attendance

Don't look at me with those eyes

Yerin gasped as she woke, reaching for her bag, she ate her medicines quickly before realizing that someone was attempting to put a blanket on her when she suddenly awoke. Quickly turning, she saw that it was Yuju, slightly disappointed she gave a sad smile.

“Are you okay now Yerin unnie?”

“I’ll be fine.”

Yerin had been sleeping next to the small vet table where Sowon was still sleeping, Eunha tucked into her side.

“How’d you guys get here?”

“I followed Umji, she found you guys.”

“How?”

“She just guessed which vet place and went to see.”

Yerin grinned a little. She didn’t know much about Umji but so far she seemed like a nice girl.

“What happened in there?”

Yuju recounted how Sowon lead the army and pulled SinB out before getting Eunha and sounding the retreat. Yuju had gone to get Umji and got out as all retreats were supposed to go but she realized that Sowon had not followed and hesitated to turn back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Umji! Sowon howled a retreat!”

Umji tossed the unconscious dog to the side and nodded to Yuju, who was stock still from the carnage around Umji.

“They’re still alive.”

“Oh, okay. Uh… Let’s get going?”

“Yea.”

Running side by side, Yuju couldn’t help but notice how much blood Umji had smeared across her face.

They reached the round about point where the rest of the army met together before leaving completely. They were supposed to wait several minutes in case someone was slow, they would help them if they got to the point, after the few minutes they had to leave.

As they waited, Yuju began to sweat in nervousness.

“Stop that.”

“Huh?”

Umji nudged her shoulder.

“You’re giving off the scent of fear. Stop.”

“I-I’m sorry.”

Yuju took several breaths carefully and tried to calm down.

“If they don’t come I know where to find them.”

Finally calming down, Yuju nodded, sticking to Umji’s side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“And here we are. We don’t know where SinB is yet, but Umji is looking.”

“Thanks.”

Yerin turned back to look at Sowon, who had a paw over Eunha’s shoulder, tucking the corgi against .

Smiling at the cuteness, she was reminded of how SinB liked to tuck very close to the hem of her shirt. Perhaps she was warmest there?

She glanced back when she heard someone open the door and her jaw dropped when she realized who Umji was carrying in her arms.

SinB was making grumbling noises trying to get out of Umji’s grip with a bandage around her head and several patched tied around her legs.

“SinB.”

Instantly the pup stopped wriggling around, turning its head slowly SinB made eye contact with Yerin and tensed.

Umji, who felt the tenseness in SinB’s posture, stepped forwards and unceremoniously dumped the pup into Yerin’s lap. Automatically Yerin’s hands came up to stop the pup from rolling off her lap.

“Um, hey.”

Yerin carefully turned the pup over, seemingly satisfied with the bandaging. Nuzzling her cheek to SinB’s fur, she sighed.

“I’m glad you’re safe.”

SinB whined a bit before trying to run away. Yerin stopped her by putting her hand heavily on SinB’s back.

“No, we’ll talk tomorrow, I think you need rest.”

Yuju nodded to Umji and they left the room to sit outside. SinB relented and lay limp in Yerin’s arms. Yerin gave a small smile and ran her hand through SinB’s fur carefully petting around the wounds.

Rubbing lightly from SinB’s shoulders to her neck SinB whined and flicked Yerin’s hands away, padding around in Yerin’s lap and settling against Yerin’s belly. Tucking her head under Yerin’s hand like before she let another small whine.

Her ears twitched as Yerin’s hand descended on them, massaging at the base slowly. SinB closed her eyes, her tail moving languidly as she slowly drifted off.

==============

A bit late cuz halfway through, I went for a cup of hot chocolate then stupidly proceeded to burn my tongue. haha