Ricky (2)

TEEN TOP ONESHOTS

HERE FOR YOU

__________________

I was staring into space as my mind was filled with questions that probably can never be answered. Those thoughts have been lingering in my head for a few days already, almost a week. It comes and goes whenever it wants and whenever it comes i would be in a completely different personality. I was usually cheerful and bubbly but then because of this i would be ignored. I can't stand being alone, it makes me feel....lost   

"Yong ~~~~~~-ssi." My homeroom teacher called out as his gaze turned to the class. 

 

I'm sitting at my usual seat in class, at the back. 

 

"Ms Yong?" My teacher called out again, this time looking at me.

My classmates began to whisper among each other. I could actually hear clearly what they were saying. 

 

"She's doing that blur goldfish look again." 

"Does she even pay attention in class?" 

 

My teacher finally stood up and went over to my desk everyone turned to my direction. My teacher stood there for a while with a concerned face. 

"~~~~~-ssi, are you feeling alright?" His soothing voice made me return back to reality.

"Huh?" I mumbled. 

"Are you sick again? Should i call your guardian to come?" 

I shook my head and gave him a small smile, "I'm Fine." 

"If you say so, but if you're feeling unwell please tell me immediately. Drink more water okay?" 

 

Then he left my desk to return back to the teacher's table. I began to feel than my classmates were gossiping about me again. I still couldn't get over it although they have been doing that since freshmen year. 

Soon the attendance taking ended and lessons began. School was a drag as usual but i would always try my best to pull through. I would either be listening attentively or doodling on my writing paper. 

 

RIIIIIING!

At last, School was finally over. I took my books and quietly packed my bag as other students were busy chatting about their after school activities. We thanked the teacher that was in classroom then we were dismissed. I took my normal route to my locker but then a group of guys walked pass me and one of them sort of purposely banged into me. Causing me to drop the load i was carrying.

"Weirdo!" They roared as they walked away.

 

Slowly i gathered all my stuff and then someone held out a piece of paper in front of my face. I blinked at the paper a few times before looking up at the person. 

"Yours right?" He smiled to me. 

I gave a quick nod and took it from him before wanting to scatter off but then he held firmly onto the paper. I didn't dare to even look at him.

"Uh.... I need to go now." I mumbled. A crowd soon started to form and quiet chatters among the crowd. I felt my stomach churned. I couldn't handle the attention. Forgetting about the piece of paper, I squeezed myself through the thick crowd and ran off. 

 

"WAIT!" I heard his voice calling out to me but i just raced out of the school and ran all the way home. 

 

----------------------------------

 

"~~~~-ah! You're home!" My mother greeted me with her usual motherly smile on her face but i simply ignored her and immediately ran up stairs and towards my room. SLAM! I shut the door and leaned against the door. 

 

'She's such a loser.'

'I heard she's a real witch that would curse people she hate.'

'She's a disgraced to us girls.' 

'I saw her with a voodoo doll once!'

'She's just ugly.'

 

I covered my ears and sunk down squatting down. The words were ringing in my head, not planning to leave anytime soon. Continuously hunting me, over and over again. Then I heard a knock on the door. I heard my mother's worried voice on the other side. I held my legs closer to my chest as i rested my chin on my knees. Tears were already threatening to spill out.

"~~~~~... Is everything alright? Do you need to see the doctor again?" My mother was obviously worried about me.

I pulled myself together for a minute and responded, "I'm okay umma.. Just need some sleep."

I sniffed and bit my lower lips to prevent my sobs from getting any louder.

"Alright.. If you need anything umma's going to be in the kitchen okay?"

"Mhmm.."

I heard my mother's footsteps echoed and slowly getting softer as she went back to the kitchen. After i was sure i was alone, hot tears immediately trickled down my face uncontrollably. I hid my face as i continued to sob. Minutes passed and i soon cried myself to sleep. I felt exhausted from all the crying.

------------------------------------------------

KNOCK KNOCK.

"~~~~~-ah, Dinner is ready. Are you awake?" My mother was at the door.

I woke up, slowly lifting up my head. My whole body was aching from sleeping in such a position.

"~~~-ah?" My mother called out again.

"Neh Umma. I'll be right down." I replied in a rather tired voice.

"Okay, and a friend of yours was here. He was quite a charming friend." I felt a smile on my mother's face.

*A friend? A guy?* I slightly jerked at the thought causing my head to hit the door too hard. I rubbed the aching pain on my head and opened the door. My mother was standing there with a wide grin.

"I knew you would be interested." She smiled, "He's downstairs."

My mother walked back down the stairs. My eyes widened. I thought i was hearing things. I wanted to know who but i was traumatized. What if it was him? Is he back?!

I shook my head and slowly took a few steps back and again locked myself in the room again.

*It can't be him*

I was planning on telling my mother that i was feeling unwell and wanted to skip dinner but then I heard my father coming in the front door. I froze. My father was a family guy so he would expect everyone to be at the dinner table when eating meals.

I frowned and took a deep breath. I felt dizzy all of a sudden.

"~~~~~-ah! Dinner!" Your mother cried.

I sighed and went to my closet to change out of my uniform. I put on a simple knee-length dress and a white cardigan on. I was still unsure of who was downstairs that consider himself as my 'friend'. Slowly, cautiously, I took a step at a time down the stairs and i craned my neck to see the dinning table that was to the right of the stairs. I saw my mother and father casually conversing with the guy which had his back facing to me. I observed his back figure but no one came to my mind. I was definitely not him. I exhaled and started to walk closer to the table. I went to my usual seat, opposite my mother. When i saw my so-called friend's face, i was bewildered.

"Hello!" He beamed, "Wow. You look beautiful!"

"You..." I whispered.

"~~~~, where are your manners?" My father said in a rather stern voice.

I bowed my head a little and greeted him before sitting down, "Annyeonghaseyo."

"Why being so formal ~~~~-ah! We're friends right?!" He was still smiling.

I was dumb-founded. Was this guy for real?

"Why didn't you introduce this charming young man before ~~~~-ah?" My mother chuckled.

I remained silent.

"~~~~~-ah rarely talks to me, but she's a really good listener!" He was still bubbly as ever.

"What is your name young man?" My father asked.

"Oh right, My manners. My name is Ricky! Same age as ~~~~ but we are in the same science class!" He smiled.

"My my, what such bubbly personality you have there." My mother returned his smile.

"Alright, before the food gets cold..Let's eat." My father took the first bite of the food.

"Thank you for the food." Ricky beamed and ate happily.

I was actually to busy taking all of it in. Why was he here so suddenly? Since when did we hang out or even conversed? What motive does he have?! Is he going to dig out more rumors about me?!

"~~~~~...Eat."

"Ah. Neh Appa.." I took my chopsticks and took a bite of my rice. My hands were stuffing food in my mouth but my eyes were searching Ricky for any motive.

-----------------------------------------------------

Dinner was over and my mother insisted that i should show Ricky to my room. I would object but it was my mother's orders. I would never want to betray my parents. I strode up to my room as Ricky tailed me like a little duckling. I held onto the door knob feeling unsure. Then, i turned around and face him.

"What is your real motive of being here? You're the 'famous guy' in school. Why would you want to have dinner at the 'most lamest' girl in school. You're going to find something to spread more rumors of me right?! You're going to make my life more miserable right?! " I dug deep into his eyes.

Ricky innocently blink. "You....are really different from the 'you' in school. Do you talk this much at home? Why do you not talk this way in school?"

I bit my lips *. Busted.*

"What do you want?" I said nonchalantly. 

 

"Well... Actually, you left this in school today." He ped his backpack and took out a very familiar worksheet. 

My eyes widened and felt embarrassed somehow. 

I lightly bowed my head and took the paper from him but his grip was still firmly on the paper. I looked at him with curiosity but he was just smiling. I tugged on the paper but he didn't budge. He was still smiling. I frowned. 

 

"You can let go now." I hissed, obviously annoyed. 

His smile grew wider, "I like you." 

I choked my own saliva when i heard him said that. It was totally unexpected and at a very wrong timing. 

"You like my daughter?! Omona! Yeobo! Our little girl has grown up!" My mother was behind us with a tray of fruits. My eyes widened as my mother started to cry tears of joy. I rolled my eyes. Ricky just kept on smiling to the point it was bugging me. I felt like slapping that smile off his face. 

 

"OMMA! It's not like that! RICKY!" I yelled at him. 

"Wow. You actually have a loud voice." Ricky beamed. 

"Urgh, not helping!" I stomped downstairs to my parents before they could misunderstand the situation any further. 

 

Too late. By the time I reached the living room they were all ready celebrating of my one step closer to adult hood.

"Omma~ Appa!" I whined. 

"My little girl is going up." My father smiled to me. Ricky came down and stood next to me. 

"Abeoji, please accept our relationship and give us your blessing." Ricky beamed. 

My eyes widened to Ricky's statement. DID HE JUST SAY THAT?! 

"of course we will!" My father extended his arm and pulled Ricky in a big hug. I was astonished. Was that really happening?! I pinched myself once, i felt it but i was too numb to feel the pain of it. 

 

"You got to be kidding me." 

 

------------------------------------------------

THE NEXT DAY.

 

The previous night was a disaster. I 'm having a feeling that Ricky was just playing with my feelings. Maybe it was some stupid joke or even a dare he and his friends made. I went to school as usual. I was ready to face everyone again. I was expecting the same routine like every other day, me being bullied and looked down on. Surprisingly when i passed by the corridoors, no one jeered or sneered. No one made me look bad or insulted me in any form of way. I blinked and turned left and right. Everyone was minding their own business. I have no idea what was happening maybe they were sick and tired of me? I don't know. 

 

*I guess a peaceful day for me then.* I made my way to my locker and unloaded my books for the days' lessons. Suddenly someone jumped next to me. 

"Good Morning my beautiful lady." He greeted me. 

I froze and turned my head towards him. Was he out of his mind?!

"You're supposed to greet me back! Basic courtesy my lady." he frowned. 

I bit my lower lip and bowed my head a little, "G-good morning." I mumbled before shutting my locker and walking off. 

"WHY ARE YOU GIVING ME A COLD SHOULDER?!~" He shouted across the hallway causing everyone to stop their activities and look at him. I squeezed my way through the crowd and enter the classroom. There someone grabbed my arm and pulled me back. It made me jerk backwards and i bumped onto his chest. 

"Its rude to run away you know." Ricky whispered. His eyes showed a hint of sadness. 

"we're in school.." I whispered back. 

"So? Does it kill for you to be yourself? Is it a crime?" He chuckled. 

"If being ‘yourself’ is murdering people then yes." I pushed away from him. 

 

I turned back around to see everyone's eyes on the two of us. I felt very awkward having all the attention on me. I shrugged it off and walked to my desk near the window. Everyone was still silent. Ricky shook his head and made his way towards you. He stood in front of my desk and bend down to my eye level. 

"but you're not a murderer so quit boxing yourself up and show them who you really are." Ricky's voice was calm and sincere. He really wanted to help. 

"I don't mind sitting in my box if it keeps me away from hurtful comments." I glared at him. 

"You don't see it do you?" Ricky glared back, " You're the one that is making all those hurtful comments get to you. You take people's words too seriously. Your emotions get effected easily but for the wrong reasons. The reason people are saying hurtful comments to you is because you don't defend yourself for being who you are." 

 

I was taken aback by his words. I sat there as i allowed my brain to generate his words. 

"You don't know how i feel." My tears were threatening to spill out any moment. 

Ricky sighed, "Yes, i don't know. So why don't you show me how you feel? Open up to people. Let people know who the real you is so they won't judge you. hmm?" 

I slowly looked at the other students around us and studied each of their faces. Even the ones that always picked on you were silent by Ricky's words. I hung my head low as i was lost for words. 

"I don't know.." 

"I can help you if you let me. I can show what a beauty this whole world is. Yong ~~~~~, let me lead you to the other side of this world." Ricky smiled as he held his hand out to me. I pressed my lips into a firm line and cautiously took his hand. Ricky beamed and helped you stand up.

 

Ricky turned to the crowd and smiled once again.

"Like i said, Yong ~~~~ has actually a bubbly personality if you get to know her." Ricky turned to me, "And she is the most beautiful girl i've ever seen." 

I blushed unknowingly but luckily i kept my face hidden.   

"YONG ~~~~~ is my girlfriend! and my friends are her friends. Everyone who says hello to me should say hello to her too. She's a kind soul and deserves better than this right guys?" 

"RIGHT!" A few of Ricky's friends chimed. 

 

"My lady.....I'm always here for you. From now on i'll walk down the path with you. Us side by side. I will guide you. Please let me be yours." Ricky held my hand and tilt my head up. My eyes met his.

 

I really didn't know what to say but deep inside i was thankful for him.

So,

 

"Thank you Ricky..."  

 

___________________________________

 

TEEN TOP ONESHOTS OFFICIALLY COMPLETE. I hope you've enjoyed them all. 
(Although some maybe an epic fail) 

I'm off to my next set of oneshots... that is  B.A.P.!! ^^ Wheeee~ 

Still pending though <3Thank you for your support <3 
Good bye!! See you........somewhere in the future. LOL. ^^