Just The Two of Us

Hidden Love

*Hoya’s POV*

“Well hey there cutie.”

I turned around to see where the voice came from. A smile spread across my face as I saw Hyunok walking toward me.

She looked stunning in the big ball gown she was wearing. Her hair was half-up-half-down. There were people all around us, but their faces were all blurry to me.

“Hyunok, you’re… beautiful,” I said as she walked up to me.

“I was hoping you’d say that,” she smiled. “I bought this dress with you in mind.”

“D-d-do you wanna dance?” I asked her.

“I have something better in mind.”

She leaned in closer…closer…closer… Our lips were about to touch when-

“Hoya!” I jerked awake to see Woohyun standing over me. “I’m going out to see someone today, if you catch my drift, so I’m leaving you responsible. Hyunok’s in her room and I left a list of chores to do on the counter. Take care of everything; including Hyunok, okay? I don’t know if I’ll be home tonight, so I’m counting on you…” his voice faded out the door.

It was just a dream…

It was a week since I had had my realization about Hyunok, and every night she appeared in my dreams. She always looked beautiful, but whenever we came near kissing, I’d wake up. It was pretty annoying.

Hey, it’s only Hyunok and me in the house, and I’m responsible for her. Maybe today, if the moment comes, I’ll finally tell her how I feel.

I got up and went downstairs for some breakfast, and saw the list of chores lying on the table.

Chores:

  • Vacuum/mop house
  • Wash dishes
  • Clean bathrooms
  • Tidy up in general

For being such a careless guy, Woohyun sure did know how to take charge. I had breakfast, then proceeded to wash all the dishes.

“I could’ve helped with that.”

I turned around to see Hyunok standing in the doorway. She looked so cute in the outfit she was wearing (http://nicefun.net/userpix/10_Cute_korean_outfits_2_1.jpg).

“Oh, it’s okay.”

“What else is on the list?” She asked. I was surprised by her sudden confidence…but I liked it.

*Hyunok’s POV*

Doing good Hyunok, doing good.

Last night I stayed up reading articles from an advice magazine on how to act more confident around guys. Rule One was to cut the stuttering. Rule Two was the smile and be friendly, just like you wanted him to be.

“Ummm…"

I knew he heard me, but he didn’t do anything. He just stood there looking at me with a dazed look on his face.

Okay, you can do this. Rule Three is to take charge.

I walked over to him and took the list out of his hand.

“Hmmm, you can take the bathrooms while I vacuum, okay?”

“Okay,” he nodded, still in his daydream. I put the list back in his hand and headed to the closet in the living room to get the vacuum. Today was going to be a great day.