ChangJo (1)

TEEN TOP ONESHOTS

IN LOVE WITH THE WRONG ONES

_________________________

Jealousy filled me as i watched the two of them snapped pictures together. I couldn't help but cringe at them. Ricky gave Nana a back hug as Nana held out her phone. They've been doing that since they first stepped into the classroom. 

Then I felt someone softly nudge my shoulder.

"Don't stare at them." ChangJo warned me.

I sulked and turned my attention back to the banner that we were making.

We were all the same age, all from the same class and most definitely all in love with the wrong ones. Everything was not the way it should be. Well, in the past, Ricky liked me, Nana liked ChangJo, ChangJo liked another girl in school. As for me.... i used to like nobody. We four were buddies but then my words caused us to break slightly apart.

"What makes you think that I’m going to have a boyfriend now?" I laughed it off when Ricky asked me who i liked. After that day, Ricky seemed to ignore me and spent more time with Nana instead. ChangJo noticed the slight change of attitude in Ricky and he knew exactly why.

"Did you know that Ricky has loved you since year two?"

That made me realize what i had done. I broke a guy's heart and now you had to face Jealousy.

 

Time slowly passed and Ricky started to fall for Nana and so did she. They spent their minutes together, neither wanted to separate. I felt sick seeing them being all lovey dovey to each other. ChangJo just shrugged his shoulders when they announced them being official. It was all so messed up. The four of us suddenly had a line cutting us apart. ChangJo didn't seem to mind as long as we were all still friends, he wouldn't want to break that.  

 

That particular afternoon, we decided to make the class banner for the upcoming inter class dance competition. You were in charge of cutting out the letters to paste for the banner, ChangJo was sticking it on. Ricky and Nana were supposed to be helping with the decorations but then it ended up the two of you doing everything. 

"Hey, we're going to grab something to eat. Want something?" Ricky asked as he held onto Nana's hand.

I kept quiet. ChangJo observed me for a while before replying, "We'll grab something later." 

"Alright. We'll be back soon." Ricky waved. 

"Bye!" Nana giggled and the two of them walked out of the classroom. 

 

Silence filled the air as i tried to paste the stickers on the piece of cloth. I was somewhat venting my anger on that poor cloth, harshly slamming those stickers on. I gritted my teeth as the stickers came off and it made my blood rush through my veins. ChangJo's eyes widened as he grabbed both my wrists and stopped me. 

"You're ruining it!" He gave me a stern face; well, he hardly shows any emotions anyway. 

ChangJo grabbed a chair and pushed me down on it. 

"I'll do the pasting. Just continue cutting the letters." ChangJo ordered. 

I heard the annoyance in his voice and just nod my head. 

 

ChangJo sighed and went to back to the banner. I was blindly cutting the letters out and then accidentally cut myself. I dropped the scissors and winced in pain. ChangJo turned back at the sound of the scissors colliding with the floor and then saw the blood on my index finger. 

"Yah! What happened?" He ran next to me and took my finger closer to him. 

"Ah. It's nothing." I wanted to yank it back but ChangJo held firm of it. 

My eye brows were pinched together as ChangJo looked around to find something to wipe the blood off. 

"There's a packet of tissue in my bag." I used my other hand to point to my grey bag at the corner of the room. 

ChangJo reached down his pocket and took out a piece of tissue and wrapped it around my finger. 

"Hold it, I'm going to get a plaster for that." ChangJo simply said and walked out of the room. 

 

I sat down there and sighed. Then, I hopped off the table and looked out of the window. I was still putting pressure on my cut. The sky was turning orange as the sun began to set. Birds were flying across the sky and the scenery was breath taking even though there were just the same buildings I had been seeing for countless times. 

"I'm Back." I heard ChangJo's soft voice beside my ear. I slightly jumped and turned around in the process. 

ChangJo wasted no more time as he took my finger and wrapped the plaster around it, covering the cut. I just stood still as he did it for me. His expression was always the same; focused and hardly any expression. After he was done, I looked at your finger then to him. 

"Thank you ChangJo." I smiled. 

A small smile tugged on his lips and he gazed at me. 

"Are you feeling okay?" ChangJo was somewhat trying to search me through his eyes. 

I raised a brow and playfully smiled, "Why wouldn't i be?"

"Ricky..." He started off and I stiffened. My smile faded away as i understood what he meant by 'Are you feeling okay?'. 

 

I took a second to find the right response, "Some things just happens for a reason.." 

ChangJo just nodded. I stole a quick glance at the clock hanging on the wall of the classroom. It was already 6pm. I turned back to ChangJo. 

"Should we pack up? I'm Hungry. Seems like those two love birds aren't coming back anyways." i suggested. ChangJo tilted his head and then shrugged his shoulders. Whenever he does that he literally mean 'Yeah, alright.' I knew him that well. As we cleaned up i asked him what he was craving for at the moment. 

"What? Am I a pregnant lady? Craving for food." He chuckled. 

I laughed along, "I don't know. I'm craving for something...warm yet sweet.." 

ChangJo stopped packing for a while and zone out. 

"Warm yet sweet?" He scratched his head. "Hot chocolate?"

I gave it a though, "Hmm... I was thinking of Ddukbokki."

"That's cool. Ddukbokki it is. Hurry up, i'm starving" ChangJo quickened his pace.

"Yes sir"

 

________________________

 

The two of us walked out of the school together; carrying the bags of the materials for the banner. We took the short cut down the steep slope towards the shops in the neighborhood. I was excitedly skipping down the streets not wanting to wait any longer.

"Hurry up ChangJo! I'm Hungry!!" I half yelled and motioned for him to come over.

He smiled and walked faster and the two of us walked into the Ddukbokki shop that was popular among the students from my school. The Ajumma there was really generous to the students and public alike. Everyone enjoyed eating there. I searched the place for an empty seat then that was when i saw Ricky and Nana feeding each other and having the time of their lives. I felt a weird feeling inside myself. I tugged on ChangJo's sleeve as i turned around.

"Let's not eat ddukbokki. I lost my appetite." I mumbled before walking out of the shop. 

ChangJo watched as I walked back down the streets. He looked at the customers and saw what I saw. He sighed once again and ran after me. He grabbed my arm and spun me around. 

"How long are you going to avoid them?" His voice was impatient," Does he make you that miserable? You're better than that! You said it yourself, some things happen for a reason."

I just stood there avoiding his eyes. Then he cupped my chin and looked at me.

 

"If it really happens for a reason.. Then the reason is that you deserve someone else deserves you. I like you ~~~~~-ah! Scratch that! I'm MADLY in LOVE with you! Can't you see that?! I thought i could stop loving you since Ricky liked you first. I backed off, but now seeing your hurt because of him. It makes me lose my mind. Stop this! You're not like this! Forget about him! I want you to be mine. I want you to think of only me." ChangJo cried out his frustration. 

 

*Is he confessing?!*  My brain wasn't really functioning well since i was hungry. I blinked at him as his face was as serious as ever. 

"Y-you...what?" I continued to blink at him. 

"I LOVE YOU!" He yelled out causing passer bys to look at us.

 

I panicked and covered his mouth. My face was obviously blushing as my face was starting to warm up. People were starting to crowd around. I felt ChangJo smile even if my hand was covering his mouth. I quickly took his hand and dragged him away; to a much more peaceful place. I took a random turn and ended up at a small alley way in the middle of the tall buildings. ChangJo stood there still grinning. I knew I was still blushing, I felt knots in my stomach. 

"D-don't do that anymore! That was embarrassing." I bit my lower lip and covered my face. 

Then I heard ChangJo laugh, I looked at him laughing his off. 

 

"What? It’s funny?" I pouted. He just continued laughing. 

"That's it I'm out." I took a step but ChangJo yanked me to him. 

"Hey....I just told you the three special words.. What's your reply?" 

"I-I-I..." I was gaping at him. 

"I-I-I~ what?" He imitated me. 

"I'm sorry." I said and his smile fell. 

"Its okay.." He sadly let go of me and looked down. 

"Yah. I meant I'm sorry for making you feel that way. I didn't thought that you had feelings for me. You told us you liked some other girl in school." I punched his chest.

He touched his chest and then pinched the bridge of my nose, "Well missy! That girl was you!"  

"Ouch!" I winced, "Well if that's the way you treat your girlfriend then I'm out." 

But he was quick and wrapped his arms around my waist, "What did i hear?" His tone was playful. 

"What?" I pretended to be angry. 

"I want to hear that word again." His face came closer to mine. 

"What word?" I was stuttering slightly. 

"My G---" He gave me a hint.

"Your Girlfriend?" I guessed.

"My girlfriend..." He beamed and i just smiled back as we stood in that position. His forehead was resting against mine.

 

"So you're my girlfriend now right?" ChangJo quietly asked. I nodded. 

"You won't run off to Ricky right?" He asked again. I shook my head.

"You love me right?" He continued with his questions.

I paused.

His expression panicked. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I love you." 

 

____________________

 

THANK YOU FOR READING. 

 

CONGRATS TO TEEN TOP FOR THEIR 2ND WIN ^^