Offline

Fantasy Doodles

After Yerin’s birthday, it has only one and a half week more until the school starts the semester again after the long summer break. Eunbi’s family originally planned of going to the buffet as Eunbi wants to enjoy their last night of holiday with their parents together. Although Eunbi planned to go eat out with Yerin on that day, it has already been days that she last had dinner with her parents and that made Yerin feels guilty too. So she urges Eunbi to drop their date and go for the proper dinner with her family. When Eunbi’s dad is parking at the parking lot, Eunbi’s phone chimes and she fishes out her phone from her skirts’ back pocket.

 

[Rinnie Princess: Hey! Have fun tonight Bi:) And eat as many as you can!]

[Me: Yeah I will definitely enjoy the food, you know me right. But maybe not too much…]

[Rinnie Princess: NO AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE]

[Me: Why?]

[Rinnie Princess: I want you to be chubbier than now, you are just too thin.]

[Me: Aishhh Jung Yerin I hate you, you are always teasing me .V.]

[Rinnie Princess: Also so that no one will steal you away from me hehe, then you are all mine :3]

[Me: Are you implying that I am ugly when I am fat and no one wants me???????]

[Rinnie Princess: Nooooooo, I want you anytime no matter how you look like and by the way, I call it cute ;D]

[Me: Tsk, I am not taking to you anymore. Bye.]

[Rinnie Princess: Noooo, don't be mad at me princess I am just joking :*****]

[Rinnie Princess: Hey… Bi?]

[Rinnie Princess: Eunbi ah… I am just kidding, of course you look beautiful. You are always the apple of my eyes, you remember that right?]

[Rinnie Princess: Are you really not going to reply me…? :<]

[Rinnie Princess: Okay I guess you are enjoying your dinner… eat well and forgive me later promise?]

 

Little that Yerin knows, her Eunbi is nothing close to mad, she is just putting down her phone because the moment she said bye, that was the moment her family stepped into the restaurant and it only means one single thing to Eunbi, her feast has begun. She knows Yerin is just underlying joking but she just decides to play along with the flow, to payback the teasing. It is actually the first time Yerin teases Eunbi about her body, she just decides to give Eunbi a taste of her own medicines as Eunbi is always the one complaining whenever she finds out Yerin puts herself into a diet again, well Yerin could not be related to the word “Fat”, just the volleyball captain always compares herself with her teammates, and Eunbi has really no idea why Yerin’s teammates could still be able to play volleyball with their rod like legs and arms. She is always curious that if they will break their arms when the they are saving hard spikes with those thin arms.

 

As Eunbi enjoys her meal so much, she eats way more than her stomach could take. While on her way back home, she feels something weird and as time passed by, the moment her mother opens their apartment’s door, Eunbi rushes into the washroom and locked herself inside. Eunbi feels weak when she is coming out of the washroom after two hours, her feet could not even stand straight.

“Hey are you alright dear?”

Eunbi gives her dad a small smile and nods her head, “Yeah, just ate too much.”

“Do you have anywhere in pain except your tummy?”

“Hmm.. a bit headache but it is fine, I suppose.”

Eunbi’s mom walks to her daughter’s side and places her hand onto Eunbi’s forehead then she shouts at the girl.

“Fine my ! Eunbi ah your forehead is burning! You should tell us you are not feeling well just now! My god dad please take the medicine from the study, I am sending this kid back to her bed.”

Eunbi is pushed into her room and her mom tucks her under the blanket, then her dad comes in with a glass of water in his right hand and some pills on his right palm.

“Sleep well Eunbi, you need a lot of rest.” Eunbi’s dad says after handing the pills to his daughter.

“But I still get to go for my inauguration ceremony tomorrow dad, school starts tomorrow…” Eunbi mutters.

“Well if your fever is not going down, you are not going anywhere, I will call in sick for you.” Eunbi’s mom says firmly. “Goodnight Eunbi, sleep well.”

 

 

 

“Teachers and students, good morning. I sincerely hope that all of you have been resting well in the summer break and enjoyed yourselves. It is my pleasure to welcome you all to the opening of the new school year. In this semester, we are going to have several changes among our campus, first of all…”

Saying Yerin is not paying attention to her principal is an understatement, the girl is looking everywhere but the stage. All of the students have to attend the inauguration ceremony in the hall for the first day of school, yet, a student of class 6E does not show up that morning, whom is none other than Hwang Eunbi. Yerin has been super worried since last night that Eunbi did not replied her for the entire night, she tried to text her girlfriend and even called her several times, still, there were no response from the girl. Yerin is so frightened that Eunbi really got mad at her jokes earlier yesterday, she does not want to get into a fight with Eunbi because of some stupid jokes and that’s why Yerin even went to school earlier than usual just to go up and wait at Eunbi’s apartment as she wanted to fetch the girl for school. Yerin waited at Eunbi’s gate for a solid 90 minutes, but the girl had nowhere to be found. Yerin gave up after dialling the number for the 88th time and she rushed her way back to school as if she didn’t, she would be late for the ceremony.

 

Throughout the ceremony Yerin’s mind drifts to the elsewhere, not paying attention to the teachers’ announcements at all. It is really rare for Eunbi to disappear like what is happening at the moment. Eunbi is the kind of girlfriend that will reply Yerin’s messages within a minute, even when Eunbi is up with doing something, her longest time taken to reply is within 15 minutes. And most importantly, Eunbi never hangs up on Yerin or cut her phone call, she usually picks up the call when it is on the third ring. Yerin could only think of two scenes to describe the situation right now, it is either Eunbi is superb mad at her that she does not even want to meet her in person, so she did not come to school or Eunbi is being kidnapped by some badass that she could not even contact her.

 

Once the ceremony ends, the students start to leave the school hall and go back to their classroom as the lessons will begin right after the lunch break. 6E and 6F are the first two classes to go, Yerin goes to Yewon whom is in the F class walking with her classmates.

“Hey sorry to bother you Yewonie.”

“Oh hello Yerin, what’s up?” Yewon smiles at Yerin.

Yerin hesitates for a second, “Umm… I… I am thinking… well did you meet Eunbi this morning?”

“No? She told me the day before that she would be going to fetch you for school and asked me to go to school on my own today. So I guess she did not make it this morning?”

“Yeah… she did not show up for school as well…”

“I think she overslept, you know it is normal for her right, don't worry too much Yerin ah, have you tried to call her?”

Yerin nods as response, she does not want to admit the fact that she has been dialling Eunbi’s number for more than hundred times since last night already.

“Yeah… I better go and call again her now, thanks Yewon.” Yerin smiles and waves goodbye to her friend before joining back her class’s lead.

 

As the bell rings, it means the start of lunch time, Yerin runs into the toilet and switches on her phone. She checks for the one last time if Eunbi has read her messages, but still, the girl's last online time is still [Yesterday 18:40], the time that Eunbi last texted her. Yerin sighs to herself and starts to make her way out of the campus. Yerin really has no idea where on earth could Eunbi be, but she cannot just wait there without doing anything. She walks through every streets around Eunbi’s neighbour, every mini mart that Eunbi often buys necessities, every shop that Eunbi likes to wander in and every restaurant that has food which Eunbi likes. For the entire one and a half hour lunch break, Yerin runs through most of the streets and stores, yet her girl is still nowhere to be found and in the end, she goes up to Eunbi’s house and rings the doorbell. Yerin keeps pressing the white button for more than 5 minutes, but no one comes to open the door. Yerin leans forward till her forehead touches the door, her tears are on the edge of running out, she closes her eyes and raises her palm to cover her face.

“Eunbi ah where are you? Are you alright?”

 

 

 

Eunbi wakes up with a terrible headache that morning, she stretches her hand to her desk beside her pillow trying to fish her phone. After grabbing her phone and switches on the monitor, her eyes go wide. “MOM WHY DIDN’T YOU WAKE ME UP!!?!? I AM LATE FOR SCHOOL AND I AM IN TROUBLE NOW!”

Her mother comes into the room at instant, “Don’t worry my dear, I called the school office this morning so you won’t be in much trouble. And you don’t mention it, I did try to wake you up this morning, trust me I tried at least for half an hour, but you seemed to be in a deep slumber, so I just decided to let you rest more. Are you feeling better now?”

“Oh… you called the office then that’s alright, and yeah thanks mom, I am a lot better already.” Eunbi falls back onto her bed and lights up her phone again, and she yells for another time.

“Try once more Hwang Eunbi, I am throwing you out of this house.” Her mother warns her while leaving the room.

Eunbi rolls off from her bed and rushes to the closet to take out her school uniform. “MOM! I am going to school right now!”

“Why? Don’t you want to rest more?” Her mother asks from the corridor.

“No! I got really important matters today!” Eunbi shouts as she brushes her teeth and finishes her morning routines as fast as she could, her important matter is nothing other than her girlfriend. She has just found that Yerin has been sending her text messages and calling her since her dinner yesterday.

“CRAP CRAP CRAP HWANG EUNBI YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE THIS TIME ” Eunbi curses herself while grabbing herself a face mask, then she wears her shoes and rushes straight to school.

 

Eunbi goes up to 6E’s classroom straight once she arrives as school. It is already lunch time and so there are not many students in the classroom. She looks around and finds Yerin’s schoolbag at the back row of the classroom, she smiles to herself and walks towards to take the seat next to her girlfriend. She frowns when she gets nearer as there is already another bag on the desk, Eunbi could not misrecognise that purple Gregory, it is Sojung’s backpack. Sojung and Yerin bought their Gregory backpack together when they were in secondary year 2, they worked as a part time cashier at the supermarket for an entire summer to save up for the bag. Sojung got herself a purple one and Yerin’s one was navy blue with purple strips. Eunbi throws her bag onto the desk next to Sojung’s which has a corridor in between their seats, it was still the same as last year’s sitting plan, still Yerin and Sojung sitting together at the back. As their class teacher always let them to pick their own seats, and it is first come first serve, the two good friends have been sitting together at the back since high forms, Eunbi sighs to herself, she might need to buy Sojung loads of food to get that seat in exchange. Seeing Yerin’s stuffs are still inside the girl’s desk, Eunbi thinks maybe Yerin is just out for lunch, she looks at her watch, “Oh, it is ten more minutes until the class begins, well she should be coming back by now.” So Eunbi peeks her head into the classroom located next to hers, and there she finds her friend.

 

““Hey Yewonie!” Eunbi greets her friend and walks near the girl who is packing her textbooks, “Where are you going?”

“Chemistry laboratory, Miss Lee wants to have the first lesson there.” Yewon answers, “By the way where had you been this morning? Yerin has been crazy looking for you, have you met her yet?”

Eunbi feels sweats at her back, “Um… well not yet, I was sick in the morning and I just came back, like five minutes before only… does she look mad?”

“Mad? Nothing close to mad, you know your girl is so freaking scary when she is mad right? But no, she is rather worried this morning, you two got into a fight or something?” Yewon stands up and walks out of her classroom together with Eunbi.

“Not yet… but soon…” Eunbi muttered.

“Sorry, what? I cannot really hear y-”

“HWANG EUNBI!”

Yewon turns her head and sees Yerin rushing towards them with tears all over her face. “Um… I guess this is my cue to leave… Good luck buddy, may the odds be in your favour.” Then the girl disappears in the stairs.

 

Looking at the girl who is approaching her, Eunbi breathes in and out for four times before Yerin throws herself into Eunbi’s arms and starts to sob.

“Are you alright Bi? Where have you been for the entire ing day! Do you know how worried I am ? Why can’t you just leave me a ty message or anything about your where beings even though you are mad at me! I am sorry about my jokes yesterday I did not know you will take it so damn seriously! I am sorry and I want to apologise so badly but I can’t even find you! I am so scared this whole morning that something bad might have happened to you… I am sorry Bi… please forgive me...”

“Woah language Yerin, watch your language, we are in school.” Eunbi slowly pats the sobbing girl’s back as she feels Yerin is shivering, after calming the girl down she starts to explain.

“You have nothing to be sorry for Rinnie ah, listen to me calmly okay?” Yerin let go of Eunbi and nods her head.

“I was not mad yesterday, I was just going inside the restaurant when the time I stopped texting you, and then I forgot to reply your messages while I was having dinner. And after dinner, I had no idea why but I got a bit sick that’s why my parents forced me to rest and I did, which my head hurt too much that I actually forgot to tell you first… I’m sorry if you have been worrying for me…”

“Of course I am worried about you! I haven’t heard a word from you for more than 12 hours and I went to your house to knock and no one opened the door, that moment I thought you were being kidnapped!”

“I’m sorry Rinnie… ttinb’s bad for not telling you… forgivut me okie?” Eunbi takes up her best aegyo and crosses her fingers.

“As long as you are safe and sound.” Yerin pulls Eunbi into her embrace once again.

“Ahh… Yerin?”

“Hmm?”

“Do you have a bandaid?”

“I have one inside my wallet, why? You hurt yourself somewhere?” Yerin quickly breaks away and looks at Eunbi from head to toe then from toe back to head, trying to find the buries and wounds.

Eunbi holds onto Yerin’s arms tightly to reassure the girl, and she smiles.

 

 

()*:・゚

Sorry… really long time no see as school is really being savage to me during March… Don't hesitate to tell me through twitter or at the comment section below if you have any thoughts on this chapter/story!

And for the last part, credits to the best pick-up line author senpai HyeJeong_ss :D