Breakfast Date

Fantasy Doodles

Yerin could not sleep that night after Eunbi confessed to her at the subway station. She forgets what is like to be in a relationship already. She closes her eyes, it has been three years since she last has someone officially staying in her heart. She touches her left part of her chest, she feels movements under her palm. She knows her heart jumps for Eunbi. Yerin smiles to herself and slowly drifts to dreamland.

 

The next morning, Yerin wakes up earlier than usual. As Yerin usually goes to school with her younger brother Hwecheol and her father every morning. The three goes to the same place, Hwecheol is four years younger than Yerin, now in year one and her dad, is the vice-principal of the school. However, today Yerin wakes up earlier and goes to school by herself, she skips all the way long down to the subway station. She has a breakfast date with Eunbi before their lesson starts.

 

Eunbi is waiting Yerin at the subway station’s gate. She has her earphones in, leading against the wall and scrolling her phone. Then her phone chimes.

[Jung Yerin Ssi: Mornign Eunbi ah! I am on my way going to school, where do you want to eat?]

Eunbi smiles at her phone and started to type. Moments later, Yerin receives her reply.

[Eunbi<3: Morning Yerin ah. What do you have in mind?]

Yerin thinks of some seconds, then a place pops up in her mind.

[Jung Yerin Ssi: How about the Mcdonalds near our school? I want to have hot chocolate to start my day.]

[Eunbi<3: Sure, I’ll meet you there. :)]

 

Placing back her phone into her uniform’s pocket, Yerin hums some notes when taking out her octopus card for the gate machine. Right there, she sees the girl in her dreams yesterday standing in front of here.

“Morning.” Eunbi smiles at her.

Yerin’s eyes goes wide, “What are you doing here Eunbi? It’s six thirty in the morning yet you came all the way to this station?”

“Surprise huh?” Eunbi takes Yerin’s hand and holds them with hers. “I can’t really sleep last night as you are running on my mind, so I decided to come and meet you for real instead of in my dreams.”

Yerin could not help but to feel fluttered, “You need to rest Eunbi ah, when did you wake up this morning? “

“Shuuu, it’s okay, I’m not tired. Not after when I am with my power source.” Eunbi squeezes their hands and the two stands at the platform to wait for the subway.

 

On their way back to school, Eunbi falls asleep on Yerin’s shoulders. Yerin takes the chance to admire her girl. Her girl, it sounds just perfect. Yerin smiles and intertwines their fingers together. Eunbi’s eyelashes are so long, her lips are pretty. Yerin takes out her phone and takes the photo of a sleeping Eunbi on her shoulders, she sets it as her phone’s wallpaper. Yerin is really glad that her has a beautiful girlfriend. But she is somehow worried as well, Eunbi’s prettiness is popular among the school, there are always students confessing to the girl. When Yerin is in her own thoughts, Eunbi’s phone rings and pulls Yerin out of her daze. Eunbi is woken up by the ringtone and rubbing her eyes, she takes out her phone and slides the green button to the right.

“Hello?”

“Oh, sorry, I forgot to tell you yesterday Jackson oppa, I have something up to this morning and I won’t be able to go to school with you. Yeah my fault, I will make it up to you soon. Yeah yeah, okay bye.” Yerin does not speak throughout Eunbi’s call, she could not help but glance at Eunbi’s phone, it writes: [Wang Jackson<3] Yerin closes her eyes, she tells herself not to ruin their morning. Calm down Yerin ah. Then she feels warmth on her cheeks, she opens her eyes and sees Eunbi poking her face, Yerin raises her eyebrows and glares at the girl.

“What?” Yerin tries not to be cold, but the words come out are still as cold as ice.

Eunbi is taken aback a little, she does not know what is going wrong. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“You are angry.” Eunbi pouts. “You know you can always tell me, right?”

Yerin looks everywhere on the train but Eunbi, “What-is-Jackson-oppa-heart?”

Eunbi thinks Yerin is rapping, “Sorry I could not catch, what did you just say?”

Yerin finally turns to Eunbi, “Aish! Why is Jackson oppa with a heart on your phone!”

“Ah… that one, he took my phone and set it himself, you know I won’t put those emojis as the contact name.” Eunbi shrugs. “Hey… are you mad?”

“What is my name on your contact list?”

“Hmmm, well…I have not change it since the day I met you, so…” Eunbi feels sweats on her forehead right now.

“WHAT IS MY CONTACT NAME ON YOUR PHONE HWANG EUNBI?” Yerin glares at the girl.

“Jung Yerin ssi... You…you could change it now! Yes, now! What do you want me to put Yerin ah?” Eunbi uses her puppy eyes to look at Yerin.

Yerin feels soft after seeing those eyes, “I will let this one pass for now, but next time I check you better had changed my contact name already! And his as well!”

“Of course, anything for my princess. I have something nice in mind already.” Eunbi grins, “And by the way, I don't want to call you by your name which everybody does, it doesn't make me special. Do you mind if I call you Rinnie when we are alone?”

“That’s a little cheesy… but as long as I could call you Bi.”

“Deal” Both of them hold their hands up and make the pinky promise.

 

After getting off the subway, they go to the McDonalds right next to the station and grab their breakfast. Yerin goes upstairs to get seats while Eunbi is buying their food. Yerin takes out her phone while waiting and when she is scrolling her Instagram, she feels someone sitting down in front of her. She keeps her eyes fix on her phone, “That is fast-”

“Are you alone?” A voice that is not belonging to the girl she is waiting speaks up.

Yerin raises her head and sees her classmate, as well as Eunbi’s childhood friend, Moonbin sitting in front of her. “Ah I was actually with Eun-”

Yerin is being cut off once again, “She is with me Moonbin.” Eunbi speaks coldly behind the two, holding the food tray in her hands.

“Opps, sorry I ruin you two’s best friend date, I thought you are alone. So, I will meet you two later in class? Bye Yerin, see ya Eunbi.” Moonbin says and leaves the store.

 

“Things are getting complicated, aren’t they?” Yerin says after some moments of awkward silence. Moonbin has been crushing on Yerin even before Yerin met Taehyung. He started to court Yerin since form 2. He had been confessing several times already, technically one time per each semester as Yerin remembers crystal clear. But Yerin turns him down every single time, he is a good person, just not Yerin’s type. Yerin does not know if it is the correct word to describe him as a persistence person, but never does once Moonbin decide to give up after Yerin’s rejection, he keeps on trying to find ways to impress the girl. And the worst of all, is that he is one of Eunbi’s very important friends, Yerin does not know what the two friends would do once Moonbin finds out Eunbi and her are officially dating now.

“I will talk to him somedays later.” Eunbi holds Yerin’s hand which is resting on the table.

“Don't ruin your friendship because of me Bi.” Yerin says softly but sincerely.

 

“Don't worry I will settle this soundly,” Eunbi smiles and squeezes their intertwined hands.

“I won’t share you with anyone this time.”