Chapter 8

Second Chance..

Taeyeon POV

Taeyeon: " What are you doing here? "

That was the last thing Tiffany heard Taeyeon say when she closed her eyes, falling backwards.

I had managed to catch hold of her in time, before she fell onto the floor hard. Looking down at the unconscious body in my arms, and carried her to my bed, putting her down gently, careful not to hurt her.

I'm I that scary, such that she fainted the moment she saw me? I sat on an armchair beside the bed, watching her. Her eyes were closed, but I still could tell that something was disturbing her. Her whole face was tensed up, and her hands were gripping onto the silky bed sheets tightly.

Seeing her like this, made me felt a sudden ache in my heart, I leant forward to brush her hair away from her face gently. Before I knew what was happening, and before I could stop himself, my fingers traveled down to her cheeks slowly and made their way to her lips.

My eyes widened slightly when her eyes suddenly fluttered open, and I quickly drew back my hands as she sat up on my bed.

Tiffany POV

Taeyeon: " You're awake. "

I turned towards her, not realizing where I'm was.

I shake my head to clear my vision, and was slightly surprised to see Taeyeon watching me.

Tiffany: " What happened? "

Taeyeon: "You fainted."

I try to recall back the reason behind it, but I need not search far, as for the moment I looked up ahead, reason is staring back straight right onto my face.

~~~~~

Tiffany ( whispered ): " How could it be..."

Taeyeon looked up at the picture, before turning to look at Tiffany.

Taeyeon: "The truth is just right in front of us. You do look like her."

Tiffany: "That explains why everyone was looking at me as if I was some type of exhibited object. And that's why you didn't dare look at me in the eye."

Surprised to hear what Tiffany just said, Taeyeon looked up at her and caught her smiling back at him. Taeyeon didn't know why she looked away the instant their eyes met, and she didn't know why deep down inside her, she felt that what Tiffany had just said was wrong.

Taeyeon ( Was that the true reason why I didn't dare look at her? It must be.. )

Taeyeon convinced herself hard in mind, while deep down she knew that it sounded doubtful.

Tiffany ( sighed ): " She's really beautiful you know. Beautiful in a spiritual way. She practically glows when I looked at her in the picture. "

Taeyeon had to agree with her. Stephanie face was sparkling with radiance whenever she smiled. Taeyeon couldn't help smiling to herself when she gazed at the picture infront of her.

Tiffany ( laughed ): " Smiling really can make a difference to your life and to the people around you.

Taeyeon looked at her in amusement and confuse.

Tiffany: " I'm referring to you. "

Taeyeon ( amused ): " Bwoh? Me? "

Tiffany ( gesturing towards the picture ): " The real you is the one in the picture. Not the one here beside me now."

Tiffany make her way off Taeyeon bed, when she grabbed on her wrist.

Taeyeon: " You really resembled Stephanie in a lot of ways."

Taeyeon told her, while her other hand Tiffany face gently, while she just stared at Taeyeon, stunned, unsure of what to do.

There was nothing Tiffany could have done. She was kneeling on the edge of Taeyeon bed, while she stood beside her, Taeyeon form bending down towards her as she spoke and her face. This was the second time they had come this close to each other, and each time they were this close, she felt a rush of warmth through her heart.

Taeyeon ( whispered ): " Too alike the both of you.. Too alike... "

Tiffany widened her eyes in surprise as Taeyeon closed her eyes and pressed her lips against hers, both Taeyeon hands held onto hers tightly between them. Tiffany gasped softly, and Taeyeon took this chance to part slightly open with her's, her tongue meeting hers.

Powerful. Taeyeon kisses were so powerful that Tiffany didn't have the strength or urge to resist. Every kiss made her body tingled in sensation, as the tingling sensation was sent from all the way down to her toes. The way Taeyeon captured in her's, made her feel weak in her knees, making her want to submit herself to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon had released her hands, hands wandering to Tiffany back instead, while Tiffany wrapped her arms around her neck, pulling Taeyeon closer to her.

It was only when Taeyeon slipped her hands under Tiffany shirt, then her eyes snapped open. Taeyeon was placing light kisses on her neck, and was on the verge of removing her shirt when she pushed her back abruptly.

Taeyeon eyes snapped open, as she staggered back a few steps, her mind in a whirl at what had just happened, or what had nearly happened. Looking at her kneeling on the bed in shock, breathing deeply, Taeyeon felt a sudden rush of guilt towards her.

Did Taeyeon treat her as Stephanie a while ago when she kissed her, or did Taeyeon actually want to kiss her? Feeling a sharp pain in her head, Taeyeon closed her eyes tightly, not knowing the answer herself.

Seeing Taeyeon closing her eyes tightly, Tiffany knew that she was overcome with guilt and pain. Feeling her heart aching with pain for both herself and Taeyeom

Tiffany asked softly: " Who were you kissing just now? "

Taeyeon: " I don't know."

Tiffany closed her eyes in pain at Taeyeon answer. Even-though Tiffany had expected her to say that, it still came on as painful to her. Opening them again, she got out of bed and walked towards Taeyeon, surprising the both of them with her actions.

Taeyeon stood there, stunned, not knowing what to do when Tiffany wrapped her arms around her waist, hugging her.

Tiffany: " I just want to ease away the pain and guilt in you. "

However it was making Taeyeon feel even guiltier toward Tiffany.

Touched at her attempt and comfort, Taeyeon circled her arms around Tiffany slender waist, pulling her close to her body tightly, desperate for the warmth emitting from within her. Tiffany closed her eyes when she felt Taeyeon hold her tight. It was only then did Tiffany feel that she was actually getting herself into trouble. With her heart aching for Taeyeon. However, Tiffany dismissed the troubles she might faced, hoping that one day, Taeyeon will see her as truly herself, and not Stephanie.

Taeyeon ( murmured ): " Do you know what you're getting yourself into? I can't guarantee that what I feel is love for you, and I can't guarantee that I can forget Steph. I can't promise you anything Fany-ah."

Tiffany ( softly ): " I just know that when I see you hurting inside, I feel ten times the pain you're feeling."

Tiffany gazing up into her eyes, while Taeyeon pulled her back into her arms tightly, not wanting to let her go.

At this special moment, Taeyeon felt something stirring in her heart.

Something that she hasn’t experienced for three years.

Something that made her wants to hold Tiffany in her arms forever, to protect her.

Something she wasn’t sure if it was called love.