Niel (2)

TEEN TOP ONESHOTS

I DON'T LIKE YOU, I LOVE YOU

Please pardon any grammar or spelling mistake >< 

__________________________________

Niel was sitting in History class oblivious to the teacher who was conducting the lesson about the Korean War. Boring. His eyes and ears were all on the girl that was sitting in front of him. The one and only girl he has every liked in his life. Choi Junhee, she was one of the girls that most boys in school would do anything to have her. She and her friends were part of the popular bunch, the ones right at the top of the food-chain. Niel? He was just a normal kid. Not too popular, not much of a loser either. He had a few close friends but none from the popular bunch. That was the only wall that was in between them.

The bell rang and Niel sighed. When will she ever notice me? It was the end of the day and school ended. Niel took his bad and trudged out of the door after Junhee and her friends left.
“Still after her?” He felt a hand on his shoulder and look over.
YoungJae stood there following his gaze. Niel weakly nod his head.
Another stood next to Niel, “Look dude, just find someone else. She’s one of em’ popular girls. We’ll never get them.”  DongHo tried to knock some sense into Niel.

How can I when she already stole my heart?

YoungJae chuckled and brought his arm around Niel’s shoulders.
“Let’s grab something to eat.” DongHo suggested, “I’m starving.”
YoungJae nodded too as he patted his tummy.
Niel sighed in defeat and looked at his friends. “Let’s go – My treat.”

“ALRIGHT!” 

~~~***~~~

The three good friends headed to the fast-food restaurant near the school. When they arrived, the whole place was packed with students from their school and also the other school at the other end of the road. YoungJae searched the place for any vacancy and found one. The three headed over but then realized the some of the popular kids from their school were seated right next to them. Niel gulped seeing Junhee. Their eyes met for a second and Niel jerked back before shifting his gaze.

Dongho nudge him, “Still want to eat here? We can grab some cup noodles or something.” Niel cleared his throat and shook his head. “Let’s just eat here.”

YoungJae and DongHo glanced at each other then shrugged their shoulders. Niel decided to sit in while they ordered their food with the money Niel gave them. He was shifting uncomfortable in his seat as he felt the popular group stealing glances at him then laughing. His lower lips pursed a little. What’s so funny? Hmph. Niel fumbled with his fingers he had nothing else to do in that awkward moment. Then the chairs were dragged and the popular group stood up, getting ready to leave. Niel dig inside his school bag trying to look like he was occupied with something. The group went off and the noise level was slightly lower than before. Then he noticed DongHo and YoungJae coming over.

“Is it just me or does it feels like a library in here.” YoungJae joked. 
DongHo laughed, “They’re like a real zoo with all that noise.”
Niel slumped in his chair. He could finally relax.
YoungJae handed Niel his burger and they started eating. DongHo was chewing his burger when he noticed a pink phone on the other table that the popular group sat at. He walked over to the table and took the phone. Niel and YoungJae stopped eating as they observed DongHo.

DongHo checked the phone and his eyes widened.

“NIEL! IT’S JUNHEE’S PHONE!”
“What?!” Niel and YoungJae chimed.

~~~***~~~

-6pm in the evening- Niel’s house:

 Niel was staring at the pink phone on his study table. It was unbelievable. Niel stretched his hand out to touch the phone. He knew he should return it but it was a Friday and he wouldn’t be seeing her until Monday at School. There were no calls on the phone either, so thought he should just wait for her to call him.

Carefully he pushed the center button of the smart-phone. The phone lit up and the lock screen appeared. Niel observed the wallpaper, a picture of herself smiling. His heart fluttered at the sight of his crush but a part of it felt disappointed but he pushed it away as he ruffled his own hair. Of course she doesn’t have a picture of you. Why would you be on her wallpaper?!  Niel groaned in frustration and took his own phone out. He pushed the button and there was a picture of Junhee smiling among her group of friends. Niel sneakily took a picture of her in History class when she wasn’t looking. Looking at the picture again, Niel felt like a stalker.

“I should delete this picture…” He mumbled to himself as he fumbled with his own phone. His screen showed ‘delete: Yes or No’. He paused. “But it’s the only picture I have of her…”  Niel sighed.

Delete.

Don’t delete.

Delete?

“ARGH!! This is so frustrating!” He yelled and started throwing a tantrum.
Knock Knock. “Daniel? Are you okay dear?” He heard his mother’s voice at the other side of his bedroom door. Niel jerked in his seat and straightened up.

“I’m okay!” he yelled back.
He heard his mother’s footsteps walking off and he heaved a sigh. I’m losing my own sanity. Niel clutched on his head. Suddenly, a loud ringtone was turned off and Niel looked at Junhee’s phone. Someone was calling her phone; the name was not familiar to Niel. He quickly snatched the phone without thinking twice and answered it.

“Hello?” He spoke to the receiver.
The line was silent for a while before a guy’s voice replied, “Who are you?”
Niel gulped, “Uh… I’m not the owner of this phone.”
“Obviously.”
Niel started getting nervous.
“Why do you have my girlfriend’s phone?” The guy spoke again.
Niel’s eyes rounded, “G-Girlfriend?”

“Yeah, this is my girlfriend’s phone. May I know why it is with you?” Niel was starting to get intimidated by the guy’s voice.
“I..I..”

“Speak up kid!”

Niel flinched.

“Oppa, you’re scaring him.” A girl’s voice was heard from the other line.
“He should be scared for taking your phone.” The guy half yelled.

Junhee’s there?

“Can I talk to Junhee?” Niel timidly asked.
“Wh-”
“Oppa give me the phone.” Junhee’s voice spoke again.

There was a sudden pause before Niel could her noise of the phone being passed to the Junhee.
“Hello? Junhee here. You seem to know me, do I know you?”  Her angelic voice sounded like music to Niel’s ears.

“I’m…I’m Ahn Daniel… I’m in the same history class as you.”

“Oh! Daniel-ssi! I’m glad that it’s you who found my phone.” Junhee sighed in relief.

“Y-yeah, you left it back at the fast food restaurant during lunch.”

“Thank you for keeping my phone for me, umm…” Junhee paused, “Can we meet tomorrow morning? I need my phone for the weekend… please?”

Niel hesitated for a while. “Uh sure, where should we meet?”

“Starlight Café at 10am. Is that okay for you?”

“Yeah, sure.”

“Great! I’ll see you tomorrow then Daniel.”

Beep Beep Beep; the line went dead.

“Yeah…tomorrow,” Niel whispered.

 

~~~***~~~

 

It was a quite chilly morning and the sun was barely up. Niel was strolling around the area near the café since he was early by an hour. He’s an early bird. He was lazily walking, looking around. He glanced at the time; he still had a good 45 minutes left. He reached down into his pocket to make sure Junhee’s phone was safe. At the thought of Junhee, his heard sank a little.

She’s taken….

His mind began to wonder off and he accidentally bumped into a guy who looked like he was in his 20s. His body was well built and his height was roughly the same as Niel’s.
“What’s your problem?” The guy gave Niel a look.
 Then he noticed a girl clinging onto the guy’s arm, “You’re scaring the cute kid.”
She gave Niel a sly smile. “I’m sorry.” Niel bowed his head in respect.
“You better be! You’re lucky I’m in a rush!” He yelled at Niel.

The girl pouted and clung onto him like her life depended on it.
“Do you really have to go to that ugly hag?” She whined.
Niel had no idea why he was still standing there observing them.
The guy her cheek, “I’m just playing with her babe. You know you’re the only one who can pleasure me.”

Urgh Niel cringed.


“Alright, fine. I’ll be at home.” She finally releases her grip on him. He gave her a quick peck and then turned to Niel.
“What are you looking at?!” He growled before walking off.

Niel stumbled back slightly but raised a brow. Niel shrugged his shoulders and continued taking his morning stroll towards the café.

At 10am sharp, Niel found himself standing in front of Starlight café. His heart was beating furiously and his palms were sweating. He checked his pocket for the phone and took a deep breath.

This is it
Bells rang as Niel opened the door to the café. His eyes searched the cozy area and finally he saw Junhee sitting at a corner. Immediately he lit up like a Christmas tree but then his hopes crumbled down as he noticed a guy sitting opposite her. However, the guy’s back view looked familiar, too familiar. Niel frowned as he approached them but his eyes were particularly on the guy.

“Oh, Daniel-ssi! You’re here.” Junhee cheerfully greeted him.

Niel’s eyes widened as he saw the guy’s face. The guy met eye with Niel and his facial expression hardened.
“This…is you’re classmate?” He eyed Niel.

Niel on the other hand couldn’t believe his eyes. The man who was with that other girl just a few minutes ago was sitting in front of Junhee.

“Yes, this is Daniel and Daniel, this is my boyfriend Youngwon Oppa.” Junhee introduced them to each other.
Youngwon eyed Niel and held out his hand, “Nice to meet you.”
Niel was confused but he accepted the hand shake anyways, “Yeah…”

Niel and Youngwon were having a staring contest with Youngwon trying to read Niel’s mind.
“Do you know me?” Youngwon raised a brow as a smirk form on his lips.

Niel froze. His mind was jumbled up.
“Ah Y…No. I don’t think so.”  Niel croaked.

Junhee then gestured for Niel to sit down. Niel awkwardly sat down and remained silent as he felt Youngwon eyeing him.

“So, uh… Daniel-ssi, you have my phone?” Junhee asked.
Niel snapped out of it and finally remember why he was there in the first place. “Right, phone…” Niel searched through his pocket and gave Junhee her phone, “Here you go.”

“Thank you so much! I’m so relieved. I should treat you for a thank you very much. What would you like?” Junhee asked Niel.
Niel shook his head and hands at the same time, “Ah, it’s okay. I shouldn’t disturb you anymore. I’ll just go first.”

Niel wanted to stand back up but Youngwon grabbed his arm and held it firmly in his grasp. Niel winced but he didn’t show it.

“Why don’t you stick around for a while?” Youngwon snickered.

Junhee agreed, “Oppa, what do you want to eat? I’ll buy.”
“Anything would do baby.” Youngwon replied to her.
Niel cringed again. He’s cheating on her That was when everything went crystal clear. JunHee ran off after telling Niel to stay and immediately Youngwon forced Niel to sit in his seat. Niel gulped as Youngwon leaned nearer.

“Do you know what is going on here?” Youngwon asked.
Niel remained silent.
“I asked a question kid.” Youngwon glared.
“Y-You you’re cheating on Junhee.” Niel chocked out.
Youngwon smirked, “I am? Really? I didn’t know that but I do know that you’re going to get your kicked if you say it again. Understood?” Niel paused. He wanted to fight back but seeing Youngwon is twice his size he just nod his head.

“You boys doing okay?” JunHee smiled to the two of them with the drinks and cake in her hand.

“We’re doing just fine. I think we’re getting along really well.” Youngwon smirked.

Niel felt really uncomfortable in his seat and finally he took the courage to stand up. He wanted to tell Junhee but nothing came out.
“I’ll take my leave now, I have to go.” Without waiting for Junhee or Youngwon to say another word, Niel dashed out of the café and went home.

 

~~~***~~~

Niel spent the rest of his weekend in guilt. Half of him wanted to tell Junhee but half of him was scared of getting beaten up or even scared that Junhee wouldn’t believe him. Monday passed. Tuesday passed. Wednesday passed. And so on… but the good thing was Junhee begun to talk to Niel, little by little every day. Every time he wants to tell her he held back. Till one day, he mustered up all his courage and approached Junhee when school was over.

“Junhee-ah, can I talk to you?” Niel’s palms were sweating again. He was really nervous.
“Hmm? Yeah, sure.” Junhee finished packing her backpack and followed Niel out of the class room. YoungJae and DongHo saw Niel with Junhee and silently cheered for him, not knowing what he was really going to say.

They stopped at the nearest playground and Niel turned to face her. This is it. Niel, Just do it. Niel took a deep breath but didn’t say a word. Junhee laughed.
“What is it that you want to tell me? You’re all worked up.”

“Junhee… I don’t know if you’re going to believe me but, please believe me when I say what I’m about to say.” Niel’s words were starting to jumble up, “I mean, just believe me.”

Junhee was confused but she nodded anyways.
Niel looked around before looking at her, “Junhee…I saw your boyfriend cheating on you.”
Junhee froze, “What?”
“Your boyfriend is cheating on you.” Niel repeated.

“….”

“Junhee…He’s cheating on you. I saw it with my own eyes! He was with some other girl before he went to meet you at the café!” Niel tried to convince her.
Junhee shook her head, “No. Youngwon oppa would never do that! He loves only me. He said so!”

“Junhee, you have to believe me!” Niel held on her wrist but she yanked away.
“You don’t know Youngwon oppa like I do! He’s a very nice person!”

“He’s just trying to make you think that way! Junhee, he’s playing with you!”

“You’re Lying!”

“Junhee it’d never lie to you.”

“No. You’re the bad guy Niel, Stay away from me and my boyfriend!”   

“Junhee-ah!”  Niel yelled as Junhee ran off, with tears already visible in her eyes. Niel grabbed locks of his hair and yelled out in frustration. Why can’t you see I am the one that is trying to protect your heart?

That was the last time Niel ever talked to Junhee. The days in History class felt cold and scary. Every time they bump into each other in the hallways, Junhee would either ignore Niel or avoid him at all cause. Niel felt his heart break seeing his one and only crush avoiding him like he had some disease. He wanted to apologise or explain things to Junhee but she doesn’t let him. Days passed and Niel felt like he was a Zombie. His two buddies, YoungJae and DongHo tried to cheer him up after knowing what happened. They too tried to help Niel, but it was kind of impossible.

It was another Friday and History class just ended. Niel went off first without waiting for Junhee or any other of his friends and classmates. He trudged the hallway alone towards home. His shoulders slouched making his tall figure seem short. He took his usual turn when he was grabbed by the collar and dragged off to a secluded area. Niel tried to wriggle free or see who the one was dragging him. Finally, he was being thrown against the ground. His right arm had an abrasion and he yelped in pain. Slowly Niel looked up to see five well built guys surrounding him but only one of them was recognizable.
“I heard you told my girlfriend about it.” Youngwon spoke. The three others cracked their knuckles. Smirks plastered on their faces. These guys were college dudes. Niel tried to stand up but one of them kicked him on the stomach.

“I warned you.” Another kick was slammed onto Niel’s body. Niel groaned.

Niel coughed as he finally could stand up on his two legs. His eyes filled with rage but the college guys laughed at him.

“Ooo~ He’s angry dude. He’s gonna kill us all~” One of them sang.
“What’cha gonna do to us? Call your mummy? Make her nag us to death?” The other joined in.

Niel wanted to charge at them but he was held back by two of them. Youngwon chuckled and clapped his hands mockingly. “You have guts kid but,” He threw a punch on Niel’s face, “You’re no match for me.” They released their grip on Niel as he fell to his knees. They laughed like a pack of hyenas.

“He’s kneeling to you dude!” The first one bumped fists with Youngwon.

“Let’s teach this kid a lesson he’ll never forget.”

At Youngwon’s signal Niel was being badly beaten up by the four guys as Youngwon watched the ‘entertainment’. He began to laugh at Niel’s state. Niel struggled to keep himself safe. He felt pathetic curled up in a ball, shielding his head with his hands as the guys threw him kicks and punches. He wanted to fight back but he knew it was impossible. After a while Youngwon held his friends back.
Yet again, Niel was being held up by two of the guys, making him face Youngwon.

Niel felt his body aching everywhere. He didn’t know if he had broken anything. Bruises were visible on his exposed skin and he was pretty sure there were bruises under his thin uniform. Niel’s lips were bleeding and his right eye was barely open. Youngwon began to talk but he couldn’t hear it clearly. His eyes suddenly saw pass Youngwon and there he saw Junhee and Dongho hiding. Junhee’s face was shocked as tears streamed down her face.

Suddenly Niel received a powerful punch on his stomach and Niel began to cough out a little blood. Youngwon grabbed Niel’s face harshly and made Niel face him.

“Look at me when I’m talking! Didn’t your mother teach you any manners?!”

Niel winced as another punch was sent to his face.

“At least…” Niel coughed, “I have manners to treat a girl right.”

The college guys’ eyes widened and wanted to hit Niel for talking back but Youngwon held them back.
“High School Girls don’t deserve to be treated nicely. They’re just for us experienced guys to get something fresh once in a while.” Youngwon laughed.

“Fresh?” Niel was confused.

Youngwon and his friends laughed again then Youngwon proceeded into explaining, “Fresh girls.”

Niel felt disgusted by the way Youngwon talked about girls, as in this case, He was talking about Junhee. Niel’s blood boiled and rage filled his body to the brim. “JunHee is innocent! Leave her alone!” Niel tried to charge forwards.

“Oh, I’ll leave her alone alright. Once I’m done with her, I’ll leave her crying her eyes out.” Youngwon said a loud and let another roar of laughter out.

Niel’s eyes widened.
“Leave him alone Youngwon!” A voice cried out from behind.

Everyone turned to see Junhee standing there with her tear stained cheeks but she knew better that she was angrier than ever. Dongho panicked as he kept looking back for YoungJae. Dongho tried to pull Junhee back but she was persistent.

“Baby, what are you doing here?” Youngwon chuckled.
Junhee came up to him and finally slapped him hard. Dongho gasped. Niel was secretly smiling.

“You are a monster.” Junhee’s voice was as hard as a rock.

Youngwon snorted and turned to Junhee. “Wrong move .”

Youngwon grabbed Junhee by the wrist. DongHo tried to help Junhee but he too was held back. Niel struggled to be free as he watched Junhee being harassed by Youngwon.

“Enjoy the show boys, while it lasts.” Youngwon roared as he almost yanked Junhee’s uniform off. Niel felt pissed seeing Junhee struggling. Niel had enough. Somehow, Niel managed to knock out the two guys who were holding him down in a few seconds. He immediately charged for Youngwon after he was done. The other two let go of Dongho to tackle Niel. Dongho took the chance and pulled Junhee away from the crowd. Niel was that close into getting to Youngwon when he was knocked down on the ground once more. His eye lids felt heavy but he struggled to stand up.

“NIEL!” He heard Junhee cried and another blow was thrown at him. Niel’s body was limp on the ground. He heard noises, Junhee’s cries, Dongho’s grunts and then…sirens... YoungJae’s voice. What happened? Everything went blank.

~~~***~~~

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Niel was finally conscious. He frowned and slowly his eyes lids rose. Light blurred his vision for a few milliseconds before he could finally see what was around him. His mother was next to him, His father was at a corner of the room. His two buddies were standing next to the bed and then, Junhee…was sitting on the couch near the door.

“Urgh…” Niel moaned in pain when he felt his body aching.

“NIEL!” YoungJae yelled out. His mother shot up and everyone else turned their attention to Niel. When they were sure Niel was awake, they made their way over to him. Niel clutched on his head. He felt something wrapped around his head.  Bandage? He looked around to see himself in the hospital.

“Are you okay son? Can you hear us?” Niel’s father called out to him.

“What happened?” Niel looked around to see worried faces as he sat up. His eyes made contact with Junhee for a while before he turned to his mother by his side.

“You were knocked out by those guys. Luckily the police came right on time with YoungJae before they could worsen your state.”  DongHo explained. Niel sighed.
His mother hugged Niel as she sobbed silently.
“Mom, I’m okay….” Niel her mother’s hair dearly. His father too looked at him with worry. Then Niel noticed Junhee turning away.

“Mom, dad, can I talk to Junhee alone?” Niel asked politely as he pried his mother off him. His parents looked at each other and then to Junhee who was confused. YoungJae and Dongho already got the message and they made their own way to the door. Niel’s parents followed the two out of the door. Junhee stood there feeling awkward as Niel pointed to the chair next to the bed. Junhee sat on the chair without another word. Niel saw a bruise at her cheek and he felt worried.

“Are you okay? Were you hurt?” Niel asked softly.

Junhee didn’t dare to look at Niel in the eyes, “You’re the one in pain.”

“I’m only in pain if you’re in pain.” Niel spoke. Then he wondered to himself when he got so cheesy. He saw a blush on Junhee’s cheeks and he smiled sneakily.
“I’m…sorry for not believing you.” Junhee apologized .
“Yeah, I’m kind of angry that you didn’t,” Niel smirked knowing well that he was making her feel guilty.
Junhee gulped, “I shouldn’t disturb you anymore. You probably hate me now. I didn’t believe you and you got hurt because of me… I’ll go.” Junhee stood up wanting to leave but Niel held her back and yanked her to him.

“Who said I hated you?” Niel frowned.

Junhee was holding back her tears, “You…you… got hurt because of me.” A tear left her cheek.

Niel let out a short laugh and wiped off the tear with his thumb. Junhee’s eyes widened and looked up to meet her eyes with Niel.

“I don’t care if I got hurt. I don’t care if I’m in pain. If it keeps you safe, I’m willing to do it.” Niel smiled.
Junhee was lost for words, “Niel…”

Niel rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, “You know Junhee, the thing is… I’ve always had a crush on you. I didn’t really remember when but I really fell hard for you.”

Junhee’s cheeks grew red, “You…liked me?”

Niel shook his head causing Junhee to tilt her head.

“I don’t like you. I love you.”

_______________________

 

I was scrolling down reading my own oneshots (I know i'm pathetic) 

Then i realised, there wasn't enough NIEL! OMG! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! 
So, here you goooo~ Another Niel Oneshot xD 

I did this a bit in a rush >< Sorry if it wasn't really... nice? 

TEEN TOP COMEBACK COMING SOON! I'M SO EGG-XITED! 

oh, and i put DongHo and YoungJae in here because they're all 94Liners!! ^^ 
<3333 

BYE BYEEEE~