The past is in the past

Fantasy Doodles

Eunbi and Yerin have been classmates since form one till now. They are in the same play group of friends since form one after the teacher had arranged their project groups, maybe it's just fate, the two always being divided into the same group. The two gets alone well, you could not say they are best friends, but definitely they are more than simply just classmates. Their group always hang out together or even during holidays, the two texts each other every day after school, they talk about lessons, teachers, gossips, whatever topics. Eunbi was there when Yerin met her first love, it was when they were in form two. Yerin fell for their class leader, Taehyung, she fell hard. In Yerin's memories, he is so charm, yes, is, no matter back then or even now. He was perfect, many girls fell for him back then, and Yerin was one of them. After half year's push and pull, they got together in September when they were form three. Taehyung said he did not want others to know about them yet, they should stabilize their relationship before telling the others, so Yerin respected his decision and only told her relationship to a few of her friends, including Eunbi.

 

Eunbi was the one who listened to Yerin's frustration during those six months, she was never a fan of the class leader, to be honest she did not really like him, "He is such a flirt Yerin ah, are you sure you like him?" Eunbi always asked herself back then, but seeing her buddy falling hard, Eunbi could only support Yerin's decision. And as cliché as it could be, as Eunbi's prediction, the boy dumped Yerin after two months, right on their two monthversary. The boy told Yerin that it wasn't that he did not love her anymore, but because he was busy and he was so sorry that he could not find time for Yerin, so he decided to end their relationship to give both of them a break. Yerin trusted at the beginning, she went to beg him to come back to her at the first few weeks, she cried every night, she could not concentrate in class.

 

However, at one night, when Yerin waited Taehyung at the entrance of his home, she wanted to ask the boy to come back. On that night, she saw the boy holding another girl's hand, and they kissed before saying goodbye. Yerin knew everything was just her imagination, the boy left her for another person, what hurt most was, that girl was actually Yerin's best friend, the first person whom Yerin told her the news when she got together with the class leader. Yerin was broken after that night, she did not eat properly, she could not sleep at all. She did not know how to face her life. On the next day of school, the class leader announced his relationship with Yerin's best friend to the whole class, nearly everyone gave them blessings, except Yerin, and Eunbi.

 

Yerin is not well after that day, she starts to cut herself. At first it is only some light scratches on her arm, but soon it becomes some bloody drawings on her wrists. She does not know what or why she is doing, but she just feels like cutting, she thinks no one knows. Eunbi, who has been laying her eyes on the girl since the very beginning, she knows what Yerin is doing, Yerin never wears tee shirts when they hang out, scratch that, Yerin never hangs out with them anymore.

 

After a month and one day after class, Eunbi brings Yerin to the school's roof top, she pulls Yerin's sleeves up and she is so shocked. She knows Yerin is hurting herself, but she never expects that it could be this worse. She pulls Yerin into a tight hug, she does not let the girl go even Yerin struggles to break away from her embrace. After some moments Yerin gives up the struggle, she starts to sob in Eunbi's arms.

"What had I done wrong? Is she any better than me? I could change for him! Why is he leaving me Eunbi ah..."

"Shuuuu, it's not your problem Yerin, listen it is his lost that he didn't treasure such a perfect girl, it is his lost. Forget about him Yerin ah, you deserve better."

"It hurts Eunbi ah! So much..." Yerin could not contain her sobs anymore.

"It's alright, just let it out. You have us, I'll always be here for you. I know it's hard, but time heals everything, I promise I will walk through this with you together."

 

From that day on, Eunbi sticks with Yerin wherever the girl went, she waits Yerin at her building's entrance every morning to walk her to school, she goes to Yerin's house every day after school, she does whatever to keep the girl accompany. Eunbi swears to herself that she is not going to let Yerin hurt herself again, or anyone hurting Yerin anymore.