Ending 3

In Sickness And In Health

Ending 3: In sickness and in health 

Jiyong was so hurt about Seunghyun's rejection in the past but at the same time he desperately wanted to go back to him. He had asked him and Jiyong had decided to accept his feelings once more. He just needed be brave.

Meanwhile Seunghyun was expecting Jiyong's call and that made him feel so worried. Furthermore he was stressed and uneasy that day because he had a general health check up. He got to the hospital and went through all kind of test and procedures.

"Mr. Choi, we have found there's something wrong with your brain, a degenerative disease. Let me explain. This affects the brain cortex and the nerves through your whole body. Even though you were able to walk again with the physio, in a couple of weeks, or months if you're lucky, you won't be able to walk. Unfortunately, you'll be losing motility and control of your body. Nontheless we can help you to spend the rest of your days within quality of life." explained the doctor to Seunghyun but he was lost already.

"So, I'm dying anyway, aren't I? OK, you have to excuse me I have important matters. I'll contact you later." Seunghyun left immeditely.

As you could imagine, he went to look for Jiyong.

"What are you doing here, Seunghyun?" asked an astonished Jiyong.

"There is something important I have to tell you." 

"Please come in."

Seunghyun came in and as soon as both were sat he started talking.

"I'm dying, Kwon Jiyong. Not in a figurative speaking. And I want to spend the rest of my life by your side."

"What's that?!" Jiyong couldn't believe what he'd just heard.

"I made the mistake to dump you after my accident so that you don't suffer but I won't do it this time because we need each other. That might be selfish but I'm not well and I really need you and want to love you and that you love me." declared Segunhyun.

"Ok. Tell me what's going on exactly" Jiyong was so worried he wanted to scream loud.

"My check up today stated I've got a generative disease. I won't be able to walk nor move anymore, and eventually I'll die." Seunghyun couldn't say more.

"Oh my god! You don't have to worry about me leaving you. I promise I will stay by your side even in the worst scenario because I still love you." confessed Jiyong.

"That's why I came. I want to be with you and if the time and my health allow me, with our baby."

"I'll be with you no matter what and if your last days are coming, I want to do everything on my possibilities to give you days full of love and joy." declared Jiyong in tears but at the same time feeling happy about being able to make Seunghyun's days the happiest.

"Don't you think i'm being selfish?" 

"Of course not, you were stupidly selfish last time but not now. And apart from that I would never really think that of you. Please believe me, Seunghyun, I love you no matter what, in sickness and in health". Jiyong spoke up.

"I love you more, Jiyong." Then Seunghyun got close to Jiyong and they kissed warmly among tears of distress and joy at the same time.

They srtated living together. They used to visit the hospital every week for Jiyong's pregnancy check ups and for Seunghyun's check ups as well. Although this was not a comfortable situation they bore it because they were together and they loved each other. Their baby was developping so well and healthy. Sadly it seemed as though Seunghyun was giving his life for his baby, as he became worse the baby grew and became ready to be born. He might have become worse but his happiness was not decreasing, on the contrary, he felt perfectly fine with Jiyong by his side loving each other...

"Seunghyun! I think the baby is ready. I don't feel so well." announced Jiyong that night.

"Should we go to the hospital right away?" asked Segunhyun in a childish worried way, not really knowing what to do.

"Be honest! Do you feel strong enough to go with me? I can go alone or call Youngbae if you don't feel ok." suggested Jiyong.

"It's my child birth! The only way I'd miss that it's if I were already dead". Seunghyun said it part as a joke part as the awful truth.

"Hey don't say that, you dork. Whatever, let me get your carer so he could drive us to the hospital and so". 

They had hired a 24/7 carer since Seunghyun wasn't able to move anymore so Jiyong went to get him from the room next door. Then they got to the hospital and the baby indeed wanted to be born. However Jiyong had some complications with his body and doctors decided he needed surgery. Seunghyun never left Jiyong alone. He didn't want to miss any detail of his child birth and he wanted to support his beloved Jiyong.

Jiyong gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, healthy and perfect. She looked like Seunghyun completely.

"She's the most beautiful, my love. Look at her! It's as if you have been born again through her. You both really look alike." said Jiyong so glad and proud while he presented the baby to Seunghyun.

"I feel embarrassed, don't say that. Don't get me wrong, I'm the happiest man on earth. My little girl is more than perfect and I can see features of you in her too, not only mine. Now I'm so much in love with you two." This time Seunghyun was crying of joy when Jiyong got the baby closer so that Seunghyun kissed her.

"Her first kiss had to be one of her daddy's, who'd better than you, my love. I love you both so much as well." clamed Jiyong.

"Might be you"giggled Seungyun as saying Jiyong was better 

"Never..." claimed Jiyong as meaning Seunghyun was the best

A couple of days later Jiyong and the baby were discharged. Seunghyun had left before due to his condition. When Jiyong and the baby got home they were received with balloons, flowers, congratulations posters and all. Even though Seunghyun was not well he had, as always, prepared a big surprise for his beloved ones. 

"Oh, sweetie! I love you Choi Seunghyun!" cried Jiyong emotively.

"I love you Jiyong and Yongseung! I've been thinking about my daughter's name and I decided if you don't mind." explained Seunghyun gladly after naming the baby.

"Wow, it's perfect, I love it." agreed Jiyong.

Unfortunately Seunghyun passed away later that same day. Yongseung only knew about his deceased father through pics and through Jiyong and friends' words. 

"Your dad Seunghyun was the most caring and lovely person. You remind me of him, you're so much alike. I love you so much, Yongseung, my girl "

"I love you too, GD dad"