Summer Trip [2]

Fantasy Doodles

‘Nuni busige aleumdaun bada..’

The song blasts through the whole room, Yerin rolls over wanting to hug her giant Jibang tight and trying to hide her head under the pillow to catch some more sleeps. Just then she finds her Jibang as hard as human bones, where has her doll gone to? Yerin opens her eyes and meets another pair of orbs.

Eunbi punches Yerin’s nose softly, “Hey, morning.”

“Morning.” Yerin smiles and lays her head onto Eunbi’s chest, “You’ve been watching me for long?”

“Around ten minutes I think? I could have watched you more.” Eunbi tries to comb Yerin’s messy hair, “You must be tired after all these days of walking, is your leg still hurting?”

Although Yerin is a sporty one, her right leg is always hurting once she walks too much in a certain day. According to her own calculations, if she walks more than 12000 steps that day, her ankle would be in pain for the next few days. Sojung always laughs at her, calling her a granny with 70-year-old bones, as it is not only her leg, if the weather is bad, rainy or stormy within the week, Yerin would feel pain coming from all over her body. And as on the first day, Yerin had the volleyball match, and yesterday was the second day that the school had the students a whole day tour around different universities, they really walked a lot. Yerin had been suffering from dreadful pain since the night before. She put on hot packs on her muscles thought out the night in order to soften the pain and grabbed some sleeps.

“Better than last night, your massaging skills are really working Bi.” Yerin chuckles, “Just let me stretch my legs a little more later, I think they will be able to deal with the work load today. It is just the theme park, right?”

“Yeah, my favorite place.” Eunbi grins. On the third day, the school arranges the students to two schedules, they could choose whether they would like to go to the theme park or the aquarium center to see animals and shows. And of course, Miss Hwang Eunbi chooses the theme park while her girlfriend does not have the chance to say no at all.

 

After breakfast, the students set off their ways. It is quite sad that their friends all decide to go to the aquarium, so it makes only Yerin and Eunbi going to the park. But it is not like Eunbi cares anyways, she is just wanting to spend time with her girl, alone. She had been studying the park’s map nights ago when Yerin fell asleep too quickly even before Eunbi came out from the bath room nights on their first day of the trip. Right after the teacher announces the time for meet up again, he dismisses the students. Eunbi grabs Yerin’s hands and drags the girl to one of the thrill rides.

“Come on Rinnie! We are going for the roller coasters first! To get you warmed up!” Eunbi yells excitedly.

“My god… remind me again why I dated you…” Yerin mumbles to herself while looking at the giant ride in front of her eyes.

Out of Yerin’s expectation, she does not get a heart attack on that ride, she actually has no idea what is going on during that ride. She keeps her eyes shut, she squeezes onto Eunbi’s hand firmly and she does not breath in that entire 120 seconds, she is quite amused that she does not die due to the lack of oxygen. Also, out of Yerin’s expectations, that is not her only ride of the day. After the roller coaster, Eunbi brings her to the pirate ship for another ride. And just after they get off the ride, Eunbi begins to pull her to another one, this time Yerin stuns completely, where they are going, that is where the turbo drop is located.

“No… not this one Bi… I really can’t take this.” Yerin nearly tears up just by looking at the machine.

“Don't worry Rinnie, I will hold your hands!”

“No… this is too high… really Bi…” Yerin is already begging her girlfriend as if her life depending, well technically it is really a decision that her life is depending on.

“But I have been looking forward to this the most!” Eunbi starts to pout, “Just this once Rinnie, I promise this will be the last one.”

“I will wait you down here. You go enjoy yourself. Go and have fun!” Yerin flashes her brightest smile and pushes her girlfriend towards the lineup crowd.

 

While waiting for the girl, Yerin goes to the food stalls and buy herself some snacks in order to comfort her stomach and her heart. She looks at the menu and pulls out two bills from her wallet. “One coke and one hotdog please.” Coke is her favourite and hotdog is Eunbi’s. She brings the snacks to a bench and waits for her girl to finish the ride.

"Hey." Someone pats Yerin's head from the back which makes the girl jumps at instant, she turns around and sees the person who frightened her. "Oh, hi Taehyung."

“I thought you would be going to the aquarium though? You never like the rides.” Taehyung looks at Yerin with amusement, he surly does not think of bumping into the girl there. “You never agreed to go with me in the past.”

“I’ve changed then.” Yerin simply replies without too much emotions in her voice, “Time passed, and people changed.” She stands up wanting to walk away, she does not want to get in touch with the boy anymore.

Taehyung grips Yerin’s arms as he sees the girl is leaving, “Can’t we talk properly? You are not this cold to me before Yerin.”

Taehyung’s grip is so strong that Yerin could not get rid of him, but she does not turn back to face the boy. “Yes, I wasn’t, but you are always cold to me. Whenever I needed you most, you were never there. You only find me when you get bored on your girlfriends. Taehyung, I am not a toy that you could pick up anytime you want or throw me away when you have new interests, I have feelings too.” Yerin blinks fast, she looks at the floor, not wanting the other passing-byers to see her tearing up, she hates herself to cry in front of others. “Please, let go of me.”

“No.” Taehyung even tightens his grip, “I can be here for you now, I promise I won’t leave you this time.”

“But I don't need you anymore.” Yerin says softly, “Just said that we were met in the wrong timing Taehyung, learn to let go.”

“But we could make things right again, Yennie ah. Give me another chance, I never once forget about you in all these years.” Taehyung is not giving up, he really means his words, Yerin is his first love and the girl has always been in his mind even if he is dating some other girls.

“I’ve tried my best asking you to stay,” Yerin could not contain her tears anymore when she hears how Taehyung addresses her. It was how the boy used to call her when they were still a couple, ‘Yennie’. “Yet, you still left me. All these years I had a hard time moving on and I was tired. Now, I’ve moved on and you want me to stay again? Really Taehyung? Please, let me go.”

“No-”

“She said LET HER GO.” Taehyung is cut off by a cold voice behind him. Yerin finally turns and faces the boy whom she is talking to all this long, she sees Eunbi walking towards them and the girl slaps Taehyung’s hand off her girlfriend’s arm. Eunbi pulls Yerin behind her and glares at Taehyung. “Which word do you not understand, house president?”

“This is none of your business Hwang, do not meddle in others’ matters.” Taehyung stares back at Eunbi.

“You are absolutely right, so back off and don’t ever try to touch my girl. She was not your business anymore when you broke her heart.” Eunbi grabs Yerin’s hands gently and the two walk away from the boy.

 

After going to a place with lesser people, Eunbi finds a bench and both of them sit down. Yerin hangs her head low, she is still sobbing although she tries her best to control her breath. Eunbi glances at the girl sitting next to her, Yerin's arm has some eye-catching red marks, just by seeing those they make Eunbi burns inside her again. She hates to see her girl being hurt, not to mention because of that freaking heartless boy. Eunbi wraps her arms around the crying girl's shoulders, pulling Yerin into a side hug. She does not say anything but just keep patting Yerin's back, she just wants to show the girl that she is always there for her. After some more moments when Yerin finally calms down, Eunbi intertwines their hands and looks at her girl softly. "Did he hurt you any elsewhere?" Yerin shakes her head, her eyes are red after tearing up.

"Are you okay?" Eunbi lifts Yerin's chin up and looks into those orbs.

Yerin sighs, "I hoped I could be, but it still hurts Bi. I thought the wound had already healed, but whenever he appeared in front of me, the wound tore itself up and it hurts all over again." Yerin's tears starts to run down her cheeks again. "It hurts Bi. So much when the memories kept flashing back."

 

Eunbi pulls Yerin into her embrace and tightens her grip. No matter how much time her girl needs Eunbi will wait for her. She would not let Yerin walk on her own, she would be there to guide her girl out of the pain, even if it takes whatever she has, she is not going to give up on them.

"I know, give yourself time to heal. I will always help you to patch your wounds Rinnie."