Drama [1]

Fantasy Doodles

Final exams have passed, every student has a week's time to enjoy their life before they get back their papers and results. Well not all of the students, as the drama club is going to hold their annual show at the end on the semester, the whole crew has to start their preparation for the new play. Yerin is part of the club, but she is not those shining in the front stage, she never likes to step in front of others to act or speak, she rather stays behind and be their support. Yerin is in the back stage team, she is the drama club's deputy stage manager in charge, DSM for short. DSM is the one who controls all sound and lighting effects during the performances. She needs to be extremely concentrated to call every cue to keep the show smoothly going. Her friends are along with her in the club as well, Sojung is the stage manager, the head of the back stage, while Yuna is her assistant, the ASM. Literally, they are the Big Three of the back stage, everything they say would be the rule.

 

The first day after exam, Sojung and Yuna go back to school to mark signs in the school hall. The play would be 8 scenes in total, that means they need lots of stickers with different colour and in different shape. Sojung is busy measuring the sets' length while Yuna is sticking those colour tapes into different shapes. There are so many sets for the play, and they need to be moved from scene to scene. As itias just in the preparation process, their crew members do not need to attend, which means there would only be Sojung and Yuna, two people to finish the entire job. The duo work from 11 am till 7 pm straight, yet they have just finished scene 6's planning, they even skipped lunch to work that afternoon.

"Urgg when can we go and have dinner! Why there are so many freaking scenes!" Yuna shouts in frustration, she throws away her tapes and lies down on the stage floor. "Who is the playwright for this year! We really need to talk to him Sojung ah! Last year it was only five scenes yet we were already busy as hell while on show! It's not possible to have so many scenes and sets while we only have like ten people as our crew member."

Sojung goes over and sits down next to the girl. "I know, I had already warned the director when he gave me the plot. I told him it was impossible, but he, being both the director and the playwright, he said he wanted the performance to be the grandest among all years. As many of us were in our last year as a club member, next year we will be in year 6 and final year students could not participate. Him, you, me and Yerin, it is our last production Yuna ah, we will need to pull our best out."

 

As if on cue, Yerin appears in front of them when Sojung mentions about her. "Hey, talking about me?"

“Hi, Yerin.” Sojung greets her friend, “We are just talking this coming performance will be our last production. But why are you here? Don’t we have our crew meeting tomorrow?”

Yerin raises her arm which is holding the boxes of pizza. “I knew you guys would skip lunch and maybe dinner too. I am free tonight so I just decided to come and help, just treat me as a tiny little crew, stage manager nim~” Yerin teases.

“You are our saviour Yerin ah!”  Yuna shouts and gets up to her feet, walking towards Yerin.

While eating the pizzas, the three discuss more on their production. Then the three of them proceed to stick the sticker marks. After all of the scenes are done, it is already 10:30 pm.

 

“Thanks god we can finally go home!” Yuna yells in excitement.

“Yeah, but we still have the crew meeting tomorrow.” Sojung reminds the girl. “By the way Yerin, have you done your cue sheet already? You will be the first to present at tomorrow’s meeting.”

Yerin shakes her head, “Well I am acting on it, but the sound team had not finalised their designs just now when I left home. Probably I will have the list by now, I will do it later tonight.”

“Eh? Then why are you still coming out? It's a lot work to do.” Yuna says.

Yerin smiles at her two friends, “If I don't come, you guys will be working till midnight. It’s okay, I will be quick for the cue sheets, it’s not my first time to be the DSM anyways.”

The three walk to the school’s main gate, there they meet a girl, leaning against the gate, listening to her music with earphones in.

“Hey.” Yerin smiles right away when she sees the girl.

Eunbi takes off her earbuds and grins, “Hey.”

“Why are you here Eunbi? It’s late already.” Yuna frowns, she has no idea what Eunbi is doing.

"Er... I decided to have a night run so I came by the school, you know, I am not living far away from here." Eunbi smiles sheepishly.

"Yuna ah, don't ask those silly questions. Our little couple is embarrassed." Sojung laughs and hangs her arms onto Yuna's shoulders. "We will leave you love birds alone, see you tomorrow Yerin."

"Bye Sojung, bye Yuna. See you." Yerin waves at them and grabs Eunbi's hands. "So you are really running by?"

Eunbi shows the plastic bag she is hiding behind her back. "Yeah, after you told me that you're going back school to help the two, I decided to have a run to the dessert shop to buy my girl some treats."

Yerin peeks into the bag, it is her favourite mango pancake.

 

The two walk to a bench at a park nearby, Yerin sits down and starts to have a taste of her dessert. She feels the mangos are sweeter than usual. She could not help but smiling to herself. She then holds a spoonful of pancakes and turns to Eunbi.

"Bi, say ah." Yerin holds the spoon right in front of Eunbi's mouth.

Eunbi is never a fan of sweets, she does not like chocolates or candies, her favourite is coffee. But she opens anyways, it is her princess feeding her, who wouldn't obey, right? The mango is sweet as usual, but unexpectedly, not the taste that Eunbi dislikes, Eunbi thinks she would probably start to like this kind of fruit from now on. It feels just perfect.

"Yerin?" Yerin looks at the said girl, signalling her to go on.

"Do you know what I love you most?"

Yerin feels her face becoming hot, she hangs her head low and shakes it.

"That you always care for your friends more than yourself. You help others when you are also in need, you value the important people in your life more than yourself." Eunbi says sincerely, she caresses her girlfriend's face and holds Yerin's chin up, she stares into those brown orbs. "You share whatever you have with people you care for, you never mind if they will just take it for granted or feeling grateful. You help others simply because you want to. It is always a pleasure to be a friend of yours."

"Bi, you're way more caring than I do, you just never notice it." Yerin smiles.

"I like how you treat your friends, and I want to be one of them, or even a special one. I want to be the one you care most."

Yerin leans in and closes her eyes until their forehead touched. "And you're always my No.1 priority, forever and always."

 

"Always."