A Break From Work

Dangerous

     WooHyun had refused to talk to DongWoo at all. He even refused to open the door to let SungGyu sleep in his own bed, the elder was forced to sleep in with MyungSoo and SungYeol while DongWoo took the futon in the living room. By the time they woke up the next morning, the bedroom door was open and WooHyun was gone. SungGyu had decided that, instead of practicing all day, they'd go out and enjoy themselves as well.
     As they all bundled into the lift, DongWoo listened to all the places they wanted to go. The beach cropped up several times but each time the argument was beaten down with remarks that it was too cold. "What about Bukchon?" MyungSoo piped up, gaining curious looks from the others. "It's beautiful there, we could do a photoshoot." He held his camera up. "Plus I bet none of you have been before."
     DongWoo didn't want to ruin his fun by telling he he had been before. It was a good idea, Bukchon was indeed beautiful and it would make the perfect place for them to take photos. "I vote for Bukchon." DongWoo called, receiving a chorus of agreement from the others. The elevator doors open and they fell out in a less than graceful manner. DongWoo glanced around to see MyungSoo leading the way with a very smug smile on his face.
     The weather was perfect for taking photos, MyungSoo informed them. They weren't really that interested in taking photos, more exploring the vast streets of traditional houses and where they might end up if they followed them. Of course, MyungSoo was adamant he'd get some pictures of all of them and as usual, DongWoo was the first in his finder.
     "Pull a pose DongWoo hyung." MyungSoo begged, snapping a dozen photos as DongWoo leant against a wall, cocked his knee so one foot was flat against it, tucked the tips of his fingers into his jean pockets and looked to the side, away from MyungSoo. "Perfect!" The younger called, making sure he got loads of pictures from various different angles. DongWoo laughed as soon as MyungSoo straightened up and shook his head.
     "There better be some decent pictures in there." DongWoo warned playfully, laughing as the younger feigned shock at his words. MyungSoo always managed to get at least a few decent pictures of every member, he knew which angles caught the best sides of their faces. That was probably down to the amount of pictures he took of them. DongWoo would have thought it was creepy if the memories MyungSoo captured with his photos weren't so amazing.
     As they walked down the brightly coloured streets, they had to stop every few minutes for MyungSoo to take some more photos. Their pace was leisurely, they weren't in a rush to go places for once. Being so relaxed allowed them to loosen up and actually enjoy each other's company. SungJong and Hoya made a heart between their hands in the doorway to one of the hanoks, MyungSoo was pretty much pressed against the wall of the building opposite to try and fit as much of the architecture in as possible.
     Once he'd taken enough photos, MyungSoo allowed them to move on. He pounced on SungGyu and passed his camera to DongWoo, signalling to the elder he wanted to have his photo taken with the leader. SungGyu put an arm around MyungSoo's shoulders and made a peace sign while MyungSoo made a heart with his hands. DongWoo wasn't anywhere near as good as MyungSoo with a camera but the younger had taught him the basics and as long as he took a dozen photos, he'd be happy.
     After a few snaps, MyungSoo lunged forward and took the camera from DongWoo, checking the photos he'd taking. "These are awesome!" He praised, grinning brightly. "SungGyu hyung really looks like a hamster in this one." He laughed and ran away as SungGyu yelled at him. MyungSoo's remark had the others laughing hysterically. Once DongWoo recovered, he checked the time and smiled. They'd managed three hours without a single argument breaking out, the longest in quite a long time.
     "We should have days out like this more often." DongWoo declared, earning a roar of agreement from the others. "It's nice to not worry about anything." He was probably the only one that was worried about WooHyun. The younger hadn't even told them where he was going. He sighed, realised the others had wandered off up the street and ran to catch up with them.
     SungGyu touched his elbow as he caught up and smiled warmly at him. "I know you're thinking about WooHyun." DongWoo bit his lip, there was no denying it. He nodded. "Don't. He's not thinking about any of us right now." SungGyu squeezed his arm gently before pulling him down a side road to follow the younger members. "We're gonna find somewhere to eat, apparently there's a coffee shop hidden around here somewhere."
     DongWoo smiled weakly, trying to push WooHyun to the back of his mind. "Sounds good."

     WooHyun stood in the middle of the inside section of Lotte World and looked around in absolute awe. Wherever he looked there was something beautiful to catch his attention. Lights, buildings, trees, people, shops, everything.  Hyeri grabbed his hand and pulled him towards a barrier, the pair of them stared down in amazement at the ice rink that took up a vast area on the ground floor.
     He hadn't even realised they were three floors up. The huge globe to one side of the ice rink caught and held his attention. He wished he'd brought a camera with him. This place was magical. "Wanna go ice skating?" Hyeri asked, her eyes shimmering with happiness. He nodded enthusiastically. He'd never been ice skating before but as they made their way down, Hyeri promised him it wasn't that difficult.
     He paid the entry fee for them and they entered the rink side area. Hyeri clung tightly to his hand and pulled him over to the skate rental desk. They traded their shoes for skates and Hyeri had to help WooHyun lace his up. "Don't worry if you fall over, it doesn't hurt as much as people say." She told him, taking his hand as he stood shakily on the blades.
     "You make it sound like I'm definitely going to fall over." He pouted as he followed her over to the gap in the barrier. She placed one blade on the ice and used the other to push off, gliding easily over the surface before turning and coming back to collect WooHyun. He stepped carefully onto the ice, instantly clinging to Hyeri as his blades tried to escape from beneath him. "I think you're right." He shivered.
     Hyeri smiled and took both of his hands. "I'll pull you along for a while, just keep your feet in line with your shoulders and you should stay upright." He nodded, staring intently down at his feet. She started skating backwards, swaying this way and that to keep an even speed so WooHyun wouldn't fall. They successfully made a full lap of the rink without any dramas. Hyeri let go of one of his hands and turned so she was standing beside him.
     "Now you have to try." She stated, beaming with happiness. WooHyun gave her a worried glance before nodding. He was determined to be good at this, they had three hours to get it right. "It's just like roller blading. You've done that, right?" He nodded, neglecting to mention the last time he'd been roller blading was he'd been seven or eight years old. "Then it shouldn't be too hard."
     "How come you're so good at this?" He grumbled as he stumbled forward, trying to gain some of the elegance Hyeri had as she glided across the ice. He'd manage a few smooth movements then catch a toe pick and lurch forward, throwing his arms out to try and stop himself from kissing the ice. Each time he'd hear Hyeri giggle behind him.
     "I used to have lessons." She replied, taking his hands and pulling him around the rink again. "Come on, one foot in front of the other." He did as she instructed and for a few moments, it worked well. Then his foot slid further than he'd anticipated and he fell backwards, taking Hyeri down with him. He was glad he was wearing quite a thick coat, the cold from the ice was bearable.
     Hyeri pushed herself up onto her hands and knees and smiled at him. "See now that didn't hurt did it?" He blushed, only realising now that she was straddling his thighs in public. Hyeri laughed and kissed the tip of his nose before pushing herself back up onto her feet and brushing her knees off. "Okay get onto your knees and push yourself back up onto your feet."
     WooHyun did as she told him and steadied himself on his blades once more. She skated around him and brushed chips of ice off his back, patting his lightly. Slipping her fingers between his, she wordlessly urged him to try again and they set off, trying to make a full circuit without falling over. "WooHyun ah...do you think we can stay to watch the laser show?" Hyeri asked. "I know you have to practice tomorrow..."
     WooHyun contemplated the question. His lapse in concentration on what he was doing with his feet made him slide uneasily. Hyeri's arm appeared around his back to keep him upright. "Thanks...Do you know what time the show starts?" Hyeri shook her head but guided WooHyun towards the barrier where an attendant was standing.
     "Excuse me." She called cheerfully. "Can you tell me what time the laser show starts today?" WooHyun pushed off from the side and concentrated on not falling over as Hyeri found out the information she was looking for. He made it a good 20 feet away from her before landing on his . She skated in a small circle around him, smiling happily. "It starts at ten to nine on weekdays. Is that too late?"
     WooHyun shook his head. "That's fine."

     DongWoo checked the time. It was nearly 11pm and they'd only just decided to leave Dongdaemun market. SungJong had bought another teddy bear and the rest of the members had found at least a few items of clothes and jewellery to add to their already vast collections. The metro was full of drunk people and those on their way to clubs and parties. There were a small amount of older people probably going home from visiting friends or family.
     The members huddled together as they took a line 3 train towards the interchange. MyungSoo alerted them of when they needed to get off and they all bundled out of the carriage as soon as the doors opened. SungYeol lunged across DongWoo and grabbed SungJong's collar as the maknae was caught in a crowd of people heading in the opposite direction, towards the exit rather than the transfers.
     By the time they reached Mangwon station it was almost twenty to twelve and, with SungJong and MyungSoo dawdling because they were tired, by the time they got to the dorm it was past midnight. Hoya helped to get SungJong comfortably onto DongWoo's back as the elder carried him into the elevator and took it up to their floor. SungYeol supported MyungSoo into the lift as it arrived back in the lobby.
     "I think today's been successful." Hoya mumbled as he and SungGyu waited for the lift to reach the lobby for the third time. The leader nodded in agreement. " that WooHyun didn't come with us though, it felt kinda wrong to have a good time without him." SungGyu hummed, hitting the call button again. The doors slid open to reveal an empty cabin to them.
     "I'm sure WooHyun was having a wonderful time today." SungGyu replied as they got in. He pressed the floor button and watched the doors close. "I doubt he thought about what we were doing once." Hoya sighed, he and WooHyun didn't see eye to eye most of the time but SungGyu and WooHyun were like two peas in a pod. It must really be bothering the elder if he was speaking so nonchalantly about WooHyun.
     "Hyung you don't have to pretend like you don't care. WooHyun will probably try to push you further until he gets a reaction out of you." SungGyu stared thoughtfully at the ceiling. The elevator came to a halt and the doors opened. He repeated Hoya's words over and over in his head, wondering if WooHyun's logic was the same.
     What if WooHyun was just doing this to get a reaction out of him? Why would he do that? Because SungGyu had told him off for dating? What if him dating was just a way to get attention...? What if WooHyun had meant it when he said he loved him? What if WooHyun was trying to make him jealous?
     "Hyung?" Hoya's voice shattered his thoughts. He blinked and realised he'd stopped just a few paces away from the door. Bowing his head at Hoya as he walked into the dorm, SungGyu quickly took his shoes and jacket off and checked the others were settled. "Goodnight hyung." Hoya called as he disappeared into his bedroom.
     "Goodnight." SungGyu replied, half heartedly. DongWoo had helped SungJong change into his sleep wear and bid goodnight to Hoya as he left the room. Smiling brightly at SungGyu, he waved silently before disappearing into his own room. Both doors closed almost simultaneously, leaving SungGyu standing in the middle of the living room.
     Turning the kitchen light on, SungGyu crossed the living room again to turn the main light off. The warm glow from the kitchen was enough to let him enter his room without tripping over what was on the floor. WooHyun's head peaked out from above his duvet. He was facing the wall so SungGyu couldn't see his face but he was more interested in the dark patch on the pillow, half hidden by his hair.
     Touching the area with the tips of his fingers, SungGyu realised it was damp. WooHyun's hair wasn't at all wet or disheveled so he doubted the younger had been in the shower. Climbing onto the ladder, SungGyu leant over him and gently pulled the duvet away from his face. He sighed, the redness around WooHyun's eyes indicated he'd been crying.
     WooHyun was good at cocooning himself in his duvet. SungGyu had to be especially careful not to wake him as he worked the duvet loose. Eventually there was enough of a gap for him to slip into. He pulled out his phone and held it ready as he went back to the kitchen to turn the light off, plunging himself into complete darkness for a moment.
     Holding his phone up to light the way through the junk on the floor, SungGyu placed the device on WooHyun's mattress and pulled his shirt off. He decided WooHyun might not appreciate finding SungGyu wearing nothing but his boxers sleeping beside him the next morning. Losing his belt, SungGyu climbed up onto the bed, moving his phone so he didn't crush it, and slipped beneath the duvet alongside WooHyun.
     He snuggled right into WooHyun's back, draping an arm over his body and splaying it over his chest, feeling his heart beating beneath his fingers. "You're an idiot..." SungGyu whispered into his ear, not really worried the younger would wake to his words. He'd remained asleep while SungGyu was shuffling around so there was a good chance he was already dreaming.
     He kissed WooHyun's hair before resting his head on the pillow behind his. Before long he was snoring lightly, his hand moving to find its own comfortable position. It came to rest on WooHyun's thigh, dangerously close to his crotch.