Where It Begins [1]

Fantasy Doodles

"Hey, are you free on this Friday?"

"Well should be, why?"

"Let's go biking before the semester starts next week!" The said girl suggests excitedly.

"Um... you mean you and me going on biking?" Eunbi is suddenly nervous.

"Yes! Me and you," Yerin laughs at the other side of the phone, "And of course our group, Sojung, Eunbi, Yuna and Yewon all together. How is the suggestion?"

"Great. Just great idea Yerin..." Eunbi mumbles.

"I am glad that you like it! So, let's meet tomorrow morning at the store! I'll tell the rest now, good night Eunbi."

"...alright, you too Yerin, see you tomorrow."

Eunbi falls back on her bed still holding onto the phone, she closes her eyes and goes down to her memory lane.

 

They are now year four, nearly a year had passed after Taehyung broke up with Yerin. Eunbi did her very best throughout the year, she even stayed up late to study just to catch up with her academic grades in order to enter the same class with Yerin again in their high school. And effort paid off, she did it. Eunbi is taking Chemistry, Biology and Physics now while Yerin has Chemistry, Biology and Computer Science, they are both in class E. Eunbi could still remember how glad she was when she read the sorting results on the first day of form four, she had not been caring for her academic too much in her junior forms as she wanted to be a pilot when she grew up, a whatever degree would do if she chose that career path, however, Yerin is a smart one, she may not take up much time for study, but she always scores so well. And after Yerin, Eunbi finds herself a reason to work hard for.

 

The next day in the early morning, Eunbi goes to Yerin's apartment and waits at her door.

"Oh, morning Eunbi," Yerin greets Eunbi as she steps out of her house, "Why don't you just wait me at the bike renting store? It's just next to your home actually, you don't need to walk here the other way round Eunbi ah."

Eunbi smiles at Yerin, "It's okay, just warming myself up."

The two walks down the street to the renting shop, they wait for about half an hour, still no one shows up.  Yerin does not have any more patience, she calls their friends one by one.

"Kim Sojung where the hell are you now?"

"I'm sorry Yennie awh, Sojungie just woke up." Sojung tries her best to perform her aegyo, trying to smoothen the fuming girl.

"I'm sorry Yerin, I'm a bit sick this morning..." Yewon says weakly at the phone, even Yerin does not have the heart to shout at the girl again, she tells Yewon to rest more before calling the others.

"Ah! I forgot the outing, sorry Yerin..." Yuna admits straight forwardly, she knows there is no use to find excuses when it comes to Yerin, the girl is too smart to know those stories are fake.

"Eh? What biking? I don't even know how to bike Yerin ah." The elder Eunbi says when Yerin calls her.

“So, it’s just me and you?” Eunbi could not help but to chuckle at how the girl is frustrated that none of her friends shows up. Yerin hangs her head low, “Yeah, only you came after all.”

Eunbi holds Yerin’s hand, “No worries, I will always be there for you. Let’s go now, we could have our lunch at that restaurant at noon if you are quick enough to catch up with my speed.”

“I bet you to take those words back after the ride!” Yerin grins and both of them go into the shop.

 

In their year four that entire year, Yerin is still having a bad time, to cope with stress and her ex-boyfriend in life. Although they do not happen to get together for a long period of time, but in those two months’ time, it causes Yerin more than two years to get rid of the pain. There are certain reasons behind which lead the situation to this stage, one is whenever Taehyung breaks up his new or newer relationships, he would always come back and contact Yerin. Telling her that he is sorry, he finally realizes that Yerin is the best for him. He would then ask Yerin out, court her once again. Being the Yerin who has not move on yet, of course she hangs out with him, and Taehyung would ask Yerin to be her girlfriend again. Every time when Yerin says she needs some time to consider, in the next few day of time she would see Taehyung holding another girl’s hands and totally forgets about her again. Her heart breaks every single time, over and over again, but whenever Taehyung finds her, she replies him. Her friends all force her to block the boy and leave that freaking ex-friend zone and forget everything about the heartless boy, but Yerin just could not do it. It goes on and off for years, Eunbi is always there for Yerin, she sees how broken Yerin is, she holds Yerin tight every time the girl falls once again, she always lends her ears and shoulders to the girl when Yerin calls her at night. She would always listen to Yerin’s sob on the other side of the phone and until Yerin falls asleep with their call still going on. Eunbi is always there, observing, listening, but never making a move.

 

Yerin is somehow showing progress from time to time, she does not pick up the cutter anymore, she slowly goes back to her bubby self, she goes back to the volleyball team which Taehyung forced her to quit when they were together, he said he disliked others fan boys and girls admiring Yerin. Yerin goes back to the practises, she gets back her position as the amazing setter as well as the team captain and makes many students fall for her again just like what she did in her junior forms. She may not troll around as she did before, but she hangs out with friends frequently, she laughs at the smallest things, just like any normal person. Eunbi could not be gladder than this, she knows how hard it is for Yerin to come all the way till now. And the two starts to notice they have something more than friends, they calls each other best friends, after their date for movies. Well, both of them never thought that as a date, but their friends all claimed that the two of them went on a date to catch that movie together, especially when that was a romance movie, was a perfect date, which Yerin could not retorted back. She was actually the one asked Eunbi out to watch that movie with her in the summer holiday after their year four.

 

“Hey Eunbi, have you watched this one?” Yerin points at one of the movie posters when the two are walking home after school.

“No, I am not that into movies, you know that.”

“Wanna watch with me?” Yerin asks out of nowhere.

Eunbi thinks her ears are playing a trick on her, “What?”

“Do you, want to go and watch this with me?” Yerin asks once more and Eunbi nods excitedly.

“Suddenly I am interested in movies, this weekend?” Eunbi grins at her best friend.

Eunbi tells everyone that she is the one who wanted to watch the film so she asks Yerin out, she says that every single time when their classmates or friends are questioning why the two go to the movies by themselves. She never once denies that it is a date, she is actually quite pleased that people are thinking their friendly outing in that way, but she dare not to speak it out, at least no so soon.

 

‘Till the time is right, please wait a little more Yerin ah, I will no longer hold you when you fall, I'll be the one to catch you.’