Summer Trip [3]

Fantasy Doodles

Today is the last night before they travel back to Korea, the six of them decide to throw a party at Yerin and Eunbi's room. They agree to gather up after they have washed and packed their luggage. While it is Eunbi’s turn to bath, Yerin quickly finishes packing her stuffs and she jumps onto the bed waiting for the girls to come by. Just when she is laying on top of the mattress staring at the ceiling, something chimes in and brings her out of her daze. Yerin looks around and sees the electronic device which is emitting sounds, she gets up and takes Eunbi's iPhone which is on the table. The two never talks about the uses of phones seriously, but they have saved their fingerprints for each other's phone, and both of them do no really mind the other one using their phones, Yerin could have 100% to Eunbi's phone and vice versa. Yerin holds the phone up and reads the messages.

 

[Kim Dahyun: It's our last night princess!<3]

[Kim Dahyun: Are you coming over later? We are having a party here in my room:3]

[Kim Dahyun: Noooo you're definitely coming! I will come over to fetch you! What is your room number?]

[Kim Dahyun: Oh wait... is that Yerin girl with you?]

 

Yerin stares at the messages for so long, she does not know whether she is mad or anything already. She knows Eunbi does not feel a thing towards that person, she could not put her anger towards Eunbi as the girl does nothing wrong, this would be too unfair to Eunbi.

"Rinnie?"

Yerin looks up and sees Eunbi already out of the washroom, now holding up the towel to dry her hair. Eunbi is looking at her worriedly, "Are you okay?"

Yerin turns off screen of the phone and hands it towards Eunbi, "you have new messages."

"Oh, I will read them later, you sure you're alright? You've been spacing out for minutes even not aware of me coming out."

"Yeah, just thinking." Yerin smiles weakly and pats the space beside her, Eunbi sits down on the bed next to her. Yerin takes over the towel and starts to dry the girl's hair. Just when Eunbi is going to read her messages someone knocks on their door. Eunbi stands up and goes to the door, it is Yuna and another Eunbi. The two girls come inside and greets Yerin.

"Have you packed yet?" Yuna asks while sitting onto the bed.

"I've just come out from the bathroom, but I guess it won't take long, we could still throw out the party until mid night" Eunbi grins.

Yuna looks around the room, "But where are your stuffs?"

"I've packed yours as well." Yerin says softly and stands up, "I'm going to fetch Sojung." Then she leaves the room without another more word.

The elder Eunbi looks at her friends, "We pissed her off or something? Your girl is not in a good mood."

Eunbi raises her eyebrows, she does not know why Yerin's emotions change suddenly, "She is still joking around with me earlier before my bath, I don't know what's wrong either."

Then Eunbi grabs her phone wanting to text Yerin, she lights up her screen and sees the texts which she is now 300% sure they are the culprit which blows up her girl. 'Holy .'

 

Yerin does not go to Sojung's room straight, once she gets out of her room she goes out to the veranda to sort out her mind. She sighs to herself. She knows there is nothing wrong with Eunbi, she should not get mad at the girl. Yerin does not want to be those jealous-struck girlfriends, she never wants to intervene Eunbi's social life or hinder her socialization with others. Yerin closes her eyes and goes down to the memory lane, back during her first love with Taehyung, she was so jealous that Taehyung had too much female friends and she believed this was one of the reasons they broke up. No one liked their partner to interrupt their own life too much, Yerin does not want to repeat the history. Yerin hangs her head low, just let the breeze blows against her.

 

Just when she thinks it is really time to fetch Sojung up else her escape would be too obvious, someone hugs her from behind. Yerin jumps a bit, but she does not catch the scent that she is expecting and familiar with for the past three months, she turns her head and sees it is Taehyung who is hugging her.

"I miss you Yerin."

 

 

After reading the text messages, Eunbi rushes out of the room trying to find Yerin, she knows Yerin is not going to find Sojung, that is just the girl’s excuse to leave their room. She knows Yerin is not alright after seeing those messages, she knows it, the only thing that she does not know is where has Yerin gone to. Eunbi runs through their floor’s East wing, but she only meets a few classmates chatting on the corridor. Just when she is turning to the right wing, she hears there is someone talking in the veranda, she peeks in and hears that line. Eunbi freezes at instant, she looks inside and finds Taehyung who is now back hugging Yerin, her Yerin. Eunbi holds her fist tight, she is fuming mad at the boy, she wants to pull the door open and throws her fists onto the boy’s face. But perhaps out of curiosity, she also wants to know how would Yerin react, so she hides herself behind the corner and stalks the two.

 

 “I had missed you too, but it was already a had. We did not meet in the correct time Taehyung, I have moved on already.” Eunbi sees Yerin was struggling, trying to get out of Taehyung’s arms.

“All these years I knew you had never been in a relationship again, I know I am still in your heart,” Although Yerin is strong, Taehyung is way stronger than Yerin, he tightens his grip. “Just let me prove mine as well, Yennie ah give me another chance, please.”

“I would have always said yes in the past, that was my biggest weakness that why I could not move on. But now, no Taehyung, I have met someone already, she replaced you.” Yerin softly says.

“Who is she? I could beat her away… Wait… a she?” Taehyung could not believe his ears, “Are you kidding me?”

“She.” Yerin smiles to herself just by remembering her girlfriend’s face in her mind, “Yes, I’ve met her after all these years.”

“I don’t care, tell me who that person is and at least let me fight against her.” Taehyung says, “It's not fair that I lose when I don’t even get a chance. Yennie ah I really miss you.”

“Taehyung, listen.” Yerin finally struggles out of Taehyung’s embrace and turns to look at the boy. “You had so many chances way before her, but you never treasured them. You chose to walk out of the game before she started her turn, and if you are saying not fair, it’s me who wasn’t fairly treated at all. All these years, did you know how much pain I had to endure because of you?”

“I know I am wrong now, just give me another chance. And who is she? Is she any better than me?” Taehyung grabs onto Yerin’s arms, “I’m the house president! I’m ranking top in academics, I play the school band and basketball team, I’m the star student of this school! How is she anything better than me Yerin!” Taehyung shouts. “You deserve better you know! You are also the star student, we will make a perfect pair!”

 

“Yes, she may not be as shiny as you in our school.” Yerin says slowly, “She isn’t part or the orchestra or sports team either. She is nothing related to a star student like you.” Eunbi hangs her head low by listening to Yerin’s words, she knows from the beginning that she has nothing to compete with Taehyung, Eunbi knows it way too well, just as Taehyung said, Yerin is also a star student in their school, the sport teams captain, ranking top in academics, Yerin is too good for her.

 

“But she shines for me, only me. She plays violin for me, only me. She runs her life to me every time I need her, only me. She shines so much for me and takes me out from my darkest hours, she treats me better than anyone, she is always the best that I could have.” Yerin looks up at the clear sky and smiles to herself, “She is the star inside my heart, she is the star which always leads me to a safe way when I am lost. I don’t need a star who shines for everyone, I just need a person who shines for me, only me.”

“Is it Hwang Eunbi?” Taehyung locks his eyes with Yerin.

“Who is she does not matter, what matters is I have found my right person and moved on, you should let go too Taehyung.” Yerin looks away from the sky and turns to the boy, “Once I fell hard for you, but you also hurt me hard, or even harder. It cut so deep that it had left a big scar inside me, and when every time it was patched up, you came in and tore it off again. Tae, I am tired, we were already a past tense.”

“I will prove myself this time, just tell her to be careful.” Taehyung stares at Yerin. “I will show the world I am better, I never lose in any fights.”

“This is not a fight Tae.” Yerin has not addressed Taehyung in his nickname for long, but she just wants the boy to listen to her now, she is tired after all these years, she does not understand why suddenly Taehyung does not want to let go of her. “And it never was. Love is not a fight and I am not a prize, please.” Yerin holds Taehyung’s hands which is grabbing onto her arm, “Let go.” Then she pulls her arms away and leaves the speechless house president standing alone in the veranda.

“I won’t give up this easy, Yerin! You know me! I would always get what I want at last! I will prove it and be the last one standing!” Taehyung yells from the back but Yerin does not bother to walk back or turning her head, she keeps walking straight and left the place.

 

When Yerin steps back into the corridor, Eunbi has long gone. After she sees Yerin is walking towards her direction she runs away as quick as she could with tears streaming down from her eyes, she is touched by Yerin’s words. Eunbi knows somehow Yerin is still struggling to move on, the girl has not 100% walked away from the pain that he left for her. Eunbi is so afraid that Yerin would give in just now, because herself could feel how sincere Taehyung is this time, for one moment, she thinks she is going to lose her girl. She feels guilty that she does not have faith in her girlfriend, she should not doubt Yerin for her love, Eunbi feels shameful for her actions. She runs all the way back to her room, she is a crying mess. She wipes her tears and sniffs hard before going back into her room secretly as she does not know how to tell her friends why she is in such a state. She opens the door quietly and goes into the washroom straight away, after clearing up herself, she goes to her friends. Yuna, Yewon and the other Eunbi is playing cards on her bed and at the same time Yerin comes in with Sojung, then the party begins. The two do not talk about what happened moments ago as they have guests over, the two keep quiet on their emotions throughout the night. After everyone has gone, both of them go to wash up and ready themselves to bed. Once Eunbi finishes her routines, she snuggles up next to Yerin who is already covering under the blanket and scrolling her phone.

 

Eunbi wraps her arms on Yerin’s body and pulls the girl closer, “Tired?”

“A little.” Yerin connects her phone with the charger at the night stand and prepares to sleep.

“Could we not sleep so soon?” Eunbi hides her head onto Yerin’s chest, wanting to hear the girl’s heartbeat. Yerin’s heart beat is the best rhythm to calm herself down, she always finds it successful in the past two months.

“Why?” Yerin pats Eunbi’s back gently.

“I just want to hold you tight.” Eunbi then tightens her arms, “I am grateful that you choose me over him.”

Yerin stares at Eunbi’s back for a moment before holding up the latter’s chin and looks into her eyes, “I thought it was just my illusion when I thought I saw you, but now I knew you were there.”

Eunbi does not replied, she just looks back at those orbs.

“Why don't you show yourself and pull me away from him just like what you did yesterday?”

“I don’t know, I am afraid just now, but somehow, I wanted to know your answers.”

“Bi, give yourself some credits, you know you are the one whom are meant for me.” Yerin closes her eyes and leans in, she closes the gap between them.

 

Feeling some wet drops on her face, Yerin pulls away, “What’s wrong Bi?”

Eunbi keeps shaking her head, but she could not control her tears, they keep running out from her eyes. Yerin holds her cheeks gently and wipes away the tears. “Why?”

“I thought it would be him.” Eunbi closes her eyes, letting her emotions takes over control, “I know he is always there inside you. I know you tried so hard, but there’s always some pieces of him inside your heart. I should have trust you and be there for you, but I doubted you… sorry…”

Yerin pulls Eunbi closer to her. “He was.” She gestures Eunbi to come closer and listen to her heartbeat. “But now it’s all yours, can’t you hear it pumping for you so loudly?”

“But he is right, he is way better than me, and he is perfect for you.” Eunbi could not stop her sobs.

Yerin pats the girl softly in rhythm, she waits until the girl has calmed down and she looks into her teary eyes, “I do not need a perfect guy Bi. You maybe imperfect, but you are imperfectly perfect for me and what I needed most is you, always you, Bi.”

 

 

Eunbi looks up to face Yerin for the first time in the night, soon she presses her lips onto Yerin’s again. After a lingering kiss, she lays her head onto Yerin’s shoulders. Perhaps Eunbi is too tired after crying, she soon falls asleep in Yerin’s arms. Yerin pulls the blanket over to cover both of their bodies and taps onto the light switch before holding back onto her girl.

“Good night Bi, have a sweet dream.” Yerin whispers into Eunbi’s ears, not wanting to wake up the girl, “And always remember that I love you.”

 

 

()*:・゚

Maybe some of you are getting emotional here… but the names in the story are just characters in this story. Taehyung and Dahyun are both innocent while only following the plot. I am so sorry to ‘use’ them, so please don’t hate them in real life!!!