Taeyeon: " You're hired. " Taeyeon closed her eyes painfully and said, before standing up and left the group.

Taeyeon: " Report for work tomorrow here at half-past eight sharp. "

---

Later that night...

Taeyeon was dreaming, and this time, she opened her eyes to find herself surrounded by darkness again. Suddenly, the whole place was lit with bright light from the sun, and the dark ground was replaced with green pasture filled with beautiful flowers.

"Look at that rainbow Tae!" She heard Stephanie say behind her. Turning around, she saw Stephanie pointing at a rainbow in the sky, her face smiling with happiness.

Stephanie:  "My life is like the rainbow! Filled with so many colours!"

"Rainbow... Colours..." Taeyeon muttered to herself, while Stephanie skipped around the grass, laughing.

"My life is like the rainbow! Filled with so many colours!" Stephanie words echoed in her head.

"Like a rainbow... Many colours..." Stephanie words echoed, getting softer and softer.