Brotherhood

Fantasy Doodles

After their trip to Taiwan, the tour return back to Korea safe and sound. As it is still in their summer holiday period, Yerin’s parents decide to go on a family trip to Japan. Yerin is being noticed by her parents just when she finishes her school trip and arrives back in Korea, and between her another flight, she has three days’ time to hang out a little with her girlfriend. The two of course want to spend time with one another every minute, they go out on the day before Yerin’s flight to Japan.

 

“Have you packed your stuffs yet?”

“Nah, gonna pack them after I hang out with you.” Yerin smiles while the two are having a walk at the seashore near Yerin’s house. “I am quick with these stuffs, so I don’t think there will be a problem.”

“I think I am going to miss you.” Eunbi says softly.

“Me too, but it will just be ten days Bi.” Yerin squeezes onto their intertwined hands.

“But it is still ten days without seeing you.”

“We can facetime call each other, I promise you I would try my best to call you at night time, okay?”

“But aren’t you said you will be in the same room with your mother? How could you call me without her knowing?”

After getting together, the two have used to have a call every night, originally it is just Eunbi planning to tell her girl a simple ‘goodnight’, but as the two both do not want to hang up the phone, every time the phone call would last for an hour or even more, and in the past three months, they talked nearly every night, except for some when Yerin was too tired after practices and fell asleep before she could inform Eunbi. But as both of their families are quite strict about relationship stuffs, the two still have not told their families about their relationship yet, they are waiting for a better timing to officially introduce one another to their parents, no longer as best friends, but as girlfriends.

“I will see if I could sleep in the room with Hwecheol, you know, he knew about us.” Hwecheol is Yerin’s younger brother, Yerin had told him about her and Eunbi, the two siblings are so close that they talk to each other with everything about their lives.

“Okay, let’s hope your brother will stand for me.”

“You know Hwecheol likes you, you two have too many similarities.” Yerin flashes her imfamous eye smiles to reassure the girl.

 

“Are you on board yet?” Eunbi calls after she scrolls her Instagram and sees Yerin posted a picture with her family at the airport.

“Yeah, I just fastened my seatbelts. I was going to call you when you phone in, seems like we are in sync.” Yerin chuckles at the other end of the line.

“Safe flight Rinnie, have fun with your family and miss me a little when you are playing around, okay?”

“Lame Bi, but yeah I will."

“Good girl, I will miss you too.” Eunbi smiles to herself even though she knows Yerin could not see her face.

 

"Noona! Do you need me to put your bag up?" Eunbi hears Hwecheol yells from the other hand. “And umma wants you to pass her the book in your bag for her to read during the flight!”

"No thanks Jonnie I'm all good. Tell umma I will give it to her later."

"Seems like your family needs you, call me later?" Although Eunbi does not want to hang up, she knows she could not have Yerin all as hers, Yerin still has a family to care for.

"I will text you once I have arrived, love you Bi.”

"Safe flight. Love you too." Eunbi puts down her phone and swipes to the Telegram text message app. Yerin had given her brother's phone number to Eunbi since the two started their relationship. As Yerin is a super forgetful person who always forgets to bring her phone with her, it is always better to call Hwecheol if Eunbi wants to reach for the girl.

 

[Eunbi: um.. hello Hwecheol? I'm Eunbi.]

[Hwecheol Dongsaeng: Oh hi Eunbi noona, you cannot contact Noona again?]

[Eunbi: Ah nonono, I have just called her, I just want to make sure she is okay, does she have her jacket with her? The air con on the plane is too strong for her...]

[Eunbi: Has she eaten the medicines before boarding? Does she put her eye glasses in her backpack? She always forgets them when she is wearing contact lens...]

[Hwecheol Dongsaeng: Woah easy easy Eunbi noona :0, Noona is doing good, she wrapped her jacket on her shoulders already, she didn't put on her contacts today and she is wearing her glasses, I will steal a picture of her to you later. And I will give her the medicine now, relax Eunbi noona~]

[Eunbi: Sorry for being such a worrying freak Hwecheol ah... I am glad you are always with Yerin. Take care her for me please?]

[Hwecheol Dongsaeng: Will do noona, she is my one and only one sister anyways ;>. Don't worry too much, you will get old sooner if you are always worrying noona. :P]

[Eunbi: Haha, okay kiddo. Safe flight and have fun. :)]

 

After switching his phone to the airplane mode, Hwecheol puts back his phone to his pocket and grabs a box from his bag, "Noona, you should take your medicines before the plane take off."

"Ah! I really forget about them! Thank you Jonnie ah." Yerin pulls out her water bottle and swallows the pills. "I'm glad I have you always by my side."

Hwecheol shakes his head, "No noona, you should be glad that you have Eunbi noona always by your side. She is the one remembering your medicines."

Yerin looks at Hwecheol curiously, not getting the clue.

"She just texted me to remind you your medicines, she is really caring."

"Oh, you two have been texting? I thought she would never use that number which I gave her months ago."

Once again Hwecheol shakes his head, "More than you could ever imagine Noona.” He did not speak the following thought out but left that to himself, “You never know how much she bombards me every time when you are not in her sight. She is superb protective of you.”

“Oh, then I hope you two are getting along well.” Yerin titles her head and smiles at her brother. “You know Jonnie ah, she is really very important to me.”

“Why? You want us to get along?” Hwecheol does not look at his sister when replying.

“Of course, both of you are important to me, and without your support of us it is really hard for me to continue this relationship, you know?” Yerin hesitates for a bit before she continues, “You never liked Taehyung before, you kept saying he is not a good guy and turned out your intuition was right. I don't trust myself in these stuffs, I want your support Jonnie ah.”

 

“I know she is serious to you, so far I have good impressions towards Eunbi noona since she has the courage to text me at the very beginning. She texts me simply because she is really caring for you. She always speaks with humor and I could see your reflection in her eyes every time when she is looking at you.” Hwecheol says softly and pas his sister’s shoulders, “I like her noona, go for her.”

Yerin pulls her little brother into a hug, “Thanks Hwecheol ah, that means a lot to me.”

“It is actually quite hard not to like Eunbi noona, she is always so nice and caring for people around her, and she really looks good, way too good.” Hwecheol adds.

Yerin pulls away immediately, “No Hwecheol, she is taken already, don’t you dare to lay your eyes on Eunbi! She is mine.” Yerin warns Hwecheol seriously, “I will hunt you down if you like her.”

“Aye aye.” Hwecheol chuckles, “The moment before you said you wanted me to like her and now you are threatening me, you are really unpredictable noona. I wonder why did Eunbi noona choose you.”

“Shut up you kiddo.” And the siblings burst into laughers.