Unexpected Confession

Hidden Love

*Hyunok’s POV*

I stayed in my room for the rest of the evening. At about 9:00 I heard a knocking on my door.

“Yes?” I called through the door.

“It’s me, Hoya, can I come in?”

I quickly scrambled to organize all I could, then opened the door. In front of me stood Hoya with that nervous look on his face.

“Um, I did some laundry… here you go,” he said handing me a couple of shirts.

“Oh, thanks,” I said. I began to close the door, but he stopped it with his hand.

“Is something wrong?” I asked.

“I need to talk to you.”

“Um, okay, come in.” I let him into my room, shutting the door behind him. “What is it?”

He stared at me for a second, then started, “Have you ever been in a situation where you have a best friend that you’ve been friends with a long time, and you know someone through that best friend. You never really talked to that person you know through that friend but somehow now you are forced to talk to them, and at first it was weird but now you like it. And now you even like it so much that all you think about is that person but you can’t say anything or do anything about it because your best friend would probably freak out but you really like this person and you don’t know what to do?”

I stared at him blankly.

“Mind slowing it down a bit?” I asked.

“What I’m trying to say is…” Hoya stepped closer to me. “What I mean is…” He stepped closer again. “Gosh, Hyunok, why is it so hard to talk to you?! I can talk to any other girl no problem, but when it comes to you I get all tongue tied and I don’t know what to say.”

“I’m sorry,” I said in a small voice. Was he mad at me?

“Gosh, see now here I go sounding like a jerk because I’m too afraid to say this to you. …You scare me Hyunok.” He stepped even closer.

“I-I-I scare you?”

 We were just inches apart now.

“You have no idea,” he said, putting his hands on my neck. Before I knew what was happening, my lips were touching Hoya’s.