Friends [1]

Fantasy Doodles

After the whole day lesson, the two are having tea at the canteen before Yerin will go for her Volleyball practise. Both of them get meetings this afternoon, and they do not have lunch yet, so they are busy stuffing noodles into their mouth instead of talking.

 

"Did you tell your friends yet?" Eunbi asks out of nowhere.

"Huh?" Yerin mumbled with full of food.

"Us" Eunbi says, then she could not resist her smile, it sounds more than good to say us to describe Yerin and her.

"I've only told Sojung this morning, she won't let me go unless I told her something she wanted to hear." Yerin says shyly. "Why? You don't want the others to know? I could tell Sojung to keep sealed, she is trustworthy you know." She adds quickly.

Eunbi shakes her head immediately, "No! Of course not. Why would I not want others to know that I have the prettiest girl? They should know that you're mine." Eunbi grins as if she was a warrior and has defeated an army to get her prize, well technically she does, Yerin is her jumbo prize.

"I was just think about..." Eunbi hesitates before continuing, "I should talk to Moonbin before we really go public. I don't want him to hear us from the outsiders."

Yerin pats the back of Eunbi's hand, "Yes you should, it's best to tell him in person. Do you want me to accompany you?"

Eunbi shakes her head once again, "I will handle this, he's my old pal buddy anyways, I just hope he won't be too mad at me, at least not for too long." Eunbi said nervously.

Yerin intertwines their fingers together, "I'm sure you could talk to him well, Bi I have faith in you."

 

While waiting for Yerin's practise to end, Eunbi keeps thinking how she could make things not too awkward between Moonbin and her. She has never told anyone that she has a crush on Yerin, not even her best friend knows about it. Moonbin has always been telling Eunbi how he feels for Yerin, Eunbi could not help but to have the feeling of betraying her buddy for such a long period of time. After sending Yerin home, Eunbi stares at her phone all the long on her way back. She gulped, and finally she presses the dial button.

"Do-Do-Do-" Eunbi feels sweats on her head as her friend is not picking up the phone.

Maybe he is dealing with something and he could not hear his phone ringing... relax Eunbi ah. This is not going to what you're thinking of.

Eunbi does not try to call again after it, she sighs to herself and steps out of the subway. "Perhaps tomorrow when I meet him at class. Hwang Eunbi ah you can do this right, you are not going to share this time okay?" She mumbles to herself when she is turning the lock of her apartment's door.

 

After taking a bath, Eunbi is packing her school bag for the next day before she goes to bed. Then her phone rings. It is Moonbin calling.

Eunbi picks up her phone nervously. "Hi?"

"Hey Eunbi! What's up? Sorry for not picking up your call earlier, I was busy baking cookies for Yerin tomorrow, it is for her recovery, do you think she will like it?" Moonbin sounds superb excited on the other side of the phone.

"Ah... I think she will love them Bin ah..." Eunbi feels uneasy, "And pal, I have some news to tell you."

"About what?" Eunbi could hear bags wrapping sounds from the other side of the phone.

"I am in a relationship."

"Woah! Congrats buddy! Finally there you are! Who is it?"

Eunbi swallows hard, she prays that things would go well, or not too bad. "Yerin."

Moonbin bursts into laugher seconds later, "No pranking! I'm asking who is your boy, not mine."

Eunbi feels upset at her best friend's words, she knows it isn't too easy for people to accept Yerin and her are in a relationship when they are in the same gender. But the word "mine" gets into Eunbi's nerve. She usually does not mind sharing her things with her friends even she knows they would not return the same favour. Eunbi is always helpful with her friends, she values her friends more than herself, but when it comes to Yerin, it's an exceptional case that we are talking about. Not her Yerin.

 

"I am in a relationship with a girl, Moonbin. Jung Yerin is my girlfriend.