Chapter 14

Second Chance..

NONE POV

"CHOI SIWON DECLARED BANKRUPT WITH YORK ENTERPRISE BUSTED"

"YORK ENTERPRISE had gone busted with Kim's Corporation snapping up their shares in less than an hour. With no remaining confidence in the company, shareholders had withdrawn their funds in YORK, causing KIM to buy over the enterprise, kicking Choi out of the picture. Choi Siwon is said to be missing at the moment, but sources have revealed that he might have fled back to the States, after losing his family business. Up till date, Kim's Corporation has secured its number one position in the business world with the largest profits earned every year. All this was contributed to the effort of Kim Taeyeon, the youngest inheritor and most eligible bachelor of the century..."

Sooyoung threw her friend the papers, after reading out loud the headlines of the day, while Taeyeon just threw it aside.

Sooyoung: " Sometimes your actions really make me wonder what you're thinking of. But anyway, we have managed to rake in a couple of millions with the exit of YORK."

Taeyeon: "Where is he?"

Sooyoung: "My researchers have just told me that he had indeed fled back to the States. Seems to me he's trying to turn to his uncle for help. Do you want me to ring up our branch over there?"

Taeyeon: "Offer his uncle any business deal to turn away that bastard."

Sooyoung(nodded): "Will you forgive me if I ask you what that bastard has done?".

Taeyeon: "Waeyo? You never questioned my actions."

Sooyoung(smile): "Curiosity kills the cat."

Taeyeon hesitated for a moment, before deciding that there was no harm telling Sooyoung what happened.

Taeyeon: "That bastard nearly her."

Sooyoung's eyes widened for a moment, before whispering: " Tiffany?! "

Taeyeon nodded her head, her heart filled with nothing but hatred for Siwon. She couldn't wait to shred him into pieces.

Sooyoung(cursed): "Holy ! That guy ought to be castrated!. Where is Tiffany now?"

Taeyeon: "She has gone to visit her mother."

Butler: "Ms Kim, Miss Lee is here to see you."

The butler bowed lowly and said, while Sooyoung choked on her coffee, spilling some of it on her napkin.

Sooyoung: "Miss Lee? Sunny Lee?" 

Sooyoung questioned, wiping with the napkin on her lap, while the butler nodded his head.

Sooyoung: "Isn't she supposed to be in New York studying?"

Taeyeon(muttered): "I thought so too." 

Sooyoung(laughed): "Her father would kill her if he knows that she's back."

Sunny: "TAEYEON!!!" 

Sunny had practically half-bounced and half-skipped into the living room, throwing herself into Taeyeon arms.

Sunny(enthusiastically): "How are you?"

Taeyeon sighed and shook her head at sunny unique entrance, while Sooyoung howled with laughter at the side.

Sunny(whined): "You too Soo! I missed you two so so much!" throwing her arms around Sooyoung's neck, hugging her too.

Taeyeon: "Does your father know that you're back?"

Sunny: "Aniyo, Daddy's going to blow his top when he knows, but he won't be angry with me for long."

Sooyoung(laughed): "Looks like our little princess still hasn't change. Still as haughty as before."

Taeyeon: "So what brings you back?"

Sunny: "I'm here to visit you."

Sooyoung: "Please don't tell me you're planning to stay here."

Sooyoung prayed aloud, while Sunny hit her with her handbag.

Sooyoung: " Please don't! "

Sunny(smirk): "If you can stay here, of course I can too! Right Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon: nodded her head, while Sooyoung can only sighed loudly.

Sunny: "Taengoo never says no to me."

Sooyoung(scowled): "Brat!"

Nanny: "Miss Tiffany's back."

Nanny came in and told them, while the butler opened the door for her.

Sunny looked on as the girl called Tiffany walked in, smiling, while she froze in her seat.

They had been right after all. The papers had been right. They were really so alike that anyone could be easily mistaken.

But then again, Sunny saw the way Taeyeon's face lit up when she walked in. The way she gestured for Tiffany to sit beside her, and the way she talked to her. Taeyeon had indeed changed, Sunny thought to herself.

Sooyoung chuckled softly at the look on Sunny's face, and cleared , starting the introduction.

Sooyoung: " Tiffany, this is Sunny. Sunny Lee."

Sunny just gave her a brief smile, while Tiffany smiled back awkwardly. There was something cold about her eyes that made Tiffany felt uneasy.

Taeyeon raised her eyebrow: "Waeyo? What's wrong Sunny? You're usually very warm to strangers."

Sunny just looked away.

Sunny: "I'm going up to my room. Soo, show me where is it." She stood up and said, pulling Sooyoung along with her, ignoring the protests.

Tiffany(sadly): "She doesn't seem to like me."

Taeyeon: "I think she's just tired after her flight. She's usually very warm, very talkative."

Tiffany(smiled): "I'm sure I'll be great friends with her."

Taeyeon: "You will. Sunny should like you a lot by right."

Tiffany turned and looked at her, surprise at what she had said.

Taeyeon: "She's Stephanie's stepsister."

---

SUNNY POV

I stormed into the room, plopping myself down angrily on the bed. Why am I feeling this way? I really wanted to lash out at that girl downstairs, but a part of me was unwilling to do so. In fact, that part of me wanted very much to be friends with Tiffany, but the other part was unwilling to do so.

I had traveled all the way to New York three years ago to accompany Taeyeon. I wanted to share her pain, her sadness. Despite my father's protests, I had insisted in studying there. No matter how I tried though, the smile that I was waiting for never appeared on Taeyeon face. That was until I decided to return. She had changed totally.

Taeyeon was no longer who she was three years ago. She was like a rose with thorns then, pricking anyone who tried coming near her, but now, the thorns weren't there anymore. Taeyeon was so much friendlier now. The snapping was gone, the coldness was gone. In place, however was a sense of warmth and gentleness.

Gentleness that I had never received from her.

Sooyoung(asked carefully): "Sunny, the actual reason why you're back is because of Tiffany right?"

Sunny: "How do you know?"

I asked in a tone that was completely different from what I had used downstairs with Taeyeon just now.

Sooyoung: "Because of this."

Sooyoung showed me the magazine she found lying in my open bag.

I looked up with tears in my eyes at the magazine she was holding, the headlines printed boldly on the cover page with a picture of Taeyeon and Tiffany.

"APPEARANCE OF KIM'S PERSONAL ASSISTANT PLUS SECRETARY SHOCKED NOT ONLY THE BUSINESS WORLD, BUT ALSO FAMILY & FRIENDS!"