Summer Trip [1]

Fantasy Doodles

The annual show goes superb good, the entire crew gets a standing ovation at the end of their performance. Eunbi goes onto the stage to give her girlfriend bunches of flowers during curtain call along with Yerin’s younger brother, Hwecheol . Yerin manages to hold her tears back while on stage, but once the curtain closes completely, when everyone is busying taking photos with their family and friends, she goes down back to the control room and throws herself into the arms of Eunbi’s, who has been waiting for her girl there. Yerin cries out loud in Eunbi’s embrace, those weeks really has been tough for the DSM, she pays off so much for her last production. Eunbi knows how important the show means for Yerin, she shows her full support all the way long, Eunbi is glad that her girl completes her dream too.

 

After the show, the next day is the school’s closing ceremony for the semester. Then it would be the start of the summer holiday. Well not for all students, as this year, the year five students are on a study trip. The trip is aiming to let their students go visiting different universities in different cities, so they could have more choice on where to continue their further studies. Last year, the school held the trip to China and the year before was in Japan, this year, it is going to be a 5 days 4 nights trip in Taiwan. Technically no one really takes it as a study trip, not even the teachers. Although they would be visiting universities and attend talks for two days or the trip, usually it is just a chance for the students to hang out, to have fun during their travel.

 

The night before the flight, Yerin goes to Sojung's house to stay over as Sojung's home is only one station away from the airport, she could arrive at the airport much easier than leaving from her house. Besides Yerin, the elder Eunbi and Yuna also go to Sojung's house, they throw a little party before they go to bed. While eating chickens and drinking beer, big Eunbi and Yuna soon fall asleep on the sofa. Sojung is still able to wake up Yuna and tell the girl to go onto her bed to sleep, but it does not work for another girl, Eunbi has already been in deep slumber. Sojung stares at the sleeping girl for a long period of time, she wants to ask Yerin for help, but the girl is too busy biting off chicken wings. Without another choice, Sojung lifts Eunbi up in bridal style and carries the sleeping girl into her room, carefully places the girl in her bed besides Yuna.

 

After covering both of them with blankets, Sojung goes back to the living room and finds a smirking Yerin.

"Did Prince Charming kiss her princess goodnight?" Yerin teases.

"Shut up." Sojung groans, she has developed a crush towards the small girl since the last semester, Yerin knows it from Sojung's looks and faces whenever the girl is around them. She always teases Sojung about not making a move, but deep down she does not know why Sojung is hesitant on asking the girl out, she dare not to ask though, if Sojung wants to tell her, the girl eventually will.

"Still waiting the perfect chance Charming?" Yerin bites onto her chicken.

"Do you want me to remind you how long did your Hwang Eunbi wait for you?" Sojung raises her eyebrows. "Three freaking years in total Jung Yerin! Stop the teasing else I will tell your parents you are dating behind them."

Yerin's dad is the vice principal of their school, he is a kind and nice teacher that every student loves him. He is very close to his students, many of them like to chat with him during recess and lunch times in his office. However, her family is quite strict, they do not say 'no dating' on hard and fast rules, but everyone knows Yerin's dad does not want her daughter to involve in a relationship in such a young age.

"Okay, sorry, truce." Yerin strikes her tongue out.

"By the way, how are you and her? Everything still going smooth?" Sojung could never forget that day when Yerin told her about Eunbi and her, the girl's smiles were so bright and her face was full of happiness. Sojung wished how she could have a someone to light up her world as well.

"Better than ever. Eunbi is very caring to me during the production's period. Speaking of the production, hey! I knew you are the one who told Eunbi about me sleeping at school overnight! You betrayed me Kim Sojung!" Yerin shouts and runs behind Sojung trying to catch the girl.

"Because you never listen to me so I have to use your girl’s girlfriend power! And lower down your voice! You will wake them up! I swear I am going to throw you out of my house if any of them wakes up because of you!" Sojung runs behind the sofa trying to dodge her friend.

The two big girls run around the house like some little kids in the playground, them both of them fall into the sofa and doze off in a second.

 

The next day’s morning, the four of them arrive at the airport early, after settle down their luggage to their class teachers, they go to some nearby shops to grab their breakfast.  When Yerin is lining up in the cashier, she is actually having a hard time struggling to read the menu of the wall behind the store. She wore her contact lens that morning, but she is never a big fan of those, they always make her uncomfortable, she just wears them today because she is going to have a match later on that day. On the first day of their schedule, after they have arrived, there would be a welcoming ceremony for their school and both the boys’ basketball team and the girls’ volleyball team would have a friendly match with the host school. Suddenly someone back hugs Yerin which makes her screamed a little.

“Morning princess.” The girl from behind smiles.

“Bi you scared me!” Yerin rubs her chest. “See, my heart nearly popped out because of you!”

“That’s good to know that it is always jumping for me.” Eunbi laughs and holds Yerin’s hand on her chest, “You didn’t wear your lens?”

“I did, but I guess they are moving away, I need to fix them later.” Yerin says.

Eunbi frowns and pushes Yerin, “You go and fix them now, I will order for you.”

“Okay, I am sitting there with the girls.” Yerin points at her left.

“I know, I have already greeted them before coming to you, don’t worry.” Eunbi pats her girlfriend’s head. “Walk carefully and take your time!”

“Aye aye.” Yerin smiles and left the shop.

 

After their breakfast, the five of them go back to the check-up counter and go to their classes to report respectively. Yerin, little Eunbi and Sojung were in class E, while elder Eunbi and Yuna are in class C, and the not yet showed up girl, Kim Yewon is in class F, the most intelligent class that she claims to be.

“Where is Yewon? She seldom comes late.” Sojung asks, “Eh? Eunbi why aren’t you coming with Yewon? You guys live in the same estate.”

“Um… Well... I… I decided to come early to fetch my girl first, so… haha.” Eunbi scratches her head, she smiles to Sojung but actually she is so worried about her friend now. In five more minutes, they would be moving to the customs, if Yewon does not show up in the coming minutes, she could not board onto their flight on time.

“There!” Yerin points at a shadow who is running towards them, Yewon rushes over to put down her luggage just in time before she reports to her class teacher.

“Where have you been Yewon ah!” Yerin passes her bottle of water to Yewon.

“YOUR GIRLFRIEND!” Yewon shouts before gulping down mouthfuls of water. “She called me this morning when I was already in the train station, said you forgot to bring your jacket and she forgot to bring yours for you as well. So I have to rush to her home and bring her that jacket!” Yewon pulls out the coat from her bag and throws it towards Eunbi. “HERE YOU ARE DUMMY! CHECK YOUR STUFFS BEFORE YOU LEAVE NEXT TIME!”

“Thanks buddy.” Eunbi grins, she catches the jacket right in her arms and stuffs the jacket into Yerin’s backpack.

 

“Come on boys and girls, we will be passing the customs now. Please follow your class teacher, we will go class by class. Class F you are the first to go, class E after!” Their teachers announce, Yewon waves to her friends and goes back to her group. Yerin holds Eunbi’s hand before their class starts to walk. The girl looks at her with questions in her eyes, Yerin just smiles at her girlfriend and intertwines their fingers together.

 

This is going to be an interesting trip.

 

 

During their plane towards Taiwan, their seats are randomly generated by the systems, and perhaps it is really fate? Eunbi and Yerin get their seats together. Eunbi says it should be because of their surnames’ initials, “H” following by “J”, but Yerin claims it to be fate anyways.

 

[Ladies and gentlemen, good evening. Welcome on board FG115.  This is your first officer speaking and I have some information about our flight. Today we have captain Soo as our flight manager…]

“Hey, fasten your seatbelts!” Eunbi pulls the strips together and buckles for the girl.

Yerin laughs and holds Eunbi’s hands after the girl helps her to fasten her seatbelts. “Bi are you scared?”

“No! I mean, w..why will I be? Of course not!” Eunbi’s face reddened in a second, she tries to look away from Yerin, but the girl holds her cheeks and turns Eunbi back to face her.

“It will be safe don’t worry. I am always here with you.” Yerin says softly, “But aren’t your dream is being a pilot? How come you are afraid of airplanes Bi ah.”

“That’s why! I want to drive safe! I hate those pilots who drive like we are suffering for turbulence throughout the whole flight!” Eunbi scoffs, “I will not let my passengers suffer if I am a pilot.”

“Sure, you won’t. You will definitely be the best pilot.” Yerin pokes Eunbi’s cheeks and smiled. “I did not really sleep much in Sojung’s house yesterday, and now I am as tired as a log, don't wake me up until it’s landing, okay?”

“Sure princess, close your eyes.” Eunbi holds Yerin’s head gently onto her shoulders and the latter drifts to dreamland right away. Eunbi pulls out the jacket that Yewon brings her earlier and covers it over her girl.

 

At around noon, the plane lands swiftly, Eunbi wakes the girl up and the tour leaves the plane right away. They go onto a bus and head off to their hotel. When the bus arrives at their destination, the group goes off the bus and the teachers gather everyone around.

“Students listen up. We will have two of you in one room, you need to be same in order to be roommates, clear?” Their class teacher announces while holding the hotel door cards. “You can pair up with whoever you like, just come to me once you’ve done pairing up and I will give you keys.”

“Ne~”

Yerin looks at Eunbi, Eunbi nods and so the girl goes to their class teacher. Just when Yerin is away, their classmate, Dahyun comes for Eunbi. “Hey, do you have a partner already? Wanna sleep with me princess?” Dahyun has been courting Eunbi for years, she always finds ways to chat with Eunbi, or hangs out with the girl. In the past, Yerin knows they are friends so she is usually fine to it, but now as they are girlfriends, Yerin could not help but to feel jealous, although Dahyun does not known their relationship yet as the two have not opened to public their status, Yerin still feels jealous, especially at the part “sleep with me princess”.

“Unfortunately, she has.” Yerin says coldly behind, she sweeps Dahyun’s hands off Eunbi’s shoulders and pulls the girl into her side. “She is going to sleep with ME throughout the trip, sorry.”

“Ah, I guess I was a step late this time?” Dahyun raises her eyebrows at Yerin, she has been aware of the two are getting ridiculously close these months, but she has no idea why. Dahyun glares at Yerin before she walks away. “I will be quicker than you next time Yerin ssi. See you later princess.”

 

Yerin is fuming mad, ‘Who does she think she is? Sleep with Bi? My Eunbi?? And who is her freaking princess? Hell to her next time!’

Eunbi could feel fire rising from Yerin’s entire body, she knows she is in trouble, big trouble. She looks at Sojung who is watching the whole scene from behind for help, Sojung mouths her, “Sorry, pal. Danger index level Max. Cannot help.”

Eunbi smacks herself mentally, then she turns to her fuming girlfriend. “Hey princess.”

Yerin is not replying, she turns her back towards Eunbi. Eunbi tries again, she pulls Yerin’s sleeves, “Hey… I’m sorry…” Yerin is still not looking back at Eunbi, Eunbi is scared, she does not want to fight with her girlfriend right on their first day of their trip, however, thanks to Dahyun, the situation now is just the worse among she could have imagine. After the teacher dismisses the class, Yerin walks straight to their room. She does not look back at Eunbi, but she takes Eunbi’s suitcase along with her, Eunbi could not even protest Yerin has already headed off, Eunbi could only tag along behind. After entering the room and shutting the door closed, Yerin pins Eunbi on the wall and stares deeply into the girl’s orbs.

Eunbi swallows hard, “Rinnie…?”

“Only I am allowed to call you Princess, CLEAR?” Yerin’s focus is still on the girl’s eyes, those eyes never fail to make her fall, deeper each time.

Eunbi nods nervously, she slowly reaches Yerin’s hands “Are you mad at me?”

“No,” Yerin’s eyes drifts downwards to their girl’s lips. “I was mad at her. I hate people taking my things, not to add exactly in front of me.”

“I am sorry, I promise I will talk to her late-” Eunbi is not able to finish her line as her lips are sealed with a kiss. Eunbi is out of words, she is stunned at the moment. It is her first kiss, she does not know how to react, she closes her eyes and let her body takes over control.

 

The kiss is still yet long. Eunbi feels sweetness from her body, she thinks her glucose level is going to exceed the threshold if the kiss is lasting any seconds more, but she would die out of happiness than to break away. Yerin pulls away tenderly after some more seconds, both of them are still lingering on their first shared kiss.

Yerin presses her forehead against Eunbi's, "You can only be my one and only princess, arasso?" Yerin keeps her eyes closed and whispers into the girl's ears.

Eunbi answers by pressing one more kiss onto her girlfriend’s lips which as only centimeters away from hers. “Ne.”

 

After completely breaking apart, Yerin goes to pack her things, she needs to pack her gears as the friendly match would be starting right away. After their visit to the school then it would be match time, dinner came last. While Yerin is busy stuffing things into her backpack, Eunbi looks at her girlfriend’s figure who is at the bedside and flashbacked to moments before, their first kiss. Eunbi feels the room’s temperature goes up high again, she shakes her head and goes over to back hug her girl.

“Wae?” Yerin smiles and secures her arms on Eunbi’s.

“That was my first kiss.” Eunbi says shyly, “And it felt just perfect with you.”

Yerin let out a chuckle, then she says softly, “It was my first as well, Bi ah.”

Eunbi could not digest the information right away, this is not Yerin’s first relationship, her first relationship was with Taehyung back when they were in Year 3, that’s why Eunbi did not anticipate this would be Yerin’s first. “What..? Wait! You mean-”

“Hurry up Bi, we need to get going! We will be late if you don't move now.” Yerin urges Eunbi to get up from their bed and pushes the girl out of their room. “You have too many questions, let’s answer them later.” Yerin smiles and grabs Eunbi’s hands with hers.

 

Once the group starts to walk around the host school, Yerin and Eunbi have to break apart. As the president of their house, both basketball and volleyball team captains have to walk with the teachers and officials in the lead of their tour. Yerin has no choice but to follow the teacher’s order, she nods apologetically to Eunbi, Eunbi just smiles and pushes her off, she knows those are the times she has to deal with while having a star student as girlfriend, she feels proud for Yerin anyways. Although Yerin is the daughter of their school’s vice principal, she never uses her privileges as a teacher’s child, she even tries to hide her identity when she is younger, she does not want others to know and treat her differently. What she has achieved now, are all earned by her own efforts, and this is one of the points that Eunbi admires her girlfriend most. The girl has a shortcut right in front of her, but Yerin does not climb onto that path, she chooses the tough one instead.

 

After the tour walk, the matches begin. Students could choose on their own behalf, whether to watch the basketball one or the volleyball match. You are guessing that all of the girls would rush to the basketball court to watch their oppas play, right? No, you are wrong. Definitely wrong. All of the students, be it boys or girls, all dash towards the indoor stadium to find themselves a nice seat. Why? Because Princess Jung Yerin is back, the volleyball princess as well as their captain is going to be on court. She has hundreds of fanboys and girls among the school, they would not dare to miss her performance. Eunbi and the other four go to the stadium as well. Thanks to being Yerin’s group of best friends, Yerin has already helped them to secure their seats way before they arrive, more to add, they have seats at the first row. The first row is only reserved for the teachers, the house president, and the players’ close friends. Speaking of the president, just when the match is about the began, he comes by and sits next to Yewon as they are both class mates, they are both from class F.

 

“I do not know you were friends with the volleyball team?” He asks Yewon. “Who are you watching here?”

“Oh, I am with TeamYerin!” Yewon grins and waves her cheering bongbongs excitedly.

“Waohh, I don’t even know you are friends with Yerin.” He says in an interesting tone. “How is Yerin doing these days?”

Eunbi, who is listening to the entire conversation, mumbles to herself, “As if you care for her….”

“Great, better than ever.” Yewon peeks at Eunbi who is sitting next to her, she knows the two have not told the public their relationship. “I don’t know you knew Yerin too, I never saw you two interact. You should just ask her yourself anyways.”

“Oh, I am glad then.” The president smiles. “Yeah, I should just ask her later when we have dinner together, you know, ex-boyfriends and girlfriends catch up talk.” He turns to Eunbi and smirks.

Little does Yewon know about Yerin’s past with this boy, she is confused at her classmates’ words, but she just nods anyways as the judge blows the whistle, she focuses back to the court. Yerin goes over the net to shakes hands with the other team’s captain, both of the captains greet one another and they smile at the camera. Eunbi glances at the boy, she knows the boy is picking up fights with her, she knows it through his smirks and smiles. “Beep!” Yerin is the first to serve, the crowd cheers, and the match begins.

 

Oh, and did I not mention? Taehyung is their house president, still smart as always, charm as always and flirty as always.

 

 

Yerin is the setter of the team, if you are nor familiarized with volleyball rules, you may just consider that she is the commander of the team. She starts every attack, she assigns which player to be the attacker, she controls whom the ball is being passed to, she is the main console of their team. If the ball is the blood, the spikers are the vessels to keep the blood flows, and Yerin is the heart, pumping the blood to keep the whole team working, However, she is not only on the coordinating side, Yerin is the attack type of setter, you could not leave an eye off her hands once she is in touch with the ball, she could really be a pain of when she is your opponent. With one perfect stealing spike, Yerin scores for her team again, the players gather together to group cheer while discussing their next strategy. Yerin looks up at the audience seat, she spots her girlfriend right away and smiles brightly at the girl. Eunbi waves at her girl shyly and mouths her a ‘fighting’. Yerin nods right away and winks at the girl before focusing back to the court.

 

This is Eunbi’s first time, not the first time to watch Yerin plays in a match, but the first time to watch her girlfriend plays. She feels proud for her girl, whenever Yerin scores, the crowd would cheer for her girl, her girl is always bright in people’s eyes and Eunbi is glad that she is the bright one in her girl’s eyes. She is always thankful that Yerin has chosen her among all of her suitors. During the technical break, Yewon goes to the restroom with Yuna while Sojung was busy explaining the rules all over again to the elder Eunbi. Only Eunbi and Taehyung are left on the audience.

“Long time no talk to you Eunbi ssi, I think after we graduated from junior forms and went to different classes? By the way you seemed close to Yerin.” Taehyung starts the talk, Eunbi hates to admit, but they were classmates in junior years, three years in total.

“We are.” That is all Eunbi managed to say, she does not want to talk with the boy, not the boy who has hurt her Yerin so badly. Eunbi hates him very much all these years, from head to toe.

“Yerin’s friends are my friends, so I guess nice to meet you again? Eunbi ssi.” Taehyung stretches out his hand, wants to initiate a handshake with Eunbi, Eunbi stands up and shrugs off his hand, “The match is soon to end, I better go and look for my friend. Bye Taehyung ssi.” Eunbi goes down to the court as the whistle blows, signaling the end of the competition. Yerin runs over to her as soon as she sees the girl coming, she wraps her arms around Eunbi’s waist and shows her girl her victory mini volleyball, the souvenir from the host team. Eunbi smiles warmly to her girl and pats Yerin’s head, not minding the sweats at all. Yerin then puts the flower crown onto Eunbi’s head and takes out her phone to take a selfie of the two of them. Yerin holds the mini volleyball in her arms while Eunbi has the flower crown on her head, both of them smile brightly at the camera. Taehyung watches the entire scene above, he knows there is something more than just friends between the two of them. If Yerin is not telling her, he is definitely going to figure it out himself.

 

After the match, it is dinner time. Students are seated according to their class. When the students are going to the restaurant, Eunbi stays behind to wait for her girlfriend, the team members all go for a quick shower before the meal starts, it was an exciting game, they poured out their best shot on court. Yerin comes out about ten minutes later with her hair still wet on her shoulders, she smiles at the girl who is leaning at the changing room’s wall.

“Waited for long?” Yerin tries to dry her hair with the towel she had on her hand while struggling to carry her backpack.

“It’s worth my forever if it is you whom I am waiting for.” Eunbi takes the bag from Yerin’s shoulders and swings it onto hers. “Dry your hair properly, I don’t want you to get sick during our trip.” Eunbi has a hard time trying not to look at the girl now standing next to her, she could not deny the fact that her girl actually looks hot, when her hair has not been completely dry. This is not the first time Eunbi sees Yerin drying her hair, she uses to see this scene every week when she picks Yerin up after the girl’s practices, but it never failed to make her heart skipping a beat or two.

 

On their way to the restaurant which is at another side of the campus, Yerin has managed to dry her hair already, she keeps the towel on her shoulders and holds Eunbi’s hand.

“He talked to you just now?” Yerin asks out of nowhere, although she tries to bring up the topic casually while fidgeting with Eunbi’s fingers, it does not help at all and still sounding superb awkward.

“You saw?”

“Yeah, I was finding you from the audience before I got to serve, but then I saw him looking at you.” Yerin’s eyes were at everywhere but to Eunbi. “Did he say anything bad?”

“Someone was not focusing on her work aha.” Eunbi jokes about the topic, not wanting to worry her girlfriend.

“I know him well, Bi,” Yerin stops from walking and looks down to the titles, she sighs, “Even after he broke up with me, whenever he knew there was someone closed to me, or I may have developed a crush on somebody else, he would do everything he could just to screw up the whatever relation I have with others. I don’t really know why, but he just did it every time.” Yerin turns to Eunbi and looks into the girl’s eyes, “And I messed up every time, I turned out losing those I valued most. But I don’t want to mess up this time, I could not mess us up, not this time Eunbi ah. I could not lose you.”

Eunbi could tell there are worries in Yerin’s eyes, she knows what the girl is worrying about as that is what she felt exactly just now when Taehyung talked to her, she could feel that the boy was going to take Yerin away from her. But Eunbi isn’t anyone good to mess with either, especially when it comes to matters about Yerin, her Yerin. “Don’t worry too much Rinnie, I promise he won’t be able to this time. I won’t let him do anything towards you, and me losing you? It is not on my watch as well.” Eunbi smiles reassuringly to her girl, “Gotta have a little more faith in me, right?”

“I’ve always had Bi ah.” Yerin says softly, she peeks around, after confirming no one is in the area, she leans in and gently presses her lips against Eunbi’s. “Just remember that I love you always, okay?”

“May okay be our always.” Eunbi smiles and the two walks into the restaurant.