Weight

Fantasy Doodles

Carrying her bag, Eunbi finds a seat at the audience and settles down. Just when her eyes get back to the court, her gaze catches up with a certain girl walking out from the locker room, she puts down her water bottle at the side bench and starts to stretch her arm slowly. It has been a week since Yerin started to get back to her team and joined the practises for the upcoming elite tournament after her injury. The tournament is going to start on the Boxing Day, and if they manage to get till the finals, the champion match will be held on the last day of the year, the 31st December. Last year, the girls got second runner up in the league, they lost to the same school that defeated them in the inter-school competition this year. Need not to ask her teammates, Eunbi surely knows how determined her girlfriend is to stage their comeback, to mop the floor with revenge, after all, this will really be Yerin’s last time dressing in their school’s team jersey and stand with the team.

 

Therefore, since the start of Christmas holiday, the team has been coming back to the school gymnasium for training. Every day from 9 to 5, despite of snowing or the observatory stating there’s only -1 degrees Celsius, the girls never skipped any one of the practises, and not even one person. Surely Yerin could not spend as much time with Eunbi as she was recovering from her injury, but Eunbi is not complaining. She would always accompany Yerin back for practise and have lunch with the team together during their lunch break, then join their gym training and head to the physical therapy centre with Yerin after her practises. Eunbi really fulfils her words, she does whatever she could for her girlfriend and Yerin could not be more grateful for her actions.

 

With another perfect serve, Yerin ends their friendly match with their neighbour school. The players gather together as their coach debriefs. After that all of them go into the lockers room to change for lunch. No one is at the playground, Eunbi walks into the court, slowly she grabs the ball that is left on the ground and picks it up. She wants to know what makes the girl fell in love with the sport so much, she wants to feel the passion that Yerin has and share her joy at the same time. Holding the ball up high on her forehead, she thinks of how Yerin does the sets and wants to imitate the action but not knowing what to do. Just when she is going to give up and put down the ball, someone holds her wrists from the back.

“Spread out your fingers wide and form a triangle here.” The voice instructs her gently.

“But I can’t see the ball if I do so…” Eunbi mumbles under her breath, but thanks to the closeness that the two are sharing, Yerin hears it crystal clear.

“We don’t need to look at it, we fee where it is.” The taller girl chuckles. “But if you want to play safe, you peek through the triangle, see?” She guides Eunbi’s bigger hands into hers and stretches her palm.

“Your hands are really small.” Eunbi whispers while Yerin is still holding her hands. “How come you could do the sets so perfectly when I can’t, mine are bigger though.”

“Bi ah, you know that we should never judge a book by its cover, right?” Yerin puts down their hands and pulls Eunbi closer to her, bow hugging Eunbi in her arms. “It is not about where you started, it is the effort, the sweats and time that you devoted, those are what matters.”

“Suddenly so deep hmm?” Eunbi thinks that she heard something more than just the technique that Yerin is sharing.

“Just speaking out of experiences.” Yerin smiles as she put down her arms and stares at her own palm, those cuts and buries that she has on her hands throughout the years, each of them implying how much she devoted to the sport.

 

Out of nowhere, Yerin looks at Eunbi. “Do you know that volleyball is not the first sport that I like?”

Eunbi frowns. “You have been part of the team since I knew you 6 years ago.”

“I used to like badminton more.” Yerin says. “But after I tried volleyball in primary five, I know what is the love of my life after all.

We may not know ourselves from the beginning, we might not know what we truly like when we start. We may get lost in the way searching for our loves, but I always believe that there will always be a way leading to what is destined for us if we do not give up searching. We could never know the ending when we are just reading the prologue, we need to be our own pilot and explore our world in order to find the loves of our lives, to meet our soulmate in the galaxy. It might take long before we could reach our destination, but it does not matter how long it takes for us to find them, as long as we could meet them in our life, the wait is worth of it.”

 

“Why out of a sudden?” Eunbi scoots closer to the girl and wraps her arms around the volleyball team captain’s waist. She knows that there must be something on the girl’s mind for the latter to say such things. After being together for nearly half years’ time, Eunbi knows that Yerin is never an expressive person, she could tell the girl is working hard to improve, trying to tell how she feels from time to time. But Yerin is the type of girl that usually keeps things to herself, not wanting to bother others.

“Just want to tell you how lucky I felt that I found you in my life.” Yerin locks her arms above Eunbi’s.

“Why?” Eunbi tightens her grip.

Yerin shakes her head, and smiles. “Just feeling thankful. Thank you for staying with me every day even I am all sweats and dirt. Thank you for being patient with me even though I cannot make time to hang out with you. Thank you for always being there for me even though I tell you not to come. Thank you Eunbi ah.”

“Silly, of course I am there, I will always be.” Eunbi pulls away and hit Yerin’s forehead slightly. “Something happened?”

Yerin does not reply, she locks her gaze with the girl in front of her. Not wanting to push her girlfriend, Eunbi said. “You can tell me if you want to, no pressure here.”

“Nah, it’s nothing actually, the kids were teasing at us just now.” Yerin let out a faint laugh. “They said you look like whipped for me.”

“Well, observative teammates you got there, I can’t say they are wrong.” Eunbi decides to go with the flow and join the bandwagon.

Yerin blushes to the subtle remark and looks everywhere but Eunbi, then she continues. “They also said that you are a lot more better than him.”

 

“Oh.” Eunbi now knows why Yerin is suddenly confessing her affections towards her. In the past six months, Yerin is trying hard to move on, it has been under good progress but still whenever someone mentions about her past, the uneasy look on Yerin’s face bothers Eunbi a lot. It isn’t that she is jealous or mad at the girl, it is nothing close to that. To be honest, Eunbi sometimes feels annoyed when she finds out Taehyung is out there still trying to approach her girl and to stir up the buried history. But there is no way that she could get angry at Yerin as she also appreciates how determined Yerin is trying to get rid of the past. Eunbi promises herself that the only things she would give Yerin is the love for her to heal, the time for the wound to skin over and her full support. She is not planning to urge Yerin out of her past, she wants the girl to walk out of the zone on her own. Although Eunbi has not been in any relationships before, she believes that is the only way to move on completely, to forget the past by herself.

 

“Do you think so?” Eunbi asks.

Yerin looks at her seriously. “I never really wanted to put you two up on weight, but beyond doubt you are a lot more better Eunbi than him, a lot more, don’t you even dare trying to look down on yourself.”

“How though?” Eunbi let out a bitter smile. Although Yerin is known for the one keeping stuffs to herself between the two while Eunbi is always the one voicing out her emotions, there are also stuffs that Eunbi does not tell the girl as well. Such as a boy named no other than Taehyung contacting her a few days ago, stating that he would take back what is his. What was his. Eunbi mumbled to herself. “He is the star student and the charming class leader after all.”

“Hey.” Yerin lifts Eunbi’s chin up and makes their eyes meet. “But you are my star. Isn’t that enough?”

 

Without fancy words, it is neither a long passage, just with a few words, yet, they make Eunbi’s heart skipped at least three beats. Yerin never needs to talk much to steal her heart away again and again, through her actions, her words, Eunbi is willing to give whatever she has to the girl on her own will.

“They are wrong.”

Yerin frowned. “What?”

“I am not whipped for you Jung Yerin, I am head over heels already, and you made me fell all over again.”

 

 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Long time no see guys:) Thanks for those who has always been staying with me from the beginning till now. Still, no matter when you join, hope you would still enjoy the little moments as much as I do :D